<3000 2500 vanilla deathwatch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    leeds yorkshire england am not a yorkie though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 vanilla deathwatch

right i posted a while ago to get some ideas have now formulated my plan and here it is

Pedro Kantor

Space marine captain
    relic blade hellfire rounds, aux grenade launcher, artificer armour bike 205

Sternguard squads x3 (all the same)

x10 men,x8 combi weapons,x2 heavy flamers drop pod 370 (total 1110)

Troops

scout squad
    x5 scouts,heavy bolter camo cloaks sniper rifles 100

scout squad
    x5 scouts,missle launcher camo cloaks sniper rifles 100

bike squad
    x6 bikes, x2 Mg, PF 185

Fast Attack

landspeeder typhoon with HB 90

Heavy support

Devastor squad
    x4 ML 150

devastor squad
    x2 LC x2 PC 210

Devastor squad
    x2HB,x2ML 150

Total 2475

that leaves me 25 points which i havent deceided how to use yet probably a fist on something or combi's on something's. i think the bike captains a bit tooled up(was thinking of a storm shield with spare points possibly) but thats my image of a death watch captain tooled up to death with best he can get. obviously sternguard spam is the order of the day with kantor and also fits the bill for the sternguard having special ammo so my fluff is in there the scouts fluff wise are the best of the best storm troopers since death watch only recruit full space marines .

plan wise is to sit the missile launcher scouts on home base supported by the devs to hopefully make people think f**k that sh*t i aint going near it, and if they do to make em pay for it. two pods come in first to pressure the enemy's obj and punish tanks and infantry kantor will be in 1 . the combi load outr i think will be combat squad 1 5combi meltas and combat squad 2 3 combi flamers and 2 hvy flamers just to make sure thats the same for all the sternguard squads. the typhoon and bike squad are gonna roll together kicking arse with the bike captain.

constructive crit welcomed but dont try and change to much like adding vindis etc its essentially a foot slogger force holding to death watch fluff(i dont recall them using bikes but i have creative licence for that but i think tanks or apc's are pushing it

thank you and good night

oh and any tactics etc you have feel free to tell me

i rock my world

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 views and not one comment dont be shy people ima big boy you wont hurt me with words
    i rock my world

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

From the name I thought I would be seeing, well actual Death Watch squads. I'm a little disapointed that you don't have any. It looks pretty true to death watch, minus the fact you arn't deep striking.

I like the list overall, I think you have enough troops to really do whatever you want and with a pottential of 26 Melta Guns, no armor will be safe.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im using the sternguard as the main deathwatch closest i can get TBH

drop pods are deep striking i just couldnt find a way to get devs deep striking without losing a turn of shooting, and scouts(strom troopers) are grav shooting in for fluff reasons (obviously just infiltrating)

id love to use the old deathwatch rules with the hvy bolter that could move and fire but hey ho cant use them no more they will of course be painted deathwatch (black, silver arm chapter colours on 1 shoulder pad and inquisition red on the other(deep rich red almost black) and if i can get them some death watch shoulder pad and bolters).

any ideas on where anything is wrong or could be better i never actually countered all the meltas and such but i think i have enough of everything to cover redundancy also its different to mech spam so im happy
    Last edited by cheeky plague; May 5th, 2010 at 19:52.
    i rock my world

+ Reply to Thread