<1000 1,000 pt. Competitive List (minor adjustments) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1,000 pt. Competitive List (minor adjustments)

1,000 pt. Imperial Guard List - TheoryCraft

HQ - CCS Plasma Squad of Doom (CCS, 4 Plasma Guns, Chimera) - 165 pt.

Troop - Chimelta Squad (Veterans w/ 3 Meltas, Chimera) - 155 pt.
    Troop - Chimelta Squad (Veterans w/ 3 Meltas, Chimera) - 155 pt.
    Troop - PCS w/ AC, GL + 2x Infantry Squads /w AC, GL - 175 pt.

Heavy Support - Leman Russ Battle Tank w/ Heavy Bolter Sponsons - 170 pt.
    Heavy Support - Leman Russ Demolisher w/ Lascannon Hull - 180 pt.

Currently, I actually run 1 less Plasma Gun and toss in a Medic (losing the 3 GL's). But I recently decided to ditch the Medic and pick up the 4th Plasma Gunner and 3 Grenade Launchers for my Infantry blobs.

I play against all heavy assault armies, although I want to keep the list relatively balanced. I don't feel like min-maxing with Valkyries, so don't be like "Zomg!one1! ned valrkeryes!one!" etc. But of course I like to hear comments.

/tc/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, its a good list, only thing is you have an aggressive guard units, (melta vets, plasma ccs. demolisher) by that i mean units that are actively pushing forward to attack. As well as gun line units (PCS w/ AC, GL + 2x Infantry Squads /w AC, GL, and to some extent your russ battle tank). my personal preference is either all out attack, chucking in maybe a hell hound or two, or go gun line.

aside from my that i use to run pretty much this exact same list, did quite well. i just found the PCS w/ AC, GL + 2x Infantry Squads /w AC, GL, didnt kill enough for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Good apart from the sponsons and hull weapons, they should all be Heavy flamers really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a good solid list, using the even-popular chimeltas. I'm sure the platoon would be useful for holding down home objectives while your mech squads move up with support from the demolisher. Most people seem to think that the medic is not worth the points, so ditching him is a decent choice in smaller games. And yes, many would advise you to keep the hull weapons heavy flamers and leave sponsoons off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

I know I'm just echoing other posts, but ditch the sponsons, and use those points somewhere else, otherwise your list is very solid. At 1000 points, you've got 5 scoring units, two AV14 tanks, a S10 AP2 shot, and 4 plasma rifles. No real weakness here. Solid list. If you drop the sponsons and las-cannon, you might be able to get Demolitions on your Vets.

+ Reply to Thread