<2000 1850 BA hybrid list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

1850 BA hybrid list

Been playing around with the idea of using Stormravens as viable gunships. Here's what I've managed to come up with.

Librarian (Shield/Sword powers)

10 Assault Marines, Power Fist, 2x Plasma Pistols

5 Assault Marines, Meltagun, Meltabombs, Razerback

5 Assault Marines, Meltagun, Meltabombs, Razerback

4 Death Company marines

Predator Baal (AC/H

Predator Baal (AC/H

2x Typhoon Speeders

Stormraven (AC/MM/HB sponsons)

Dreadnought (2x TLAC)

The librarians ride with the small assault squads. They'll ride in the razerbacks most of the time. DC and the dread go in the Ravens. DC get used as a countercharge/opportunity force, and the dread gets positioned by the raven on turn 1 in an advantageous spot to begin firing. Jump marines get used as a reserve force.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would only suggest dropping the second stormraven for a powerfist in the DC a drop pod and an Assault Termie squad. Load the DC in the Drop Pod and use them as a bait unit on the far side of the board close to something vital like a tank/objective. There bloody hard to kill plus all there special rules make them a nasty unit even when they lack big numbers.

Load the Assault termies and your Dread on the stormraven and use it to put the termies in your opponents face, i would also give the dread a CC arm instead of the 2nd TLAC.

I would also switch the plasma pistols for infernous pistols as they dont overheat and merck your BA.

Just suggestions!
    Falco's Marines will Annihilate the foe on swift wings of vengeance!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

Well, the whole point of the list was to find an effective way to use Ravens as gunship - dropping them kinda nixes that. :p

I considered the infernus pistols, actaully. But I don't have the models, and don't really want to spend the money on a box of Death Company just for 2 pistols.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

My problem with this list is that you have a weak core and plethora of kill pts, only 3 units capable of taking an objective, two of which are only 5 man assault marine squads who are set up to jump outta their tin cans, say surprise, and die horrible deaths. That leaves you with a single reserve assault squad for objectives. And you are putting a pair of librarians in the squads to boot giving a very very soft 6 kill pts. You cant sit back back and shoot with half your army as you offer the other half as easy pickens.

If you are going to use the stormravens as gun ships, then put one of those librarians in there, keep them close together barring ordinance templates by your opponent and shield them both adding a bit more survivability. Maybe even drop the other librarian, i just don't see him adding that much to your list.

Something has to go, either the death compnay, a baal, a speeder, or the dread and use the points to reinforce the rest of your army. I would say drop a speader, up the death company and add at least a powerfist.

How about your switch those plasma pistols for meltaguns. If you are droping right on top of the enemy with only a d6 scatter, S8 AP1 2d6 weapons are better than S7 AP2 weapons any day.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x4)

I disagree with you about the librarians (I think Shield is a power that's completely worth it). Dropped the DC for a Sanguinary Priest, and a couple other tweaks.

I'm not planning on using the 5 man squads as front runners - they'll generally hide behind the predators or terrain, and project the shield, cap points, and finish of small units as needed.

Modified list:

Sanguinary Priest, Jump Pack, Power Weapon

10 Assault Marines, Power Fist, 2x Plasma Pistols

5 Assault Marines, Meltagun, Razerback

5 Assault Marines, Meltagun, Razerback

Predator Baal ( AC/HB )

Predator Baal ( AC/HB )

2x Typhoon Speeders