<2000 1500 Mech list.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Mech list....

Hey, here is a mech list i have come up with, and would like opnions/improvement ideas....

Librarian (Null Zone & something else) 100

Ironclad Dread 135
    -Drop Pod

Dreadnaught (LC) 135

Dreagnaught (PC) 115

Tac Squad (LC, MG, sgt. with Combi Melta 7 PW) 215
    -Razorback (TL LC) 75

Tac Squad (LC, MG, sgt. with Combi Melta 7 PW) 215
    -Razorback (TL LC) 75

Predator (All LC) 165

Vindicator 115

Vindicator 115

that leaves 15 points....

This is essentially quite a defensive list, tac squads will probably split up (with MG and Sgt in razorbacks), so LC can sit back, both normally dreads and pedator to do that as well.....

Other options which may fit, would be have rhino's, and then upgrade vindicators to predators (with all LC), but not sure if thats worth it, or if it fits, it probably doesn't...

But what other improvements can i make (also with 15 points, do i give the tac squads melta bombs? or give the Iron clad hunter killers/assault launchers?)

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I like where you're going but you need more Razorbacks and less Dreads. An Ironclad dropped alone will probably just die as the enemy advances at you, it's only useful against Tau and IG, mostly Tau. I'd drop it if you face those armies rarely.

Your Sarge doesn't need a PW, give him a PF or nothing.

I'd grab MLs over LCs in your Tacticals, you have enough Lascannons, get some things to use against swarm armies and infantry, for free to boot.

I like PCs or ACs better on your Dreads, good against infantry and light/medium tanks and cheaper. They're your counter-attack option.

Everything else looks pretty good. Two scoring units might bite you, consider dropping the Predator for a third unit, you should have points if you swap out some guns and you'd lose 3 lCs to pick up 1 TL LC, 1 ML, a scoring unit and some Meltas. Not an awful trade.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread