Need advice Raven Gaurd army list 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice Raven Gaurd army list 1500

i am looking at collecting a Raven Guard army of around 1500pts

i have an idea of what i want just need it to be checked by some experienced peoples

HQ

Kayvaan Shike (195)

Elites

10 Assault Squad (230)
    -1 w/plasma pistol
    sergeant
    -power fist

10 Assault Squad (215)
    sergeant
    -power fist

Troops

10 Tactical Squad (205)
    -1 w/meltagun
    -1 w/missile launcher
    sergeant
    -power weapon
    -plasma pistol

10 Tactical Squad (185)
    -1 w/flamer
    -1 w/missile launcher
    sergeant
    -power weapon

5 Scout Squad (90)
    -4 w/sniper rifles + camo cloaks
    sergeant
    -sniper rifle + camo cloak

Fast Attach

2 Land Speeder Squad (200)
    -2 w/typhoon missile launcher
    -2 w/multi-melta

Drop-pod (35)

Drop-pod (35)

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad
    -2 w/lascannon's
    -1 w/plasma cannon
    -1 w/multi-melta

any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated

thanks Jonathan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

HQ: I've always had a bit of trouble fielding Shrike in Raven Guard lists. He's very expensive and you need to maximise your use of Fleet. Unfortunately, in this army, Fleet does not give you much of an advantage. Assault Squads just aren't really that good. I would consider using a Librarian instead.

Fast Attack: Assault Squads are fast attack, not Elites. I would try to find the points to fit two flamers into each squad. S4 attacks aren't scaring anybody so you need to make these work more effectively. Take the Multi-Meltas off the Typhoons. They should be hanging back popping transports or MC's from long range with the missile launcher, if you get close to fire the MM you lose this advantage.

Troops: Are the Tactical Squads in the Drop Pods? Pretty standard here. I like going Missile/Melta/Combi-Melta and combat-squadding when dropping. Two Melta shots allows me to have a decent chance at popping any armour on the drop. Scouts are fine.

Heavy: No, sorry. Too expensive and just not very useful. Their weaponry is too mixed to be of any consistent use and they need extra bodies to soak up wounds. Go with 4 x Missile Launcher or drop them.

What I would do in this army, is drop the Devastators and use the points to buy Sternguard in a Drop Pod. Get as many Combi-Meltas as you can in there. You now have 3 Drop Pods (allowing for two on Turn 1) with serious anti-tank power. They also have great anti-MC and anti-MEQ firepower. If you replace Shrike with a Librarian he can go with the Sternguard and provide a cover save with his powers, as well as using Null Zone should you be laying down firepower on an Inv. Save unit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hello MaverickMk11. Welcome to LO. Feel free to contact either myself or another mod if you have any questions. In the meantime, this thread belongs in the army-list section, which can be accessed on the main forum page for Space Marines. No worries. I just so happen to have this warp hole lying about that should safely transport your thread to the proper section.

*thread transported via warp*

Last edited by Rabbit; April 28th, 2010 at 17:33.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread