<2000 Ultramarines Second Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultramarines Second Company

Hey guys,

Just for fun and as a long term project I wanted to collect the Ultramarine Second Company, but want to display it her first for the following reasons...

1. Is it viable and competitive without being over the top?

2. Their is no description or picture of what tactical squads had for transports so critiques on my transport choices would be very helpful.

Here we go...

HQ

Captain Cato Sicarius

Chaplain Elianu Trajan
    Jumpack

Command Squad "Lions of Macragge"
    1 w/th Powerfist
    1 w/th Meltagun
    Company Champion
    Company Standard

Troops

Tactical Squad Fennion "The Immortals"
    Flamer
    Missile Launcher
    Powerfist
    Rhino

Tactical Squad Vorolanus "The Thunderbolts"
    Flamer
    Missile Launcher
    Power Fist
    Rhino

Tactical Squad Manorian "The Shield Bearers"
    Meltagun
    Missile Launcher
    Sergeant w/th Power Fist
    Rhino

Tactical Squad Solinus "The Indomitable"
    Multi-Melta
    Flamer
    Sergeant w/th Power Fist
    Rhino

Tactical Squad Octavian "Sword of Judgment"
    Multimelta
    Meltagun
    Sergeant w/th Power Fist
    Rhino

Tactical Squad Vandar "The Victors"
    Lascannon
    Plasma Gun
    Sergeant w/th Powerfist
    Rhino

Elites

Dreadnought "Brother Ultracius"
    Assault CannonDrop Pod

Vulnerable Dreadnought "Brother Agnathio"
    Multi-melta
    Drop Pod

Fast Attack

Assault Squad Strabo "The Heroes of Selonopolis"
    Flamer
    Flamer
    Sergeant w/th Power Fist

Assault Squad Ixion "Macragge's Avengers"
    Flamer
    Flamer
    Sergeant w/th Power Fist

Heavy Support

10 man Devastator Squad Atavian "The Titan Slayers"
    2 Plasma Cannons
    2 Lascannons
    Sergeant w/ Bolter
    Razorback w/th Lascannon and twin-linked Plasma Gun

10 man Devastator Squad Tirian "Gulliman's Hammer"
    2 Heavy Bolters
    2 Missile launchers
    Sergeant w/th Bolter
    Razorback w/th Lascannon and twin-linked Plasma Gun

Land Raider Redeemer
    Multi-Melta

Last edited by Mango33; May 4th, 2010 at 05:12.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ha, going off the page in the Codex then. I like it although the weapon loadouts in the squads leave something to be desired. Also the lack of armour means you're going to ge hurt. There is nothing 'big' in your list to take the ehat off the transports so those little AV11 vehicles are going to take the full brunt of enemy Anti-Tank. Chucking a Predator or Vindicator in there will help draw the fire away.

I Work it out to be something in the lines of 3370pts. Are you looking at going at an even 3500?

HQ:
    Fine. What is the Command Squad riding in? The Command squad isn't equiped idealy, more for fluff. I'd like to see atleast another Meltagun in there and the standard is something rarely needed or used.

Chaplin: Who's he going with? grab him a Jump Pack and chuck him with the Assault Squads.

ELITES:
    One of those dreads is over 5000 years old. I think he deserves being Venerable I forget which one though.

TROOPS:
    Looks ok all told. Plasma pistols on sergeants I'd avoid. I'd also go for Fists of Power Weapons and give the sergeant a Boltgun or Combi Weapon. H-Weapons up to you but M-Launchers and M-Meltas are best of the Free ones.

Rhino's - Ditch the Dozer Blades.

Combat squadding all these boys will give your opponent some food for thought. 12 Scoring units is nothing to be sniffed at. Especially when they're Marines.

FAST:
    A sergeant with a Fist and the Squad with 2 Flamers is the best all round combo. Again, avoid plasma pistols on sergeants.

HEAVY:
    Ditch the Fist on the serge. The weapon loadouts aren't to bad if you're going to be combat squadding them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!!!

Wow at those points I could easily add some appocalypse units in. Hmmm...

Okay...

