<2000 1750 Mech (Serious List) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

1750 Mech (Serious List)

I'm straddling a gap between keeping my Guard and buying a new army for getting back into 40k heavy over the summer. I'm looking for a more defensive, moving list than my current one which is a mixed Mech.

HQ:
    CCS w/ 4 Meltas, Astropath
    Chimera w/ ML/HF

Elite:
    Marbo

Troops:
    Veterans w/ 3 Meltas, Demolitions

Platoon
    PCS w/ 4 Meltas
    Chimera w/ ML/HF
    Squad w/ Autocannon
    3x Squads w/ Autocannon
    3x Chimeras w/ ML/HF
    2x SWS w/ 2 Flamers and 1 Demo Charge

Fast Attack:
    Vendetta
    Vendetta
    Vendetta

Heavy Support:
    Demolisher w/ HF
    Demolisher w/ HF

Strategy:
    The idea is to be more mobile and more defensive than my current list. Obviously Mech can be a very aggressive army but I don't play like that unless I come across an even more defensive army. Right now I have a very big problem with table quarter setup and occasionally with capturing ground, especially if my Vendettas go down.

So I traded in some man power for some treads. With this list I can capture ground more reliably and be more active in avoiding charges, which is the bane of my current list. I get 1-2 squads in my lines and if the Lasguns aren't putting the fire out, it goes downhill fast. I would rather rely on movement than dice, it's more favorable to coax an army into splitting up, than using my speed to beat down one portion at a time.

I don't see a lot of weaknesses with this army, but that's what fresh eyes are for. I feel good against armor, 9x Lascannons, often from the rear or side, 3 Melta units, 1 coming on the side and 2 S10 plates. I'm drowning in flamers and blasts so hordes are a joke. The option to pillbox and shoot is there, so I can have a very effective anti-transport game. Marines are a minor concern, my scatter dice often abandon me but not much I can do about that.

So what do you think LO?

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

The list looks good, but im thinking that it looks a bit heavy on anti tank.

Between the vendettas, demolishers, autocannons, and 3 chimelta squads I think you should have AT weapons covered. For this reason i'd switch out the meltaguns in the veteran squad for flamers, and give the sergeant a powerfist. If you have the models shotguns could be nice in this squad too.

I know what you're thinking, but both the flamers and demo charge are assult anti infantry weapons, and your squad should always be moving, and thus unable to fire the lasguns at a range anyway. So with shotguns and the powerfist you have the option of assaulting your opponent should you fail to finish him off. In the very least it ewill deny him the option of firing back and then charging in with all of his assault bonuses, and is a nice little trick most opponents wont expect.

But it's a great list that should do fine in a compedative enviroment.

The Emperor Protects
    Last edited by kevin vanrooyen; April 26th, 2010 at 05:16.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I go heavy anti-tank because tanks are very popular around here and I'd rather be safe than sorry. Also, I only trust Meltas against AV14, Ordnance scatters off so often and Lascannons have awful, awful odds. I never shoot Lascannons at heavy armor if I have a choice.

The vets and SWS always ride in Vendettas, I pretty much plan to use them as objective takers and opportunistic shooters. If I can wipe out a target in one turn with them, they'll deploy. Guard squads die like dogs in the open, especially 6 man ones with bad Ld so I try to be a little cautious.

I know what you're saying with the more assault build, I probably will do Shotguns as that's free, food idea there. I'm not big on expensive WS3 Power Weapons though, if a unit os very mangled, just raw dice will probably get it done. If I have to assault some big gribbly, well I'm probably in a bad spot with or without the 'Fist.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Rather than put flamers on BS4 veterans take 4 flamers on the PCS who are only BS3. It also frees up points to add GLs to the platoon infantry squads.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Hmmm that's an idea, I really don't want to go down on Meltas though and I already have a lot of flamers, one on almost every tank and 4 in SWS, plus templates from other sources.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    Hmmm that's an idea, I really don't want to go down on Meltas though and I already have a lot of flamers, one on almost every tank and 4 in SWS, plus templates from other sources.
    I think you should try it, grenade launchers can damage light vehicles and transports before they get into critical melta range, and although you already have a number of flamers (4 and 7 heavy flamers) you should try to keep most of them away from your opponent until the late game, and at that point the extra flamers can help punish hordes.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I'll think on it, I'm more afraid of things that can keep up with me, like other transports, flying gribblies etc. Once I get rid of those, it's a one sided battle as I move around, shooting and than finish off anything late game that's a straggler. Only a truly huge horde could cause me problems by spreading across the entire table, but than all I have to do is punch through one flank and I'll take minimal damage.

I'm def very high on Grenade Launchers, it'd be nice to have something strong to shoot while moving. What about getting rid of the Demolitions Doctrine for them? It seems a bit overkill and the Meltabombs are situational, where as more guns is more better.

+ Reply to Thread