<2000 1st blood angel 1500 points army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st blood angel 1500 points army

So, i'm going for massive destruction!

Mephiston, Lord of death.............................................................250 points

5 Honor Guard (4 with thunder hammers and storm shields)...........315 points

5 Death Company (all with thunder hammers)...............................250 points

Lemartes, Guardian of the lost......................................................150 points

Death Company dreadnought(blood talons, heavy flamer)...............135 points

Everyone in a Stormraven Gunship ..............................................270 points
    (Xtra armor, typhoon missile launcher,side sponsons with hurricane bolters, lascannon)

Whirlwind(Xtra armor, dozer lade)...............................................110 points

Total...................................................................... ....................1480 points

Comments? suggestions?

Last edited by Norwegian_dwarf; May 5th, 2010 at 13:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

This list will destroy absolutely no one. Very little anti-tank, very few actual models and some bad ones (Honor Guard) and characters you don't really need. I'd take this back to the drawing board. Right now it's just very easy to table you. The vehicles are few and not well armored, the infantry is few and not well protected, etc.

Not trying to sound mean you could just have much more success with a new build, I don't want to critique you because I'd just be writing a new list with my opinions.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... Okay then. I thought the 3+ inv. save from the storm shields could protect my infantry, and that my stormraven with lascannons could take out tanks. But i will try again Thank you

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I think the big Glaring problem, other than the ones Price has mentioned, is.....how is everyone getting about? Who is going in the Storm Raven? The DC or the Honour Guard or Mephiston? they can't all go in there.

The Honour guard are fine....but they're 90pts more than a Terminator Assault squad. So why bother with the Honour Guard?

Why give the DC Thunder hammers? you're wasting one of their biggest rules - Furious Charge. Give them Power weapons instead. Re-rolling to hit and wound on the charge with WS5 Str5 Init5 Attacks will just make people, anyone, cry.

Storm Raven. The best load out for this fella is Twin M-melta and Twin Assault Cannons. It can deal with anything.

Lastly.........you have NO scoring units.. meaning the only way you can win 2 out of 3 missions is to kill every single enemy model. The stuff you have is nasty but doesn't have the numbers to take out an entire 1500pt army. All it takes is for 1 grot to remain alive and sit on an objective and you've lost.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; May 5th, 2010 at 13:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aaah.. Thank you My first warhammer army so
    I thought anyone could go in the stormraven. It said capacity 12 people and a dreadnought.
    Thank you for all the input, i will redo the entire thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I didn't mean to be so quick handed. 3++ saves are good but you have to few men. Simply shooting a lot of guns will make you fail saves, even if they're good ones. Or drowning you with bodies in assault, it's just weight of dice. The Stormraven can indeed kill a tank but it's AV12 and carrying deadly cargo, your opponent will probably make it a huge priority. That's why you need some backup to distract from it and also get the job done if it goes down.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

redone

Dante 250
    Sanguinary guard /w death masks, and one with infernus pistol 235
    5x assault squad /w 1 with infernus pistol, melta bombs 210
    9 DC all with power weapons 315
    Lemartes 150
    furioso dreadnought 125
    Stormraven /w extra armor, twin lascannon, twin multi-melta 215

Total 1500

so now everyone caan get on the map make 2 combat squads of the assault squad, then deep strike them in. Dante and the Sanguinary guard follows, then the stormraven carries the DC, lemartes, and the dreadnought in.

Still a problem with the scoring units?
    Last edited by Norwegian_dwarf; May 6th, 2010 at 03:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I don't think your understanding our criticisms. You have to many "super units". Your DC is almost 1/3 of your army and it can die to one Demolisher. Dante and Sanguinary Guard? To expensive, not fighty enough. It really got not at all better. You still have very little ranged anti-armor, no anti-horde and very little scoring.

BAs are VERY expensive points wise, you need to make everything count. DSing the army is random, you might come in piecemeal and get annihilated. DS is best used when you can absolutely count on having support, like Drop Pod armies or armies that rush forward and DS in reinforcements.

I think you should look around at some other lists and try to get a few ideas. You don't have to copy paste but some ideas will help.

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Dante 250
    Good, but a little pricey at these points.

Sanguinary guard /w death masks, and one with infernus pistol 235
    Justifies the taking of Dante. Gives you a scoring unit with a +2 armor save. The Death Masks are a waste of time, drop them. Seriously, they blow.

5x assault squad /w 1 with infernus pistol, melta bombs 210
    Did you mean 10x? The sergeant needs a CC upgrade.

9 DC all with power weapons 315
    ALL with power weapons?!? That's a little extreme. Consider taking only a few (3-4) and leaving the rest as is. One of the benefits of D-Co. in the new codex is that they're cheap when naked. Bank on it.

Lemartes 150
    Lemartes has a jump pack, the DC don't. Nothing serious but his biggest benefit is the Liturgies of Blood, not himself in this situation. Consider dropping him for a naked Chaplain.

furioso dreadnought 125
    Screams it's need for a drop pod when it doesn't have the Stormraven.

Stormraven /w extra armor, twin lascannon, twin multi-melta 215
    Good call for the lists focus.

Total 1500

If you drop what I recommended you can take a drop pod for the furioso, a power weapon for the Assault Sergeant, and a basic dreadnought to give you a bit more armor without really sacrificing anything. You can even put the basic dread in the pod to take advantage of the Multi-Melta.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Sorry dude I've got to go with Prince on this one. You're being distracted by all the shiney units like Dante and Sanguinary Guard. Also the Death Company do not need to be that big. 5 guys with Power Weapons is more than enough to handle anything you aim them at. 9 Guys is just a waste of points. Plus Lemartes comes with a Jump pack and the Company don't so swap Lemartes out for a normal Chaplin. It'll save you 50ptsLoose the Sanguinary Guard, Dante and drop the DC down to 5 men and swap Lemartes for a Reclusiarch (so you have an HQ) With the spare points flesh out your troops choices. Some assault squads would be a good place to start

+ Reply to Thread