<3000 Schools league army list 600pts PLEASE HELP.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schools league army list 600pts PLEASE HELP....

Hey for the national finals in the schools league i was wondering how this list would do against armys like SM and other popular armys as my school won it i need a good list to go against the big boys/or girls...hee hee.......

• Commasar lord w/power fist
    • penal squad
    • penal squad
    • vetran squad w/3 meltaguns +carapace
    • Infantry Platoon PCS 2 meltaguns +3 squads (no upgrads)

I know this lists is a funny one and i have to get up close to tanks to kill them but im struggling to find a list that is good and my list i used before was touch and go i just scraped 2 wins and a loss ..please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

You have some odd choices for your points level. Your list is very vulnerable to templates, and your only anti tank lacks mobility. I would suggest something like:

HQ

Company Command Squad - 4x Grenade Launcher, Chimera with Hull Heavy Flamer. Company Commander has a powerfist and a Plasma Pistol

Elite

Stormtrooper Squad (5 models) - 2x Meltagun. This unit can arrive by deepstrike and get anti tank punch where it is needed.

Guardsman Marbo - Also shows up where you want him, and nothing says love like a demo charge. Marbo is also a beast in close combat.

Troops

Veteran Squad - 3x Grenade Launcher, Chimera with Hull Heavy Flamer

Veteran Squad - 3x Grenade Launcher, Chimera with Hull Heavy Flamer

This list will give you more mobility more firepower, and do a better job of keeping you out of hand to hand. Your opponents will need to pull you out of your transports to get to the meaty squads inside. The shock value of having the stormies and marbo in your opponents back field is just a nice bonus . Anyway, good luck with your tourney.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by captin steve View Post
    Hey for the national finals in the schools league i was wondering how this list would do against armys like SM and other popular armys as my school won it i need a good list to go against the big boys/or girls...hee hee.......

• Commasar lord w/power fist
    In this points level take a psyker. They are much better than commie lords and blobbing up (where commissars of all types shine) isnt as useful in low point games as it greatly reduces your tactical flexibility.
    • penal squad
    • penal squad
    These squads arent great, and shouldnt really be in a tournament list, drop them.
    • vetran squad w/3 meltaguns +carapace
    Drop the carapace and grab these guys a chimera.
    • Infantry Platoon PCS 2 meltaguns +3 squads (no upgrads)
    Those infantry need upgrades, even grenade launchers and mortars are great compared to your current setup and the 6 blast weapons will only put you down 30pts. Gra the PCS a chimera.

I know this lists is a funny one and i have to get up close to tanks to kill them but im struggling to find a list that is good and my list i used before was touch and go i just scraped 2 wins and a loss ..please help
    Those changes should leave you with 70pts, i suggest Marbo, he can screw with your opponents line better than the penal legion.

This list will give you an increase in firepower, mobility, and armour but you will lose two scoring units and drop 17 bodies. Trust me tough, the changes are well worth it.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another option that might be a little cheesy at this pointlevel, depending on how the opposition is set up to deal with armor:

CCS, 4 x Grenade Launchers, Chimera (ML/HF) 125

Veteran Squad, 3 x Meltagun, Chimera (ML/HF) 155

Leman Russ Demolisher (HF) 165

Comes to 600 pts exactly and gives you 4 pieces of armor..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bobo View Post
    Another option that might be a little cheesy at this pointlevel, depending on how the opposition is set up to deal with armor:

CCS, 4 x Grenade Launchers, Chimera (ML/HF) 125

Leman Russ Demolisher (HF) 165

Comes to 600 pts exactly and gives you 4 pieces of armor..
    Unless there is any rule against such armour, that looks like a perfect list for these points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

HA! A demolisher in 600pts! thats crazy!

Yeh Penal legion ain't good enough in that many pts. Agreeing there
    Chimeltas will do well as well.
    And agreed, definitely a psyker instead of commissar. A CCS Will do rather well but dont bother with powerfists in a 600pt game.

I'd say somewhere between Darth Bobo and IronWeevil is your best bet.
    This reminds me a lot of the 40k in40minutes tournies we used to do haha.
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes its like 40k in 40mins ...oh the good old days ...not .....lol...theres not armour caps in this torney just the force org chart is a little bit diffrent

you need your standard HQ and 2 Troops then its one elite choise Fast attack OR Heavy support ... the mech list sounds quite fun i might swap a melta in the vet squads for a flamer as there shouldnt be that much of armour in 600 pts .....thanx for the help and may the The Emperor Protect us all.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, I contributed

Good luck with the tournament!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Thats probably the best bet.
    But if you do give the vets shotguns.

they'll have to be in close anyway. you may as well take the benefit
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

+ Reply to Thread