<3000 2500 for HardBoyz Semi-Finals - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

2500 for HardBoyz Semi-Finals

HQ:
    Company Command Squad - 4x plasma guns, plasma pistol, JTAC* (counts as Astropath) 150
    Chimera - hull heavy flamer 55

Troops:
    Veteran Squad - 3x melta guns 100

Infantry Platoon
    Command Squad - 4x flamers 50
    Special Weapons Squad - 2x flamers, demolition charge 65
    Special Weapons Squad - 2x flamers, demolition charge 65

Infantry Squad - autocannon, grenade launcher 65
    Infantry Squad - autocannon, grenade launcher 65

Fast Attack:
    Vendetta - heavy bolters 140

Heavy Support:
    Hydra Squadron (3) - hull heavy bolters 225
    Demolisher Squadron (2) - hull lascannons 360
    Demolisher Squadron (2) - hull lascannons 360

Total: 2500

*JTAC - This stands for Joint Terminal Attack Controller. This is the soldier that U.S. ground forces use to communicate with close air support, coordinating air strikes from A-10 Thunderbolts and such. I don't like the idea of a guy with psychic powers helping my Vendetta gunships outflank, so I use a model with communications equipment (vox) instead and call him my JTAC. It's more realistic!

I am curious if you all would consider this a "leafblower" list? I had a practice game last weekend with a random fellow and before we started the game, he said "Ugh, I suck at fighting leafblowers." I did not think my list would be classified as such. To my knowledge, the original Leafblower was a mechanized infantry platoon gunline that sat still and blasted away, with manticores, hydras, and medusas. My list takes Demolishers instead of those artillery pieces, which advance into the enemy's face alongside several mechanized vet squads, with triple astropath-assisted vendettas outflanking (hopefully) together to deposit their special weapon squads and cause devastating damage. The Hydras and CCS sit near a home objective, bubble wrapped by the combined infantry squad who will claim said objective. Not only are most of my unit choices different, the army as a whole plays differently. The only thing that I would say is similar to the Leafblower is the amount of firepower it can unleash. Is that alone enough to classify it as one?

Last edited by slobulous; May 27th, 2010 at 02:48.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

This isn't anything close to a leafblower. People toss that term around now like it's every IG army. The Leafblower list was more firepower than any army in the game could deal with, backed with a Psychic Hood, Mystics and a Tarot to go first.

It looks fine, I'm not partial to a lot of what you have but it has a lot of firepower and good movement.

Also, bear in mind your army is filled with lasers, heat beams, man portable plasma generators and super tanks before saying you don't like the realism of an Astropath. ;]
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread