<2000 1750pt Ultramarines list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750pt Ultramarines list

I just started playing space marines and I'm looking for some advice for an upcoming tournament

HQ Master of the Forge 120
    Conversion Beamer

HQ Librarian 125
    Terminator armor
    The Avenger
    Null Zone

TROOP 10 Tactical Marines 170
    Flamer
    Missile Launcher

Flamer
    Missile Launcher

Rhino 35

TROOP 5 Scouts 85
    Snipers
    Missile Launcher

ELITE 5 Sternguard Veterans 145
    4 Combi-meltas
    1 Meltagun

Drop Pod 35

ELITE Ironclad Dreadnought 165
    Heavy Flamer
    Heavy Flamer
    Ironclad Assault Launchers

Drop Pod 35

ELITE 5 Terminator Squad 215
    Heavy Flamer
    2 Chainfist

HEAVY Ironclad Dreadnought 165
    Heavy Flamer
    Heavy Flamer

Drop Pod 35

HEAVY Predator 120
    Sponson Lascannons

HEAVY Predator 120
    Sponson Lascannons

As for tactics, I'll use the dreadnoughts to drop down and flame whatever troops there are trying to get some coversaves. With the sternguard I will take out the heavy-heavy shooty(landraiders, fire prisms etc etc)

Master of the Forge goes with the tac squad without a rhino, use them to hold objectives and shoot at whatever comes close. Use the other tac squad to catch objectives later on.

The librarian will be with the terminators, so I can deepstrike in and flame a little, then maybe prevent some invul saves at the same time

C&C please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

I didn't read the other thread, but I think you double posted....
    responses in red

Conversion Beamer
    Hmm, funny we were just talking about a MotF in one of the threads today. I think they are pretty cool, and well worth the 100 point base price. Consider giving him acouple servitors then with Heavy Bolters if this unit is just sitting back, cause that'd be one hell of a lot of firepower coming off 1 tactical squad.
    HQ Librarian 125
    Terminator armor
    The Avenger
    Null Zone
    Yay, invul save! I'd personally probably loose the librarian as the SM powers aren't all that great, but that's a personal preference for yourself. I mean, if I take one, I give him Null Zone, Quickening, and make him epistolary so that if something big comes at my, i can use quickening, go at I 10, and hopefully force weapon his ass....of if im moving up, null zone and force weapon his ass =)
    Flamer
    Missile Launcher
    stand back unit with MotF good..
    Flamer
    Missile Launcher
    Rhino 35
    I likes the mobility.
    TROOP 5 Scouts 85
    Snipers
    Missile Launcher
    Again, another unit I don't really get. This unit will probably not be very effective however... it may draw fire which is a good thing, so its a hit or miss unit.
    ELITE 5 Sternguard Veterans 145
    4 Combi-meltas
    1 Meltagun
    Drop Pod 35
    As posted earlier for someone else, Sternguard are not that powerful as only a 5 man group. I would strongly suggest, that if anything else in this list you find points for, is a way to make them 10 man. Keep them in a drop pod, and drop them strategically between either two tanks, or two units you want dead. Combat squad upon drop, and blast the heck out of both units and watch them go bye bye. Your only getting half of that coin at the moment. Also, I strongly disagree with meltaguns in Sternguard units, as you have now lost the special ammunition, and what makes sternguard good...but that's been debated by tons of people so up to you.
    Heavy Flamer
    Heavy Flamer
    Drop Pod 35
    2 HF's are nice, assuming you've kept the Seismic Hammer/DCCW combo as well...should be a solid unit dropping down
    ELITE 5 Terminator Squad 215
    Heavy Flamer
    2 Chainfist
    deepstrike HF is fun, but what about scatter? I would suggest a locator beacon on either of the pods you thing about dropping first
    HEAVY Ironclad Dreadnought 165
    Heavy Flamer
    Heavy Flamer
    Drop Pod 35
    Ummm....4 elites? did i miss something? Well, here's your 200 points to make the sternguard 10 man, and get some servitors! =)

[edit] OHHH YOU TRICKED ME. SILLY ME. Forgot about the MotF...haha Okay so he is not going to go...Well then, maybe consider dropping him regardless for the other suggestions....just a thought.

HEAVY Predator 120
    sponson Lascannons
    HEAVY Predator 120
    Sponson Lascannons
    Are these two preds with auto-cannon/lascannon weapons? wierd...and no extra armour? I suggest you make 1 an Anti-Infantry pred, and 1 a Anti-Tank pred but don't mix and match its kind of wierd makes the gunners confused and causes infighting, cause the guy controlling the lascannons wants to blast the big bad tank across the field, and the guy controlling the auto-cannon wants to shoot the infantry. see where i'm going?
    Well after some points readjusting and such from the 4 elites and things, you might come out with a slightly different list. If you want any more help building a list, feel free to pm me or just keep posting here, i'll take a look.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Are these two preds with auto-cannon/lascannon weapons? wierd...and no extra armour? I suggest you make 1 an Anti-Infantry pred, and 1 a Anti-Tank pred but don't mix and match its kind of wierd makes the gunners confused and causes infighting, cause the guy controlling the lascannons wants to blast the big bad tank across the field, and the guy controlling the auto-cannon wants to shoot the infantry. see where i'm going?
    AC/LC predators are standard builds for BA mech players - and the autocannon is actaully better then the lascannon against light armour, courtesy of that second shot. (the 45 point cost savings is a nice little perk)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually changed my list a little yesterday to include a beacon

With the scouts, I feel the sniper ones arent that great. So I'm thinking of having them as normal ones with one missile launcher and a power fist on the seargent and ofc camo cloaks, so I can outflank and hopefully get an objective at the end of the game.

