<2000 1750 Deep striking terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Deep striking terminators

Hi,
    I'm trying to turn my marines into a playable army. Since I already have a few terminators I've decided to build my army around them.

Chaplain - Terminator armour, combi-melta: 135

5 Terminators - heavy flamer, 1 chainfist: 210

10 Marines - lascannon, melta, teleport homer: 200
    10 Scouts - 9 bolters, missile launcher, teleport homer: 165
    10 Scouts - 5 bolters, missile launcher, 4 snipers, teleport homer: 165

Razorback - TL heavy bolter, storm bolter: 50
    Land raider - extra armour, multimelta: 275
    Predator - lascannon sponsons: 120

Total: 1740

The idea here is that with 3 teleport homers the terminators will be able to arrive exactly where they are needed the most.

The marines and the first scout squad deploy to the front/infiltrate and try to survive until the terminators arrive.
    The second scout squad splits up, the snipers +missile hang back and the rest rides in the land raider (with the teleport homer). I now have an AV14 scoring vehicle that can call in termies :).
    All terminators deep strike. Thanks to the teleport homers they can deploy right in front of the enemy and flame them.

I think it will do great against armies that have no choice but to assault (Orks, Nids,..), but not very good against static gunlines (IG, Tau, ..).
    What do you guys think? Any advice is welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I would look at different variants of terminator, some assault termies could go a long way and cause real fear in your opponents on landing.

Look into getting a Land speeder storm, this would give you a super-mobile transport to get your scouts and their locator beacon out where you need it, when you need it.

I wouldn't bother adding a storm bolter to your razorback, or extra armor to the land raider. Keep your transports cheap, they have plenty of weaponry and armor as is.

A missile launcher on your tactical squad would give you more...well...tactical options. Also it would save you a good chunk of points towards that landspeeder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its a Terminator haevy list you are after, why not use the Dark Angels Codex and play as Deathwing?

If not, as Alzer says, consider changing a Terminator Squad for an Assault Terminator Squad and stick the Chaplain to them.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at the Dark Angels codex, but my local club doesn't allow special characters and without Belial it seems pointless. Deep striking on turn 1 is still nice, but I find them lacking in other areas. No scoring units with teleport homers for example. I would have to take 2 or 3 ravenwing squadrons for the same effect and still have to spend points on scoring units.

I'll change one of the terminator squads to assault. I think I can skim off enough points for a land speeder storm, I'm just worried an AV10 open topped vehicle might not survive long enough.

Some questions about the teleport homer:
    Does the land speeder storm's jamming beacon jam my own homers?
    Can an enemy unit use my beacons? The codex doesn't say it has to be a friendly unit.
    Can a librarian use the homer or a locater beacon for his psychic power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

On the Speeder, look for cover, and use its speed as protection.

As for your questions
    1. No it does not, this only effects enemy deepstrikes.
    2. No they can not.
    3. Yes he can.

With the Land Raider, you don't really need to teleport ALL of your terminator squads. You could hold one on the table to be transported.

+ Reply to Thread