Revised 2000 pt IG list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised 2000 pt IG list

HQ-100
    CC-50
    CC-50
    Elites-300
    10 rats-100
    10 rats-100
    10 rats-100
    Troops-450
    Vets,Lc-90
    Vets,Lc-90
    Vets,Lc-90
    Vets,Lc-90
    Vets,Lc-90
    Fast Attack-420
    Vendetta,Hb's-140
    Vendetta,Hb's-140
    Vendetta,Hb's-140
    Heavy Support-735
    Russ BT,3X Hb's-170
    Russ BT,3X Hb's-170
    Russ BT,3X Hb's-170
    Griffon-75
    Griffon-75
    Griffon-75
    Tottal-2005
    I know i should have special weapons and so on with the vets and that snipers arnt considerded the best but the way i have it set yp i think everyone is gonna play their part well, 14 Lc's for anti tank 9 of em twin linked, and 15 Hvy bolters plus 6 pies and 30 snipers to make troops think twice before marchin against the guard. i feel this list is a pretty great all comers list but i would love to know what u think.

Thoughts,Comments,Concerns

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well apart from the issues presented in the replies of you original list, one of my concerns would be that you are dependant on line of sight for your troops to do their best but at the same time you need the cover to keep your vets safe.

Deepstrikers would likely murder you and any squadroned vehicles would die fast.

Who's goingto take the objectives? You veterans won't be shooting their Lascannon if they move and won't be taking objectives if they don't.

Also you are 5 points over, I'd suggst removing a Ratling.

Are you Vendettas Starting in reserve? If so I'd suggest removing even more Ratlings to take an Astropath so you can get them on the table when you want to, also an Officer of the Fleet would be nice to keep enemy reserves away as long as possible.

While I do respect that you don't want to go mechanized I do agree with others who have said that you should bring platoons for this lineup instead of Veterans as they can bring many more heavy weapons along than your vets.

Also Loose some of the Ratlings and consider a 5 man Stormtrooper squad instead or even Marbo, they are a more potent distraction for the enemy than the Ratlings (I like them too (minis) but not 30 of them).

Finally, wrong forum, mod should move this tread.
    Last edited by Darth Bobo; May 10th, 2010 at 09:30. Reason: final comment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*punted to the army-list section*

Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Thanks again Rabbit

lets see. The company commands are okay bare but I would say its one of the best places to put cheap specials or one heavy. as long as your not spending too much on them.

30 ratlings is disgustingly effective. but its a lot of models to fit into terrain dotted about the place. unless you play on large boards with big terrain pieces and large line of sight. Hiding these guys somewhere effective wont happen often if you have a full 30.
    Marbo or storms, like bobo said might be more effective. Or just drop the unit and utilise the pts. elsewhere

If those are two squads of 3 tanks then change it. In a squad imobolised results count as destroyed, meaning you lose a lot of survivability with Russ' and the griffons ain't tough enough to lose anything.

Infantry platoons would bring more fire to bear in this sort of army. If you dropped 1 company command you could fit in a full extra unit for the cost.

The heavy is your main area for re-thought.
    Its a good list. 3 of everything is incredibly hard to take. Griffons pack a big punch, my mate refuses to use them anymore though due to lack of infernus shells.

Nothing huge wrong, playtest it a couple of times and see what you think about the ratlings and griffons after that though.
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

how many times have you posted this list? yet you haven't changed anything... noticeable.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ok then.......

HQ:
    Naked HQ's aren't worth it. You're wasting your BS4 here so consider some guns! 4 G-Launchers are useful for templates and anti transport power whilst Blast is great against hoards.

ELITES:
    Sniper Rifles just aren't useful, against anything really. You'd be better off spending the points on something else. Some suicide Storm Troopers with Melta guns can be useful to slow or stop armour before they're near your lines. Marbo for the same reason.

TROOPS:
    Platoons would serve you better here. Combined infantry Platoons with Lascannons are just as good as Vets with Bring it down and Combining them means you get more Twin linked shots for your orders. Plus you get more bodies which means you'll survive longer.
    Autocannons also work out better against everything AV12 and down so if these guys are going for transports i'd condier swapping the weapons and saving yourself some points.

On another note you've got no mobile units. Even gunlines need to move. You need to go capture objectives and at the moment you've got no one to do that for you. Change some of the Vets weapons to some close quarter weaons and load them into the Vendettas. Or better yet get a platoon and load up a PCS with special weapons to give you some mobile objective grabbers.

HEAVY:
    So who's going into squadrons then? Russ in squadrons are pretty much wasted. I'd consider some other varients. Eradicators for taking out entrenched infantry. Demolishers for taking down guys with 2+Saves.

Griffons are fine but you only need 2 in a squadron. 3 is hard to hide in cover and is one big juicy target for some drop podding/Deep Striking Melta weapons.

OVERALL:
    I just think you're going to be bored playing this list. There's no movement and all you're doing, for the whole game, is reacting to the opponent. You're not 'doing' anything with this list but rolling dice and thats a very boring way to play for you and for your opponent.
    Othr than that the units you've taken, like ratlings and Vets, there are better units for doing their job.

+ Reply to Thread