But then I need some more points, so I'm thinking of dropping the sternguard, because I could aswell use the terminators to take down tanks.

And for the predators, the autocannon was more for lighter armor, but it still works good to kill infantry if I dont have a tank to shoot at.

Thanks for the tips, maybe I'll pm you Acez when I've gotten into marines a bit more

I'll post another modified list soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversion Beamer

2 Servitors 65
    2 Heavy Bolters

HQ Librarian 125
    Terminator armor
    The Avenger
    Null Zone

Flamer
    Missile Launcher

Flamer
    Missile Launcher

Rhino 35

TROOP 5 Scouts 130
    Missile Launcher
    Power Fist
    Melta Bombs
    5 Camo cloaks

Heavy Flamer
    Heavy Flamer
    Assault Launchers

Drop Pod 45
    Locator Beacon

Heavy Flamer
    Heavy Flamer
    Assault Launchers

Drop Pod 45
    Locator Beacon

ELITE 5 Terminator Squad 210
    Heavy Flamer
    1 Chainfist

HEAVY Predator 120
    Sponson Lascannons

HEAVY Predator 120
    Sponson Lascannons

45p to spare
    Last edited by dasher; June 9th, 2010 at 21:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by watchwood View Post
    AC/LC predators are standard builds for BA mech players - and the autocannon is actaully better then the lascannon against light armour, courtesy of that second shot. (the 45 point cost savings is a nice little perk)
    He isnt playing BA though....so...dunno. I still think you should go AutoCannon/HB sponsons, TL-Lascannon, LC sponsons specially since you have 45 points anyways. (you'll actually end up with more points to spare). Also, one thing i noticed is the PowerFist and Melta Bomb on the sergaent in the Scout squad, theres rarely a reason to take both, but if the points are there, then its worth it if a Land Raider is just sitting back and your able to outflank and pop it, but then again, how often does a Land Raider just sit back? If you take my suggestion and switch the pred, you'll have enough points for a Land Speeder Storm, for your 5 man scouts, which will help you get further in the board edge. Arm it with a MM and outflank, pop a transport/tank and charge a different one(its open topped)

After that, everything looks like its fitting in pretty well.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have actually made quite alot of changes to the list, which I think might be fun to play!
    Followed some of the advices

HQ Master of the Forge 100

HQ Librarian 100
    Quickening
    Null Zone

Flamer
    Missile Launcher

TROOP 10 Tactical Marines 180
    Flamer
    Lascannon

Rhino 35

TROOP 5 Scouts 125
    Missile Launcher
    Power Fist
    5 Camo cloaks

Heavy Flamer
    Heavy Flamer
    Assault Launchers

Drop Pod 35

ELITE Venerable Dreadnought 205
    TL Lascannon
    TL Autocannon

ELITE Assault Terminator Squad 200
    2 TH+SS

Land Raider Redeemer 240

FAST Land Speeder Storm 65
    Multi-Melta

HEAVY Predator 120
    Sponson Lascannon

Master of the Forge and the Librarian goes into the Land Raider, and sit there for the whole game, master to repair the landraider and the librarian to prevent psychic powers and maybe to storm out to kill the eventual hive tyrant or something . I took a Redeemer mostly for the flamestorm's, good for softening up whatever I'm assaulting, or maybe something near those that I fear may join the combat if I dont kill them.

Switched one of the Ironclads for a Venerable for more mobile firepower.

And I also added a Land Speeder Storm for the scouts, so I can destroy even more with those.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Acez View Post
    He isnt playing BA though....so...dunno. I still think you should go AutoCannon/HB sponsons, TL-Lascannon, LC sponsons specially since you have 45 points anyways. (you'll actually end up with more points to spare). Also, one thing i noticed is the PowerFist and Melta Bomb on the sergaent in the Scout squad, theres rarely a reason to take both, but if the points are there, then its worth it if a Land Raider is just sitting back and your able to outflank and pop it, but then again, how often does a Land Raider just sit back? If you take my suggestion and switch the pred, you'll have enough points for a Land Speeder Storm, for your 5 man scouts, which will help you get further in the board edge. Arm it with a MM and outflank, pop a transport/tank and charge a different one(its open topped)

After that, everything looks like its fitting in pretty well.
    It's still hardly a bad combination - I've used it to good effect well before C:BA ever came out.

I have to recommend against the MM on the LSS - As much as I'm a proponent for the speeders, BS3 just isn't reliable enough for tank killing. If you give the Sergent a combi-melta too, then you could reliably take out tanks between them.

+ Reply to Thread