1. Ooops the Command Shoild probably be in a Land Raider. Which pattern should it be?

2. I think a vulnerable dreadnought is in order. Thanks for bringing that info to my attention.

3. Like the Chaplain idea. Will do.

4. Will remove Plasma Pistols and make up a reason for their dissapearance. And did you say that I should go for fists over Power Weapons?

5. Dozer Blades gone.

6. Will be combat squading them but how should I divide the heavy weapons?

7. I don't think altering the weapon loadouts makes them non-fluffy, as squads do not always carry the same haevy weapons to battle do they?

8. Will alter assault marine loadouts.

9. Will ditch fist on Dev Sergeant

10. Will see what else I can add in the form of heavy tanks. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

A couple responses:

1. Godhammer or Crusader, depending on if you need extra anti-tank or anti-infantry in your army.

4. Power fists give your sergents the ability to effectively engage anything except lander raiders and vehicles moving at high speeds in close combat. They are easily one of the most useful upgrade options that you can give a sergent.

6. Heavy weapons of the same type into the same combat squad, that way you can always fire the weapons at a target that they're effective against.

7. Not at all. I actaully use all missile launchers on my devestators, and save the lascannons/plasma cannons for the tactical squads, which saves a lot of points. There is nothing at all wrong with making minor alterations to the wargear to improve combat/cost effectiveness, when building a fluffy baseline list such as this.

10. Land Raider or Vindicator. Burning your last heavy slot on a land raider is the only way to get one for your command squad with this list, and the Vindicator packs a strength 10 ordnance blast that'll draw a fair bit of fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply!!!

1. Like the Powerfist point, will alter.

2. I want a Land Raider Crusader to transport my Command plus it will help vs. hordes.

How does the list above look now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

in a word. Better

Splitting the devvi's, I agree with watchwood. 2 of the same weapons in each 5.
    You have enough anti armor in the units to deal with most tanks in the infantry so the crusader is the best option. It still has a multimelta on it ("The 1 gun..." You'll get the joke after you have a game) as well as the assault cannon so yeah it can hurt armor as well but keep it on the hordes like you said.

Main thing with this army I'd say is to make sure everything that goes forward hits at the same time. Like dont have 2 forward units charging and one left as the one thats left will get pummeled.
    I think I'd rather have twin lascannons on the razorback. Personal preference though.

Liking the current look to this.
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I get it,

so mass and strike with overwhelming force with my front line units as if any are left they will be blasted to little burnt bits.

My ideas on tactics are summed up in the following 3 statements...

1. Rush with my front line units to remove threats (be the scalpel sorta thing)

2. Use Devastators to remove Heavy Armor

3. Use Dreadnoughts and Assault squads to get the jump on the main force of the enemy with Dreadnoughts going for armor and the like and Assault Squads mostly medium to light infantry.

Ohh yeah and the reason for the Plasma Gun on the Razorback is incase any deepstrike termies come up in an unwanted position.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Comments in Blue mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mango33 View Post
    Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango33 View Post
    No Worries

1. Ooops the Command Shoild probably be in a Land Raider. Which pattern should it be?
    Either the normal Pattern for an all round combo or a Redeemer with Multi Melta.

2. I think a vulnerable dreadnought is in order. Thanks for bringing that info to my attention.
    Hehe. Vulnerable.

4. Will remove Plasma Pistols and make up a reason for their dissapearance. And did you say that I should go for fists over Power Weapons?
    Yeah Powerfists mean you can take out more Targets like vehicles and wounded Monstrous Creatures. lus it means you wont get bogged down in combat for the whole game by a Sentinel. Suplimenting the Special weapon in the squad by giving the Serge a Combi weapon is never a bad thing either.

6. Will be combat squading them but how should I divide the heavy weapons?
    Talking about the Devastators Right? Just combat squad them so all the weapons are the same in the one squad. Lascannons in Devastators are Ridiculously Priced though so you might want to take M-Launchers over those.

7. I don't think altering the weapon loadouts makes them non-fluffy, as squads do not always carry the same haevy weapons to battle do they?
    Nah this is true. Go for what you like then!

10. Will see what else I can add in the form of heavy tanks. Any suggestions?
    Vindicators draw alot of attention and are killy so thats always a good thing to go for.

Last edited by Lord Borak; May 3rd, 2010 at 10:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks and will alter!!!

+ Reply to Thread