Hakari 28th Army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hakari 28th Army list

Hey everyone, this is my first post and I was just wondering if I could get any feed back for my planned IG army, the Hakari 28th Rifles.

The fluff is that Hakari is a little known forgeworld that mainly makes support vehicles like the trojan, halftracks, etc. The 28th Rifles are special because there one of the few infantry regiments coming from Hakari.

Colour Scheme is dark gre armor(codex/black mix) with lighter grey cloth (fortresse grey/white mix), I know alot of people have done this before but im going to use a lot of dark grey/light grey camo so I hope it will look a little unique.

My tactics are platoon 1 runs up the center getting the enemies attention while platoon 2 takes out the tanks. The stormtroopers will be my big killers, taking out things like terminators and battlesuits.

I've only played Ig a few times so if you have any suggestions about my army list or my tactics please post.

Hakari 28th Army List

HQ

Company Command Squad
    Bolt Pistol
    Medi-pack
    Vox-caster
    Regimental Standard
    Grenade Launcher
    Advisor- Bodyguard
    122 pts.

Elites

Ratling Squad
    Seven additional Ratling snipers
    100 pts.

Storm Trooper Squad
    Five additional Storm Troopers
    Power Weapon
    Flamer
    Meltagun
    190 pts.

Storm Trooper Squad
    Five additional Storm Troopers
    Power Weapon
    Flamer
    Meltagun
    190 pts.

Troops

Infantry Platoon 1

Platoon Command Squad
    Power Weapon
    Commissar
    Medi-pack
    Vox-caster
    Advisor- Bodyguard
    Grenade Launcher
    Heavy Flamer
    150 pts.

Infantry Squad
    Sniper Rifle
    Vox-caster
    60 pts.

Infantry Squad
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox-caster
    60 pts.

Infantry Squad
    Meltagun
    Vox-caster
    65 pts.

Infantry Squad
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox-caster
    60 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad
    Missile Launcher
    Missile Launcher
    80 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad
    Missile Launcher
    Missile Launcher
    80 pts.

Platoon 2

Platoon Command Squad
    Bolt Pistol
    Medi-pack
    Platoon Standard
    Vox-caster
    Sniper Rifle
    82 pts.

Infantry Squad
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox-caster
    60 pts.

Infantry Squad
    Meltagun
    Vox-caster
    65 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad
    Autocannon
    Autocannon
    Heavy Bolter
    75 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad
    Autocannon
    Autocannon
    Heavy Bolter
    75 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad
    Autocannon
    Autocannon
    Heavy Bolter
    75 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad
    60 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad
    60 pts.

Fast Attack

Scout Sentinel
    Autocannon
    Hunter-killer Missiel
    50 pts.

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    150 pts.

Total 1752 pts.

Last edited by Rabbit; April 30th, 2010 at 20:06.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Double posted and in the wrong forum. I approve. Welcome to LO, hopefully you get moved here soon.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Commissar Creed;1682953]
    My tactics are platoon 1 runs up the center getting the enemies attention while platoon 2 takes out the tanks. The stormtroopers will be my big killers, taking out things like terminators and battlesuits.
    Hakari 28th Army List

Hi Creed,

New guy here too.

You don't have much in the way of armor, so the single Russ will probably get shot up fast, and every other unit in your force can be killed with a decent handgun, I would think you need more armor, both in the HS section and in general, so that you opponents will be forced to chose targets for their anti armor, rather than just shooting everything at the lonely russ. I would try to get at least another tank inthere.

With the way you intend to use Platoon 1 you'd probably be better off with some Veterans in Chimeras (3x melta or plasma), this will be fast / more mobile and probably also more killy. The missile launchers in Platoon one need to stand still to fire, so if they move up the board their weapons are wasted.

For the price of you AC heavy weapon teams in Platoon two you can get a Hydra Flak for each, if the platoon is hanging back anyway go for these instead of the HW squads (armor, better firepower). ONly downside is that there's only the Forgeworld model for it currently and it's expensive.

Finally you can't rely on the Stormtroopers killing Terminators, plasma or meltaguns are needed for that (or high strength pie plates (AP1 or 2)). In your current loadout for them there's one melta in each, and that's the only gun there, that will reliably hurt Termies. More meltas or plasmas per squad is the way to go for killing Termies with storm troopers, and even then Veterans in a Chimera might do it better as they can bring one more special weapon.
    Last edited by Darth Bobo; April 30th, 2010 at 11:14. Reason: spelling and ST comment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrong forum... 1st post? Excused
    Welcome!

Hmm... Just one tank? In my opinion one tank is either too much tanks or too less. You should present your opponents anti armour either more targets or none at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Welcome to the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Creed View Post
    The fluff is that Hakari is a little known forgeworld that mainly makes support vehicles like the trojan, halftracks, etc. The 28th Rifles are special because there one of the few infantry regiments coming from Hakari.

