<2000 Deathwing Noob In Need of help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deathwing Noob In Need of help

Hi.
    So I have for quite some time now been thinking of starting a Deathwing army.
    I dont expect to be competettive with this list, its more for the fun and the fluff.
    So far I've come up with 3 different lists that I would like your opinion on.

List 1 (pure terminators).
    HQ.
    Belial, powersword, storm bolter.
    Librarian, terminator armour.

Troops.
    5 terminators, 3 with power fist/storm bolter, 1 with chain fist/storm bolter/cyclone, sergent with power sword/storm bolter, apothecary.
    5 terminators, 3 with power fist/storm bolter, 1 with chain fist/storm bolter/cyclone, sergent with power sword/storm bolter.
    5 terminators, 3 with power fist/storm bolter, 1 with chain fist/storm bolter/cyclone, sergent with power sword/storm bolter.
    5 terminators, 3 with power fist/storm bolter, 1 with chain fist/storm bolter, sergent with power sword/storm bolter.

List 2 (balanced).
    HQ.
    Belial, powersword, storm bolter.
    Librarian, terminator armour.

Troops.
    5 terminators, 3 with power fist/stormbolter, 1 with assault cannon/chainfist, sergent with power sword/storm bolter, apothecary.
    5 terminators, 3 with power fist/stormbolter, 1 with assault cannon/chainfist, sergent with power sword/storm bolter.
    5 terminators, 3 with power fist/stormbolter, 1 with assault cannon/chainfist, sergent with power sword/storm bolter.
    5 man tac squad in razorback with twin lascannon/extra armour.
    5 man tac squad in razorback with twin lascannon/extra armour.

Fast.
    Landspeeder with multimelta/h. flamer.

List 3 "the shoe box of death"
    HQ.
    Belial, dual claws.
    Interrogator-chaplain in terminator armour

Troops
    5 terminators all with dual claws, apothecary, deathwing banner.
    5 terminators, 3 with power fist/storm bolter, 1 with chain fist/h. flamer sergent with power sword/storm bolter.

Heavy.
    1 Landraider Crusader - Belial, the chaplain and lightning claw terminators will go in here.
    This unit puts out 31 attacks that re-roll to hit and wound with no armour save + 6 re-roll to hit attacks from the chaplain.

I think all the lists keep well within the fluff of the deathwing.
    Looking at both playability and fun factor, which of the lists would you guys prefer to play with?

Thanks.

Last edited by wack-tapaz; May 21st, 2010 at 19:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the first list you have no Assault Terms, Land Raiders, Assault Cannons or Heavy Flamers.

Now, the second and third lists. Are you looking for pure Deathwing or elements of Deathwing alongside others? If pure, drop the non-Term units and add a Raider, 2 if possible.

The third list you need at least one Thunder Hammer in the Assault Squad to deal with vehicles.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply!

Still wondering whcich list do you think would be the most fun/best?
    And also im a little torn between the librarian and the chaplain - the chaplain offers a great boost in close combat with the latanies of hate, but the librarian has a psychic hood with unlimited range, and he also has the force barrier power, which I actually think is quite usefull in an army with such a low model count...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go the 3rd list with a Librarian as psychic powers are becoming more prevelant.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

+ Reply to Thread