Amoured Cav army list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amoured Cav army list?

This idea has just poped into my head while i have been reading Gaunts ghosts - Honor Gaurd. Just thinking the Pardus are cool and all, like the names of the tanks "Say your prayers". It would obiously be very pricey a bloody tank army list. I think this will be my long term project. Is it worth it though? I mean only against some armys? Cos i would of thought a tank army would have alot of problems with horde arms like nids and orks? If anybody has a tank army could you please comment, and tell me the pros and cons. Tactics would be nice as well.

So heres my List idea

3 Squadrons of 3 Leman russ's -

Squadron 1
    x3 Leman russ battle tank
    with Lascannon's, Heavy bolter sponsors, Extra armour - 450pts

Squadron 2
    x2 Leman russ Vanquisher
    with Lascannon's, Heavy bolter sponsors - 535pts
    x1 Leman russ Executioner
    with Lascannon, Extra armour, Storm bolter - 230pts

Squadron 3
    x1 Leman russ Exterminator
    with Heavy bolter sponsors, Heavy stubber, Extra armour - 195pts
    x1 Leman russ Demolisher
    with Heavy bolter sponsors, Lascannon, Heavy stubber, Extra armour - 215pts
    x1 Leman russ Punisher
    with Heavy bolter sponsors, Heavy stubber, Extra armour - 225pts

And i am think maybe of geting the complete kit for the Destroyer Tank Hunter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

Should be in army list section perhaps?

Is it for spearhead? because if it isn't your missing your HQ and troop choices.
    Mixed tanks in each spearhead formation reduces the effectiveness of the special rules for them.

Too many upgrades on everything, your spending over 300 points on upgrades!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

What on Earth are you trying to accomplish with all those different sponson, hull, and pintle weapons??? Not to mention Extra Armor on a vehicle squadron. These weapon choices seem completely random with no thought put in to them. All 3 of your squadrons are horribly outfitted. I'll take the second squadron as an example. You have Vanquishers with heavy bolter sponsons for crying out loud, and to make it even worse, they are in the same squadron as an Executioner WITHOUT plasma sponsons, and to make it even worse, they all have extra armor, and to make it even worse, it's topped off with a pintle storm bolter when we can take stubbers. The entire unit is ridiculously expensive with tons of weapons and upgrades that don't make sense and is simply ineffective. No matter what target you choose to shoot at, you have weapons that will be ineffective. I don't even understand why you have some tanks in the squadron with sponsons, and some without? If one tank moves, they all count as moving. This, coupled with the fact that you took extra armor on all of them, hint to me that you might not have a firm grasp of the rules. You need to streamline all 3 of these squadrons, because right now they don't have focus.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by slobulous View Post
    You need to streamline all 3 of these squadrons, because right now they don't have focus.
    Well then, he just needs to allocate them focus!

...Too much warmachine.

Poor slobulous, calm down there, you almost sounded spitting-mad!

Armored Cav is not a straight tanks-only list; Armored cav, in a general sense, is mounted infantry in armored vehicles combined with air-cav and armor support. For example, a modern-day ACR (Armored Cav Regiment) will often utilize infantry mounted in Bradleys (chimeras), supported by Apache and Kiowa helicopters, (Vendettas/Valks) and heavy armor such as M1A2 Abrams (Leman Russ). They will also sometimes include howitzer artillery units as well (basilisks/griffons/medusas). But yeah, they're also right in the list forums being seperate, but are found under this one's header.

Also, with your russes you really want to try to make your weapons complimentary to one another. For example, A vanquisher with no sponsons and a lascannon paired up with a standard LRMBT (Leman Russ Main Battle Tank) to act as an extra wound for the Vanquisher or, my own favorite, Executioner with an Exterminator, both with full appropriate sponsons (plasma and either HB/Las on the Executioner, HB's and pintle stubber on the Exterminator)........and then another standard LRMBT to act as a wound! I create the latter mix because of the fact that the named tanks can put down some good, serious mid-AP/strength fire and the LRMBT can support just about anything with decent effect. I just wish they'd have given us Annihilators as well. Perfect for pairing up with the Vanquisher.
    "Speed is life! You go slow, you die!"
    -Sgt. Unther, Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by sonoftheemperor View Post
    Should be in army list section perhaps?
    *thread moved*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337