<2000 1750pts unconventional - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750pts unconventional

Hey guys, first army list in a pretty long time, hope I still have it in.

CCS
    -astropath and lascannon
    -chimera ML/HF

Veterans
    -3plasma
    -lascannon
    -ML/HF

Veterans
    -3plasma
    -lascannon
    -ML/HF

Veterans
    -3 melta
    -rest shotguns
    (in vendetta)

Veterans
    -grenadiers
    -3 plasma

Infantry platoon
    -pcs - ac + gl
    -infantry sqaud - ac + gl
    -infantry sqaud - ml + gl

Colossus

Vendetta Gunship

Sentinel - ML

Vanquisher - pask, lascannon (yes, I know)

Marbo

Tactical doctrine:
    -I have a lot of bodies on the field, the infantry platoon can provide support all across my side of the table to form firebases in cover, forming a solid line to hold.

- the ccs and veterans in chimeras ARE NOT typical chimeltas or the like, they are not trying to be. The chimeras are pillboxes given the lack of cover for such a large army, and will not move apart from say a last couple of turns jab towards an objective, or to move forward and roast some infantry whilst depositing the infantry in available cover. Even if they blow up, the wreckage gives good cover, and they are cheap enough to do so.

- The other veterans, the ones in the vendetta, sit back with the vendetta which is sniping at enemy armor, and awaits a good opportunity to strike, or more likely, the vendetta will outflank, deposit veterans, then zip back to my lines to snipe. The grenadiers are mostly to use the cool storm trooper models, and they act primarily as a unit that can be used to react to deep strikers, arriving in reserve on foot wherever my battle line needs it.

-The vehicles are chosen to provide less obvious targets. The vanquisher will deploy with a very narrow field of fire, that enemy vehicles will pass through, whilst for the large part it remains unseen, or out of range of enemy reprisals. The sentinel's role is similar to the stormtroopers role. The colossus deploys in cover and blows things up.

-marbo, is marbo. Nuff said.

C&C?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

i dont think the ML's are necessary, change them to AC's instead and find somewhere to shake points off to add a commissar to the entire group or it'll just walk off the board. otherwise, i like it, though i dont think the CCS is very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator100 View Post
    Hey guys, first army list in a pretty long time, hope I still have it in.

CCS
    -astropath and lascannon
    -chimera ML/HF
    Yeah fine. If you are going with a gunline, consider taking a vanilla CCS as a 2nd HQ choice for more shots (First rank fire, second rank...)
    Veterans
    -3plasma
    -lascannon
    -ML/HF
    Yeah, a good unit

Veterans
    -3plasma
    -lascannon
    -ML/HF
    see above

Veterans
    -3 melta
    -rest shotguns
    (in vendetta)
    Are you planning on assaulting with these as well, or just firing? If just firing, I would question the use of shotguns as lasguns get 2 shots at 12" but also can shoot 24". If you are going to shoot then assault, consider taking a flamer (in the event of cover) and a power weapon

Veterans
    -grenadiers
    -3 plasma
    I would question using grenadiers here, drop if you need extra points

Infantry platoon
    -pcs - ac + gl
    All fine and good. Consider dropping the Lascannons on the Vets and possibly the heavy weapons on the inf squads. giving it to a heavy weapons squad, this way you can be slightly more mobile if you need to be without having to sacrifice firepower.

Colossus
    I myself am more a fan of Medusa launchers, but that is just personal taste

Vendetta Gunship
    Take 2 of these, this will get shot to hell on turn one

Sentinel - ML
    Not bad, possibly drop to make points for 2nd vendetta

Vanquisher - pask, lascannon (yes, I know)
    This needs to be cut down mate, too many points in one tank

Marbo
    Woo marbo

Tactical doctrine:
    -I have a lot of bodies on the field, the infantry platoon can provide support all across my side of the table to form firebases in cover, forming a solid line to hold.

- the ccs and veterans in chimeras ARE NOT typical chimeltas or the like, they are not trying to be. The chimeras are pillboxes given the lack of cover for such a large army, and will not move apart from say a last couple of turns jab towards an objective, or to move forward and roast some infantry whilst depositing the infantry in available cover. Even if they blow up, the wreckage gives good cover, and they are cheap enough to do so.

- The other veterans, the ones in the vendetta, sit back with the vendetta which is sniping at enemy armor, and awaits a good opportunity to strike, or more likely, the vendetta will outflank, deposit veterans, then zip back to my lines to snipe. The grenadiers are mostly to use the cool storm trooper models, and they act primarily as a unit that can be used to react to deep strikers, arriving in reserve on foot wherever my battle line needs it.

-The vehicles are chosen to provide less obvious targets. The vanquisher will deploy with a very narrow field of fire, that enemy vehicles will pass through, whilst for the large part it remains unseen, or out of range of enemy reprisals. The sentinel's role is similar to the stormtroopers role. The colossus deploys in cover and blows things up.

-marbo, is marbo. Nuff said.

C&C?
    Overall seems a good list. It just needs tweeking. I don't see lots of anti MEQ which you will probably need as so many people play marines, chaos or (to a lesser extent) necrons. Plasma fire also has the added bonus of being able to take down light tanks of eldar and monsterous creatures of the tyrannids, so perhaps try and get more of that in.

Hope I helped and best of luck!!!
    If a dryad trips over alone in the woods, does it make a sound? - Bretonian proverb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent replies! Thank you for the advice kind sirs! *rep* wait... where is the rep button? *searches for it* Hmm, I agree with you definitely about the missile launcher issue, but I do not have any more auto cannons at the moment, so I will phase them out when I can. I also agree that the vanquisher, sentinel, and grenadiers can be taken out of the list for more points, possibly a second vendetta. I have had good luck with the vanuqisher though, so I guess I am just taking it as a fad. The shotguns are taken on the assumption that they will always be moving (dropped first turn or second turn by vendetta) plus they have the 'cool' factor of converted shotguns.

I'm not too fond on dropping the lascannons on the veterans, as the way I use them is as a line squad with good weapons and BS in a pillbox that can move if necessary. Lascannons allow me to reach out and touch opponents before they get into plasma range. @ Anti meq, don't I have enough? I count decent amounts of plasma, lascannons, and a colossus. Also, I have the 'volume of shots' advantage, forcing many armor saves, they will fail some.

I might however, take off the sentinel, shave the vanquisher to a cheaper variant that still has long range, and buy a chimera for the grenadier squad, taking out the grenadiers doctrine, and adding a lascannon to make another of the other style of veteran squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post
    Last edited by Imperator100; May 11th, 2010 at 04:34.

+ Reply to Thread