Librarium Online Forums banner

A 500pt list of BA because I can ... I think.

<1000 
358 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SheBeast76 
#1 · (Edited)
Morning all :drink:

I'll be building a BA force, and my goal will be 2000pts. I prefer building in blocks of 250-500pts, and started with this small list ( the local GW events are just stupid sometimes ).

Any who, here is my list. Feel free to pick it apart and add suggestions/comments. I was thinking about a list of scouts, but without the Storm, hellfire rounds for the heavy bolter, and a HQ sharing the same traits as the scouts, I just wasn't too sure of the idea. Any suggestions/comments on this would also be welcomed.

HQ) reclusiarch = 130

T) tactical squad with additional 5 models, flamer, missile launcher, sergeant has a power weapon = 185

T) tactical squad with additional 5 models, flamer, missile launcher, sergeant has a power weapon = 185

Grand total of 500/500pts.

#2 ·
Chaplins are not that good in tac squads. In an assault marine or termie squad they are good but tac marines are not too great on the charge. Swap the HQ for a Librarian. If you expand further get a chaplin + assault unit then but not until over 1000 points.

#3 ·
Couldnt agree more, libby will do more.
Theres not much you can really do with the list at 500pts anyway. Maybe drop 5 marines and equipment in one of the squads for a vindi or dread. (unsure as to pts.)

The big changes come with the points hiking anyway. Unless your looking for a core that you expand around (how I tend to work when building forces upwards) I'd do that, otherwise its fine.

#5 ·
I'm not too keen on such a static force, even in small games. I might be inclined to free up some points by going to a Librarian HQ and maybe dropping a marine or two from one of the squads to mount one of them in a Drop Pod or Rhino. Maybe replacing that unit's flamer for a meltagun and giving the sarge an infernus pistol or hand flamer (can't remember if they can take these but I think they can) to make up for loss of the second Missile Launcher.

#6 ·
Ok, here is my second attempt at this list.

HQ) librarian = 100pts

T) tactical squad (5) with 4 additional marines, the sergeant has a combi-plasma = 164pts

T) assault squad (5), 1 with a flamer, and the sergeant has a power weapon = 120pts

HS) dreadnought with heavy flamer upgrade (storm bolter ) = 115pts

Grand total = 499/500pts

Thoughts?

Also, I'd like to know what powers I should take?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.