<3000 That time of the year, 'ard boyz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

That time of the year, 'ard boyz

2500 Point Salamander Army

HQ-
    Vulkan He’Stan- 190 points (goes with Terminators)

Chaplain Casscius- 125 points (Used with a Chaplain Xavior of Salamanders from 3rd edition, but modeled correctly for wysiwyg) <goes with Assault Terminators>

Elites-
    5 Assault Terminators w/ 5x Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields-200 points
    -Land Raider Crusader w/Extra Armor, Multi-melta, and Storm Bolter- 285 points

5 Terminators w/ 1x Heavy Flamer and 1x Chain Fist- 210 points
    - Land Raider Redeemer w/ Extra Armor, and Multimelta- 265 points

Troops-
    10 Tactical marines w/ Power Fist (Sergeant Only), 1x Flamer, and 1x Multi-Melta- 195 points
    -Rhino- 35 points

10 Tactical marines w/ Power Fist (Sergeant Only), 1x Combi-Melta, 1x Melta Gun, and 1x Missile Launcher-210 points
    -Rhino -35 points

6 Scouts w/ 4x Sniper Rifles, 1x Missile Launcher, Sergeant Telion, and 6x Camo Cloaks- 166 points

10 Scouts w/5x Bolt Pistols, 5x Combat Knives, 1x Heavy Bolter, 3x Shotguns, Plasma Pistol and Power Fist (Sergeant Only) - 190 points

Fast Attack-

Heavy Support-
    Vindicator - 115 points

Land Raider w/ Multi-Melta and Extra Armor – 275 points (big scout squad goes here)

I know the list only has 4 troop choices, although I feel they are rather tough and I have no fast attack choice.

I do remember last year that there was a mission where if your opponent killed all of every category they got +1 battle point. So I will automatically forfeit that to my opponent if it is there again. But I am not too concerned because it doesn't go into consideration to who won the actual game.

If I didn't have the models for scouts already, I'd take a 3rd tactical squad and stuff it in the regular land raider. But as of now the big scout squad is in it. Same goes for the regular termies, if i had the models id take another 5 with thunder hammers.

Other than that its just land raider rush. Disembark things and see what happens.

Any last minute changes?

Last edited by ericismyname; April 30th, 2010 at 22:38.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

A LR-rush list with only 3 LR's (of which 1 will only move 6" at a time)? Unless you're playing against orks, this list is destined for early retirement. There's just so much meltas (and other AT) that you'll see at 2500 it's not even funny.

4 troops here is actually ok as you can combat squad if needed. Cassius should go with regular termies as assault termies are already master-crafted. That large scout squad isn't very good, especially in a LR. I'd swap them out for another tact squad with flamer, pfist and missile launcher.

Finally, maybe you may not have the models, but I'd consider Multi-melta attack bikes or HF/MM land speeders in this list for a little mobility.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

How many land raiders should I be fielding? And I know the scout squad is dumb, but I didnt have another tac squad and didnt want to buy them, alas, it may appear I am destined too haha. And The first turn they will all be moving 12. Shooting multi meltas and all defensive weapons.

You're right, I ll switch the termy character load out stat.

I own a land speeder with multi melta and a land speeder storm with heavy bolter.

Maybe I will just use my Eldar. arg.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

You probably don't have the models, but I'll give you an example of a LR-spam list.

Librarian - TDA + SS - 140
    Cassius - 125

5x TH/SS Termies - 200
    LRR - EA, MM - 265

5x Terminators - HF, Chainfist - 210
    LRR - EA, MM - 265

Tact Squad - Melta, ML, PF - 200

Tact Squad - Melta, ML - 175

Scout Squad - BP+CCW - 140

LR - MM - 260
    LR - MM - 260
    LR - MM - 260

Total - 2500

But honestly, for the 'Ard Boyz I'd stick with whichever army you're better with, even if that means playing with your eldar. 'AB lists can get very cheesy sometimes and very discouraging if you're just trying out an army for fun (that should be done in more casual gaming environments).
    Last edited by jy2; May 1st, 2010 at 08:41.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

Yeah I know I played with eldar last year. 4th in qualifiers. First 3 placers all wanted to go to regionals. so i was crap outta luck. I have been doing better recently at several 1750 tournaments with a list that had the assault termies, 2 10 man tactical squads, scouts with telion, 2 land raiders, a rhino and vindicator. with all multimeltas, meltas and flamers everywhere. In fact ive tabled half my opponents and have only lost 1 game. by 1 KP. Dam casscious dying... But I can get my hands on a 4th land raider, itd be a redeemer.

But other than that I have a reg land speeder with multi melta, a land speeder storm, devastater squad, dakka predator, 1 more rhino, razorback with TL bolt guns, and razorback w/ TL Lascannons.

Given the models available to me, what changes would you make?
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

There's probably 2 ways I'd play this. The first is LR-spam. Borrow that LRR and work it into your list.

The 2nd is to remove the LRC and use a shooty marines list as a base with your 2 termie squads being assault/counter-assault units. This would probably be the more balanced of the two.

It's really a matter of preference.

List #1 - LR

HQ-

Chaplain Casscius- 125 points (Used with a Chaplain Xavior of Salamanders from 3rd edition, but modeled correctly for wysiwyg) <goes with Assault Terminators>

Elites-
    -Land Raider Crusader w/Extra Armor, Multi-melta- 275 points

- Land Raider Redeemer w/Extra Armor, and Multimelta- 265 points

Troops-
    10 Tactical marines w/ Power Fist (Sergeant Only), 1x Flamer, and 1x Multi-Melta- 195 points
    -Rhino- 35 points

10 Tactical marines w/ Power Fist (Sergeant Only), 1x Melta Gun, and 1x Missile Launcher-200 points (in LRR)

5 Scouts w/ 4x Sniper Rifles, 1x Missile Launcher, and 5x Camo Cloaks- 100 points

10 Scouts w/5x Bolt Pistols, 5x Combat Knives, 3x Shotguns, and Power Fist (Sergeant Only) - 165 points

Heavy Support-

Land Raider Redeemer w/Extra Armor, and Multimelta- 265 points

Land Raider w/ Multi-Melta and Extra Armor – 275 points (big scout squad goes here)

Total - 2500

List #2 - SHOOTY

HQ-

Elites-
    - Land Raider w/ Multi-Melta and Extra Armor – 275 points

- Land Raider Redeemer w/Extra Armor, and Multimelta- 265 points

Troops-
    -Razorback w/TL-Heavy Bolters - 40

10 Tactical marines w/ Power Fist (Sergeant Only), 1x Melta Gun, and 1x Missile Launcher-200 points
    -Razorback w/TL-Lascannons - 75

6 Scouts w/ 4x Sniper Rifles, 1x Missile Launcher, Sergeant Telion, and 6x Camo Cloaks- 166 points

5 Scouts w/Bolt Pistols, Combat Knives, and Power Fist (Sergeant Only) - 100 points (in LS Storm)

Fast Attack-

Land Speeder - Multi-melta - 60

Land Speeder Storm - 50

Heavy Support-

Dakka Predator - (not sure what's your load-out)

Devastators - (not sure what's your load-out)

Vindicator - 115

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

I like the first one! thanks for your help.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points

+ Reply to Thread