I always like to see fluff. You might consider, however, how this lends itself to creating a theme for the army. Is there something about being from a forgeworld that is reflected in lists or models? Is the army a planetary defense force or a tithed regiment that leaves the world? If they stay on Hakari you could include chimeras that have extra bits to make them more like support vehicles. You could also include more 'engineer' type units such as techpriests, special weapon squads, and veterans with demolitions.

Hakari 28th Army List

HQ

Company Command Squad 50
    Bolt Pistol 2
    Medi-pack 30
    Vox-caster 5
    Regimental Standard 15
    Grenade Launcher 5
    Advisor- Bodyguard 15
    122 pts.

Add more special weapons and perhaps a transport. Lose the medic and commissar.

Elites

Ratling Squad 30
    Seven additional Ratling snipers 70
    100 pts.

While I love sniper rifles, they don't add to much to an army's firepower. Compare their damage capability to a heavy weapon squad or veterans with 3 special weapons at around the same price.

Storm Trooper Squad 85
    Five additional Storm Troopers 80
    Power Weapon 10
    Flamer 5
    Meltagun 10
    190 pts.

Storm Trooper Squad 85
    Five additional Storm Troopers 80
    Power Weapon 10
    Flamer 5
    Meltagun 10
    190 pts.

As a general rule, don't mix and match weapons. A small squad (5-6) with 2 meltas is great for deepstriking to kill tanks. I big squad with plasma or flamers is good against heavy infantry or hordes. Drop the power weapons, these will add little to their combat abilities. It takes 6 power weapon attacks to kill one marine, so it's not worth it.
    Troops

Infantry Platoon 1

Platoon Command Squad 30
    Power Weapon 10
    Commissar 35
    Medi-pack 30
    Vox-caster 5
    Advisor- Bodyguard 15
    Grenade Launcher 5
    Heavy Flamer 20
    150 pts.

Infantry Squad 50
    Sniper Rifle 5
    Vox-caster 5
    60 pts.

Infantry Squad 50
    Grenade Launcher 5
    Vox-caster 5
    60 pts.

Infantry Squad 50
    Meltagun 10
    Vox-caster 5
    65 pts.

Infantry Squad 50
    Grenade Launcher 5
    Vox-caster 5
    60 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad 60
    Missile Launcher 10
    Missile Launcher 10
    80 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad 60
    Missile Launcher 10
    Missile Launcher 10
    80 pts.

Again, try to keep similar weapons through out. Infantry squads with grenade launchers or flamers are good for making a large mobile combined squad. If you want a commissar put him with one of the infantry squads. Put three missiles in the heavy weapon squads. Streamline the command squad, just add weapons.

Platoon 2

Platoon Command Squad 30
    Bolt Pistol 2
    Medi-pack 30
    Platoon Standard 15
    Vox-caster 5
    Sniper Rifle 5
    82 pts.

Infantry Squad 50
    Grenade Launcher 5
    Vox-caster 5
    60 pts.

Infantry Squad 50
    Meltagun 10
    Vox-caster 5
    65 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad 60
    Autocannon 5
    Autocannon 5
    Heavy Bolter 5
    75 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad 60
    Autocannon 5
    Autocannon 5
    Heavy Bolter 5
    75 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad 60
    Autocannon 5
    Autocannon 5
    Heavy Bolter 5
    75 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad 60
    60 pts.

Heavy Weapon Squad 60
    60 pts.

Similar idea, remove sniper rifles and equip in a similar fashion. For stationary infantry, most people take grenade launchers with either a missile launcher or an autocannon. Keep the heavy weapon squads as autocannons or heavy bolters.

Fast Attack

Scout Sentinel 35
    Autocannon 5
    Hunter-killer Missiel 10
    50 pts.

Heavy Support

Leman Russ Battle Tank 150
    150 pts.

Good but could use more armor in general.

Total 1752 pts.
    You will be surprised by the point savings when you strip the command squads, downsize the stormy squads, and remove the rattlings. I'd personally remove the vox network too.

Also, you have tons of heavy weapon squads. While the weapon are good, the squads are extremely fragile and can be difficult to deploy, especially when there are several. I might drop 1 or 2.

With all those points, throw in a couple chimeras, sentinels, and another russ. A veteran squad in a chimera with meltas or plasma would be a great way to handle terminators, monsters, vehicles, and what not.
    Last edited by Rhoaran; April 30th, 2010 at 17:23.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hello Com. Creed, and welcome to LO. Feel free to contact either myself or another moderator if you have any questions. In the meantime, I'm moving your thread to the IG army-list section, which can be accessed at the top of the IG main forum page. Also, I've removed all the individual point costs from your models, seeing as how we are not permitted to included the specific cost of a given model (GW has a copyright on that ). You can, however, list the total point cost for a squad.

*thread revised & punted to the IG army-list section with helpful illustration*

Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Would have to agree with the others.

Not enough armour.
    Rethink the stormtroopers
    streamline command squads
    Don't know if vox network is needed but I get why some people use it. That should be first thing to go if you want more in the army.
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rabbit, thanks for moving it and all, didn't really know where tp put it
    Never knew about the points cost think, thanks for telling me

Commissar Creed

+ Reply to Thread