<2000 Dark Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Angels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Angels

Please note that as Sammael and Belial are both included in this list, all deathwing and ravenwing (bikes only) count as scoring troops.

HQ

Belial
    Sammael (Land Speeder)

Troops

Tac Sq - 10 Marines, Power Weapon, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Cannon
    Tac Sq - 10 Marines, Power Weapon, Plasma Rifle, Lascannon

5 Deathwing - Company Banner, Lightning Claws, Assault Cannon, Thunder Hammer, Apothecary
    5 Deathwing - Storm Bolters and Power Fists, Power Weapon

Ravenwing Attack Sq. - 6 Bikes, 1 Attack Bike (Multi Melta), 1 Land Speeder

Support

1 Land Speeder (Typhoon)

------
    At the moment it runs really well against new Marine lists, with the plasma rifles and cannons.

I'm having a bit of trouble with armour-heavy lists, such as IG and Tau, at least once the lascannon tac sq is out of the game. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

It's just to small and to static. The Tactical Squads are very stand and shoot which is not the strength of Marines. The Termies accomplish little that I can see, either walking and dying or Deep Strike and die from lack of support. I'm not a big fan of mixing Speeders and Bikes, you could easily separate them and get more done. You are far from high on KPs anyways.

I'm not sure how this is working well against Marines unless they to are on foot. A Mech army would suffer few losses and easily route most of your anti-tank, which is short ranged. I'd look hard into going more Mech while keeping the Bike flavor, Termie flavor isn't so rewarding in terms of wins most of the time.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off to the prince of excess with ravenwing attack squads the attack bike and landspeeder are deployed at the same time as the rest of the unit but are individual one model units so they do operate independently of the regular bikes. I would suggest dropping the land speeder typhoon and getting an apothecary in your ravenwing squad and a couple of meltaguns. Also you should have some points left over for at least one rhino if not two if you downgrade your lascannon and maybe even your plasma cannon to missile launchers. Also you should have at least one chainfist in the deathwing squad with all powerfists/storm bolters. The reason you are having trouble with the armor heavy lists is you have a lot of stuff that can pop light armor and ap space marines but no meltas in your whole list except for one single attack bike running around by itself. Your other option is to completely scrap your six man ravenwing squad and go with two three man squads with attack bikes. Put a pair of meltaguns in the squad and a multi melta on the attack bike and you have two solid tank hunting units. Anyway just a couple of ideas for you bro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks a lot dude 5767, you abide!

And thank you Prince of Excess for your suggestions on improving mobility.

It's working much better since I dropped the land Speeders (except Sammael, those twin linked assault cannons and heavy bolters are meat grinders!)

New list:
    HQ

Belial
    Sammael (Land Speeder)

Troops

Tac Sq - 10 Marines, Power Weapon, Plasma Rifle, ML + Rhino
    Tac Sq - 10 Marines, Power Weapon, Plasma Rifle, ML + Rhino

5 Deathwing - Company Banner, Lightning Claws, Thunder Hammer, Apothecary
    5 Deathwing - Storm Bolters and Power Fists, Power Weapon, Chain Fist, Assault Cannon

Ravenwing Attack Sq. - 3 Bikes, 2 Meltaguns, 1 Attack Bike (MM)
    Ravenwing Attack Sq. - 3 Bikes, 2 Meltaguns, 1 Attack Bike (MM)

+ Reply to Thread