<2000 1850 Seeking Opinions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Seeking Opinions

Hey guys,

here is a new list I'm thinking of running any comments will be greatly appreciated

HQ

Kor'sarro Khan
    +Moondrakkan

Command Squad
    +Bikes
    +4 Veterans, PowerWeapons and Storm Shields
    +1 Apothacary

Space Marine Captain
    +Bike
    +Relic Blade
    +Stormshield
    +Artificer Armor

Command Squad
    +Bikes
    +4 Veterans, PowerWeapons and Storm Shields
    +1 Apothacary

Troops

6 man Space Marine Bike Squad
    +1 Sgt Power Weapon
    +2 Melta Gun Bikers
    +3 Regular Bikers

+1 Sgt Power Weapon
    +2 Melta Gun Bikers
    +3 Regular Bikers

+1 Sgt Power Weapon
    +2 Melta Gun Bikers
    +3 Regular Bikers

+1 Sgt Power Weapon
    +2 Melta Gun Bikers
    +3 Regular Bikers

1750 Ash Wolves (Ex-Traitor Marines) W/L/D 9/0/1
    1750 Bad Moons (Orks) W/L/D 15/3/2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

You don't have enough Troop Bikes. Your Command Squads are shiny and fighty but way to expensive, I'd go with one at the most, zero would be preferable but people love Command Squads all of a sudden.

Khan is not that great in a Bike list. He's really expensive and your Captain is better in CC. The ability to Outflank isn't as big as you think because your army is so small. If you Outflank everything, your opponent will avoid the sides, shoot when you Boost one and wear you down. If you Outflank some, your army is small and what starts on the table gets focus fired down. If you Outflank nothing, what did you take him for?

Also, why not attach Attack Bikes to your Bike units? They're very good at complimenting your shooting. I'd also use PFs over Weapons on the Sarges, gives you even more armor hate and let's you kill an MC/IC if you had too.

You're also weak to hordes, there's no Flamers or templates in here, just assault which won't work against Orks and 'Nids, or even Guard. I'd cut down on some of the flashy units and pick up some things you need.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Agree.

Attack bikes are amazing, esp. they cost less and perform better than two bikes.
    I use plasma guns in my command squad, the FNP gives extra protection againts getshot and plasmaguns are nice, killy
    A champion also better than a normal "veteran" with pw. Storm shields are really nice but even the 3+ inv won`t save You againts the loads of shooty punishment that You`ll face... You don`t really have bodies in Your list. How many? 36 models at 1850 pts? And that loads of pw`s are huge waste of points againts many opponents.
    I use a captain and a command squad (which is waste of points but I love FNP), and that squad costs the same as TWO bike squads... so, Your HQ is about 1000 pts?
    Also mentioned, PF better than PW, it gives You extra anti-armour after the melta-shots.

If I were Red Archer, I would say: You need Landspeeder typhoons! Because You don`t really have long range fire. Bikes are not that good in assault. Drop Khan, + command squad, get typhoons, attack bikes and more bike squads. For an only bike army, 2 m-melta attack bike squad of two and 1 HB attack bike squad of three recommended.
    A bike squad should be like:
    4-5 bikes, serg (with or without) pf, 2*melta + 1 m-melta attack bike
    4-5 bikes, serg (with or without) pw, 2*flamer + 1 h-bolter attack bike

take a look: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...alm-speed.html

+ Reply to Thread