<2000 2000pts Guard with Lotsa str 10 Pie Plates - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Guard with Lotsa str 10 Pie Plates

So I just got my enclosed Medusa's from forge world and thought about making a list heavy with Str 10 templates. So here goes.

HQ

180pts CCS w/ x3 Plasma Guns, Medic
    Chimera w/ ML, HF

Troops

100pts PCS w/ x3 Flamers
    Chimera w/ ML, HF

115pts Infantry Squad #1 w/ Autocannon
    Chimera w/ ML, HB

115pts Infantry Squad #2 w/ Autocannon
    Chimera w/ ML, HB

65pts SWS w/ x3 Meltaguns

65pts SWS w/ x2 Flamers, Demo Charge

155pts Veterans w/ x3 Meltaguns
    Chimera w/ ML, HF

155pts Veterans w/ x3 Meltaguns
    Chimera w/ ML, HF

Fast Attack

130pts Vendetta

130pts Valkryie

Heavy Support

330pts x2 Demolishers w/ HF

300pts x2 Medusa w/ HB, ECC

160pts Manticore w/ HF

2000pts

Pretty straight forward list, SWS w/ meltaguns run in the Valkryie and the SWS w/ Flamers,demo charge run in the Vendetta. That way both can handle all comers. First turn has a lot of nasty potential depending on scatter rolls of course. But it looks like something fun to try out. I have invested a lot of points in my heavies, but I think I don't sacrifice to much anywhere else. Troops are still heavy and 6 chimeras for more armored targets isn't to shabby either.
    Any comments, questions or ideas are always welcome. My play group is fairly competitive with a large variety of armies out there. I think my list is fairly well rounded and can take on all comers.

Thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting

I'd exchange the Valkyrie for another Vendetta, with all the S10 pie-plates another Vendetta could be much more useful than the lone Valkyrie. And maybe, just maybe consider dropping one Demolisher for an extra Chimelta, even if all the S10 Pies are charming indeed. Ofcause it's all a matter of taste.

Oh, and I hope you have the models already, otherwise that is going to get expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input. Right now my heavies I own consist of
    x2 Hydras
    x2 demolishers
    x2 manticores
    x2 medusas

I have become a bit of a junkie when it comes to forge world and tanks. I think I have a problem lol.

Now I love my vendetta but I have come to like the mix of the Vend and a Valk. I see some lists with 2 vendettas and some with 2 valkyries. I have tried both and usually enjoy the 1 and 1. Gives me more options, just my opinion.
    One thing with 2 demolishers, I think they will take the heat off the Medusas. Which in my opinion are the greater threat due to there better range. But I was thinking about the same thing, dropping 1 demolisher for another chimelta. But I think I will try it first with the 2 just for a bit of fear factor in my first 1 or 2 games hehe. Then see how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread