<2000 1500 BA/Flesh Tearers Casual - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

1500 BA/Flesh Tearers Casual

Havent played in few years and I'm looking to start building a new army. Picked up the new BA codex and it looks interesting but I like the Flesh Tearers color scheme and fluff better. I threw this list together for casual play and I was just hoping some of the more experienced Space Marine players could give me a little advice on it.

The librarian and priests go with the assault squads to get stuck in. The scouts are there to sit on objectives and try to cause trouble, and cause I like the look of the sniper models. All the squads can split into combat squads if needed. The vindicators look scary and nuke-ify anything they can.

Decided against death company at this low of a point value as a worthwhile/fun squad is like 400-500 points and isn't a scoring unit

Not sure on which powers to take for the Librarian, they all look like so much fun. Will probably vary depending on the opponent.

Librarian - 175
    epistolary
    jump pack

2 Sanguinary priests - 180
    jump packs
    2 power weapons

10 Assault marines - 240
    2 melta guns
    2 lightning claws for sergeant

10 Assault marines - 240
    2 melta guns
    2 lightning claws for sergeant

10 scouts w/ sniper rifles - 150
    missle launcher

10 scouts w/ sniper rifles - 150
    missle launcher

Vindicator - 180
    HK missle
    Seige Sheild
    Extra Armor

Vindicator - 180
    HK missle
    Seige Sheild
    Extra Armor

The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

Drop the HK and extra armour from the vindicators. Your priests have power weapons so assault squad leaders could use power fists.

I'm not keen on lots of scouts. 2x5man units can hold objectives and give them camo to increase the cover saves. try for another assault squad or a tac squad in rhino. ditch seige shield and epistolary upgrade if you have to.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The problem with librarians “getting stuck in” is that they’re not actually that tough in combat. Going for something with a bit more bite like a Reclusiarch would probably be a better choice. The Librarian has useful powers like Shield to keep your boys alive and Unleash Rage is handy to make the Assault Marines even nastier but they wont stand up to a fight themselves. Either way the Epistolary upgrade is rarely worth it so I wouldn’t bother with it even if you were to stick with the Libby.

I’m not so sure you need 20 Scouts. 10 would do you. Use the points to get another assault squad. 20 Assault Marines on their own will get swamped by hoards.

Ditch the gear on the Vindicators. Keep them bear and leave upgrades like Missiles, Armour and Shields at home. Loosing all those upgrades gets you 60pts to play with.

Loosing the Epistolary upgrade, the gear on the Vindicators gives you enough points to swap out a scout squad for another Assault squad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

Librarian - 125
    jump pack

3 Sanguinary Priests - 270
    jump packs
    3 power weapons

10 Assault marines - 240
    2 melta guns
    2 lightning claws

10 Assault marines - 240
    2 melta guns
    2 lightning claws

10 Assault marines - 235
    2 melta guns
    power fist

10 scouts w/ sniper rifles - 180
    missile launcher
    camo cloaks

Landspeeder w/ MM+HF - 70

Total points - 1500
    Last edited by Bugs_n_Orks; June 18th, 2010 at 15:43.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

was going to make a new post but i figured I'd just bump this one with some edits. I like the look of this list so far but I don't have any experience using Vindicators and was thinking of swapping them for either 2 Baals or 3 MM/HF speeders and more scouts. Any advice would be appreciated.

The list directly above is the one im talking about.

+ Reply to Thread