<2000 1500pt Competitive Mech Guard With Infantry Support - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

1500pt Competitive Mech Guard With Infantry Support

I'm already working on 1500pt Mech Guard List at the moment which I'm very happy with.
    However I wanted to try out a different combo this time with some infantry support and get it all sorted before the upcoming price rise?

HQ
    90 – Command Squad: 4 Meltaguns
    55 – Chimera: Heavy Flamer.

TROOPS
    100 – Veteran Squad: 3 Meltaguns

-- INFANTRY PLATOON --
    50 – Infantry Command Squad: 4 Flamers
    (These 4 units form the ground offensive)

90 – Infantry Squad with Commissar: Autocannon
    60 – Infantry Squad: Autocannon
    60 – Infantry Squad: Autocannon
    (These 3 units will sit on objectives the back of the field and merge together in annihilation missions, and capture and control depending on the situation.)

FAST ATTACK
    130 – Vendetta
    (Standard tank hunting but in the last turns he’ll pick up a scoring unit and head towards an objective)

130 – Banewolf: Heavy Flamer
    (support the chimeras)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    150 – 2 Hydras

160 – Manticore: Heavy Flamer

160 – Manticore: Heavy Flamer
    (A good mix of superior firepower)

TOTAL PTS: 1500
    TOTAL NO: 61 (9)
    KILL PTS: 14

As always I'm very grateful to all feedback provided?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Looks good. I see units I wouldn't use but not units that are bad.I have no luck with Manticores so I just stay away from them but if they work for you, that must be fun. ;]

It might be a good idea to start a unit in your Vendetta. You lose a little ground support but being able to drop Meltas into a tanks back armor, than shoot ANOTHER tanks back armor with the Vendetta has won me a lot of games. It's not a must but something you may want to try.

Everything else looks fine, very standard. It would be nice for the Commissar to have a Power Weapon or something but not a big deal. Should perform very well for you, I have an army somewhat like this and it does not disappoint.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I have to agree but remember you can only start in a transport if its dedicated.

I have to say I like this list. A lot. It has a commissar, which is cool. It has heavy fire, it has numbers, it has a lot of objective holders. overall I'd say its really good.

I'm guessing the 2 Hydras are there for anti-transport. I'd be tempted to take a Russ though. I use a Hydra but dont know how 2 work. Russ is heavier armor, is St8 so can still hurt transports but also has the added bonus of being the bane of all MEQ's
    I do love Hydras though. Your call.

I also like how balanced this is with units going forward and staying back.
    Loving the 2 Manticores as well But is it not the same price to give them a heavy bolter? I'd say thats more worth it. Unless your going for the hull heavy bolter theme.

Good luck with this list
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Castellan Green View Post
    I have to agree but remember you can only start in a transport if its dedicated.
    Where is this written? A dedicated transport may only start with the unit bought FOR IT inside it. A Vendetta is not a dedicated transport, so any unit can start inside it.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye Prince is right.

Anyway. The only thing that doesn't really sit well with me is the PCS. You've got plenty of anti-hoard stuff with the Manticores, the Bane Wolf and the Flamers on the Chimeras so I just don't see the need for the 4 Flamer PCS.

Maybe re-think this unit. Either have it sit back and issue order to the Infantry Blobb and give support fire with an Autocannon or just swap out the weaponry to 4 GLaunchers which can do anti-hoard or some light vehicle killing. Four Assault 24" str6 weapons can catch alot of people out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Anyway. The only thing that doesn't really sit well with me is the PCS. You've got plenty of anti-hoard stuff with the Manticores, the Bane Wolf and the Flamers on the Chimeras so I just don't see the need for the 4 Flamer PCS.
    I know that but remember it's not just anti-horde they've only got BS3 and 4 flamers on a marine squad will get in at least 12 hits compared to the 4 i'd get from regular shooting.

Anyway here's another list I'm after feedback on...
    “Roll In The Tanks”
    HQ
    80 – Command Squad:
    3 Meltaguns

TROOPS
    100 – Veteran Squad:
    3 Meltaguns

-- INFANTRY PLATOON --
    50 – Infantry Command Squad:
    4 Flamers
    (Again these units are on the offensive supported by the Hellhound and the Banewolf, I’ll most likely split them up into two groups and try the good old pincher move)

100 – Infantry Squad: Lascannon & Commissar

70 – Infantry Squad: Lascannon
    (I couldn’t afford 3 squad but the tactics are pretty much the same)

- FAST ATTACK
    130 – Banewolf

130 – Hellhound

130 – Valkyrie:
    Multiple Rocket Pods
    (a nice selection of templates, I’ll use the Valkyrie to rescue scoring units/kill pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    180 – Leman Russ Demolisher:
    Lascannon

180 – Leman Russ Demolisher: Lascannon
    (A good threating duo that will draw fire away from the others. Unlike the other two lists everything with the exception of the infantry squads will be moving around constantly)

TOTAL PTS: 1470
    TOTAL NO: 50 (9)
    KILL PTS: 14

(Got 30pts left to spend, should I go for a officer of the fleet or extra armour for both the hellhound and banewolf?)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Proiteus View Post
    I know that but remember it's not just anti-horde they've only got BS3 and 4 flamers on a marine squad will get in at least 12 hits compared to the 4 i'd get from regular shooting.
    True but they'll only get that one shot. Then they'll get toasted themselves. With G-Launchers they can plink away from 24 inches away which is a nice safe distance. Plus they have the added bonus of being able to hurt skimmers etc. Either way, they both hold their merrits and it's not exactly a big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    A dedicated transport may only start with the unit bought FOR IT inside it.
    That completely changes the way I play games...

Repped dear sir. I tip my cap to thee

On the list, I do agree with Borak on the PCS sitting back, but I often feel when watching people run guard armies up that there are no orders going to the front units. Which is where having that unit forward would come in handy. I use all GL's in my commands but I get the need/want for flamers so dont really see a big problem with it.

But I do kneel to the point there are so many flamers it is a tad overkill.

I prefer the Vendetta.

Why the overhaul of the Heavy Support? Meh, this still works. I like the fact now you have a lot of armor rolling forward that includes heavy armor, rather than a shield wall of armor 12.

It doesnt look right at the moment. Like the balance of forward going and back sitting units is gone.
    If you can grab more points I'd rather see the extra unit at the back. I prefered the Autocannons in the line squads with the extra one there.

If it were me I'd make the Valkyrie a Vendetta, give it heavy bolters maybe, make the infantry squads autocannons instead of Lascannons, extra unit at the back, even if its a bare one...no one will shoot at the bare unit...

Just noticed the extra hellhound. I like this.
    Looking good anyway
    "I have dug my grave in this place and I will either triumph or I will die!" Reclusiarch Grimaldus

"Those I cannot crush with words I will crush with the Tanks of the Imperial Guard!" Lord Solar Macharius

"Hear Me Inquisitor Ordinary. Obey me. I am of the Malleus!" Inquisitor Jaq Draco

+ Reply to Thread