<2000 1500 Mech vets. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Mech vets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

1500 Mech vets.

This is the list that won on my poll; http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ch-hybrid.html

Although it was voted the best of the two lists, people pointed out that their were problems.

Except they only pointed out that they don't like chimelta squads with autocannons.

I would very much like to know what the other problems are with this list so I can make it better.

HQ
    CCS
    3x plasma
    Medi pack
    chimera

Troops
    Veteran squad
    3x melta
    autocannon
    Chimera

Veteran squad
    3x melta
    autocannon
    Chimera

Veteran squad
    3x flamer
    demolishions

Veteran squad
    3x flamer
    demolishions

Fast attack
    Vendetta
    Heavy bolters

Vendetta
    Heavy bolters

Heavy support
    LRBT

LR demolisher

2x hydra
    Flamer vets in Vendettas, 15 points spare(35 if I drop the autocannons.)

The only things I don't own are the hydras, would I be better with another LRBT(or demolisher) OR should I add another chimelta squad?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

CCS is better with 4 Plasma than a medic. Use the re-roll order whenever possible and they almost never backfire, speaking from personal experience.

HBs are awful on Vendettas, they shoot at completely different targets than Lascannons and they aren't defensive. Lose them.

Heavy Support looks okay, I'd consider doubling up on the Russ, either type. You're making target selection to easy on them. I assume they have HFs as that's best, hands down.

I've already stated my opinion on the Autocannons so not worth doing so again. I'm on the fence about Demolitions, they can really backfire with a bad scatter, even with BS4. It's a high risk, high reward move. I will say it's nice to have the added marine killing, I run Demo Charges myself but I do so in a SWS, much more expendable. Something to test for sure.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

I haven't played in a bit, so I haven't tested some of my units yet.

Medi pack will also help them keep alive(and I have the model for a medic but only 3x plasmas.)

Ive never used them with heavy bolters, but a lot of people have said there good... worth a try.

You mean putting LRs in a squadron? Never had any good experiences squadroning vehicles but I have got enough points left to upgrade the LRBT into a demolisher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

No not squadding the tanks, switching a LRBT to a Demolisher or visa versa, so both tanks are the same. It makes deciding what to shoot at harder for the other army.

Mixing S5 AP4 infantry guns with a skimmer designed to take out tanks makes no sense to me, I don't know why anyone would advocate it. If they were defensive, maybe but they aren't. In IG you have a blessing of riches, it's not needed to have every unit do every job, you can specialize and double or triple up.

Medics are subjective, I'd rather have the extra Plasma to kill a threat rather than being afraid of losing a guy. 4 Plasma has a great chance to destroy an MC, especially the new 'Nid ones. 3 is much less so, even with the re-roll order. Just my opinions.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

Very cheap heavy bolters on vendettas tho... same reason for them as the autocannons on the vets, just in case, if my vets loose their chimera at least they can still go sit in cover and send in a few bs4 autocannon shots, if the vendetta kills all of its targets it can zoom round and gun down heavy-medium infantry(at this point the heavy bolters aren't so useless.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I've played at least 20+ games with 3 vendettas, 3 of them, and I've never gunned down every target Lascannons are good for. Even if I did, I'd use it to snag objectives. So yes, if you're playing Annihilation and your opponent has barely any MCs/armor....go HBs?

Cheap doesn't always mean effective, especially on low armor, high priority targets. But since none of my advice seems to ring true I'll stop offering it, good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

You've given some good points, before this I hadn't though of the CCS giving them selves an order to re roll to stop them dying from plasma. Thanks

You can't expect me to change my list into your list just because you tell me to.

What I really wanted to know was whether or not(in your opinions) I should drop the hydras for another chimelta squad or a demolisher?

+ Reply to Thread