<3000 Fun Stormraven Chaplain spam 2k "Astorath the Win" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun Stormraven Chaplain spam 2k "Astorath the Win"

-HQ-
    Astorath the Grim-220

-Elites-
    Chaplain w/ Power fist-115

-Troops-
    Death Company x10 w/ 3x power swords-245

Death Company x9 w/ 2x power swords and Chaplain Lemartes-360

Death Company x9 w/ 3x power swords-225

-Dedicated Transports-
    Land Raider w/ extra armor-265

Drop Pod-35 (for Dreadnought)

-Heavy Support-
    Stormraven Gunship w/ lascannon, multi-melta and extra armor-215

Dreadnought w/ multi-melta-105

Total---2000

My friends and I mostly play 2000 point annihilation or victory point games and I thought it would be fun to try an Astorath list because I really like his stats and model. I mostly play against eldar marines and necrons. (str 6 re-rolling sucessful invulnerable saves = bye bye eldrad!)
    The basic plan is to have Astorath and the 10 DC in one stormraven, and Lemartes with his squad in another, the rest go in the land raider with regular Chaplain and all three charge forward to feed the Emperor's enemies thier teeth as the Dreadnought in drop pod damages enemy heavy support(hopefully) with the multi-melta and diverts some fire away from the stormravens and land raider(hopefully). Re-rolls to hit, to wound, and some of those hits ignoring armor will make short work of any foe the Death Company has to deal with, add in furious charge and feel no pain and its game over for the enemies of man. I do not intend this army for objective games (I have nothing to capture them with) and see problems against swarm armies. So this list will not be seeing any tournament play or anything like that.
    Please let me know what you think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobramus View Post
    -HQ-
    Astorath the Grim-220

-Elites-
    Chaplain w/ Power fist-115

-Troops-
    Death Company x10 w/ 3x power swords-245

Death Company x9 w/ 2x power swords and Chaplain Lemartes-360

Death Company x9 w/ 3x power swords-225
    I'd give each DC squad at least 1 Pfist. Useful against monstrous creatures and tanks.

-Dedicated Transports-
    Land Raider w/ extra armor-265

Drop Pod-35 (for Dreadnought)
    Why the drop pod? You don't need it as the dread should be riding on the stormraven. Also, get that LR a multi-melta.

-Heavy Support-

Dreadnought w/ multi-melta-105
    Change that dread for a furioso w/EA+dual blood talons. You should be able to do so after dropping the drop pod.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great advice thanks! I actually got to play a 1500 point version of the list yesterday (just dropped the SR with lemartes and moved some points) and it was slaughter! I agree not giving all the squads a powerfists was an oversight, the multi melta on the land raider got cut at the end to squeeze another power sword in, as with the dreadnought i intended him as a threat the enemy would have to either deal with and take fire power away from the other vehicles or ignore and suffer for it. I personally have not had success with dreadnoughts in stormravens as my opponent usually just focus's on the stormraven that is carrying it, that being said you're more experienced than me so ill try it again haha. Also i think ill try to trim a few points by taking a regular chaplain rather than lemartes. ill post the new list and how it plays in the next couple days, thank you for the comment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Keep the pod for the dread, give it a locator beacon, and deep strike everything.

Probably switch out the LR for a third Stormraven just for kicks.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread