<2000 2000 point blood angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point blood angels

HQ
    Libby - Shield blood lance - 100

Elite
    Brother Curbulo - 105
    Sanguinary Priest - Jump Pack Power Weapon - 90
    Assault Terminator - 3x LC 2x TH/SS - 210
    - Land Raider Crusader - Extra Armor Melta - 275

Troops
    RAS - 2x Melta PF - 235
    RAS - 2x Melta PF -235
    RAS - 2x Flamer PF - 225

Fast Attack
    Baal Predator - Heavy Bolter Storm Bolter -155
    Baal Predator - Heavy Bolter Storm Bolter -155
    Land Speeder x3 - Melta Heavy Flamer - 210

With this layout I have 5 points left over and have no idea what to use it on. I know the Land raider isnt fast but it provides great cover and has a priest and a libby in it giving everything around it awesome things. I included a second priest simply because I know I will not be able to go in a straight line with all my units so when they split the second priest and jump off with the other squads. Tell me how you think this list would fair. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

It looks a very powerful list.

I'm not too sure if Corbulo is worth the extra points over a normal priest. If you downgrade him and ditch a baal pred for a normal pred with AC/2LC it would give a little ranged antitank and allow 2 units of 2 landspeeders.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I think your list will fare well. I agree with Mad Cat about dropping Corbulo, but I would keep your 2nd Baal. You could get a regular sanguinary priest and give him a power weapon. With your extra points you could then give both baals extra armor. Then if they get a stunned result you can still rush 18" somewhere to hide, ram, or tank shock.

I've run BA with 4 squads of 5 JP assault squad, plus 5 honor guard and it has done very well (In the old codex). Three squads of 10 are very strong and survivable. Nice list!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Nice list. Agree with above, either the Baal or AC/LC pred are good. Not sure about the speeder set up is all though, melta/flamer isnt a great combo in my eyes, and a unit that expensive shouldnt really be suicide running it. Though with all the other high priority targets you have its certainly the right list to support it, if there was ever going to be one. Typhoons have argueably better anti armour and anti infantry firepower, not sure how much more expensive though.
    And now my bitter hands cradle broken glassOf what was everything... - Black by Pearl Jam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have reworked the list and took some of the ideas you guys have talked about. The final list comes out to be this.

HQ
    Libby - Sheild and Blood lance - 100

Elite
    Terminator Assault Squad - 2TH 3 claws - 210
    Land Raider Crusader - Extra Armor

Sanguinary Priest - Jump Pack - 75

Sanguinary Priest - 50 (Rides in Raider)

Troops
    10 man Assault Squad 2x Melta Powerfist - 235

10 man Assault Squad 2x Melta Powerfist - 235

10 man Assault Squad 2x Flamers - 200

Fast Attack
    Baal Pred - Heavy bolters sponsons - 145

Baal Pred - Heavy bolters sponsons - 145

Land Speeders x2 - Missle Launcher Heavy bolter - 180

Heavy Support

Predator - Lascannon Sponsons -135

This leaves 15 points left over i dont know what to do with. But I think all in all this list will work better with more powerfull long range weapons and keeping the pressure with a lot of thins advancing up the feild.

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

Now it might work out perfectly for you, so this is just a question:

How do you handle objective games?

- Generally I'd prefer more than three troop choices for 2k games.
    - Your troop choices have no transports (which in the end means they're less survivable).
    - They have no range so unless you have them doing nothing for most of the game you don't get much from having a home objective.
    - If you combat squad their threat level is greatly reduced (5 man with PF and 2 Melta won't last long).

Personally I'd cut the heavy bolters on the Baals and get a Scout Squad. But I guess the potential you see in the Baals differ from what I see, so understandable if you keep them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in objectives games I basically move them up the feild behind the land raider giving them 5+ covers saves from the libby in there and gaining also Feel no Pain from the priest. I can understand your concern for the lack of range but I think I can part with 5 guys just standing there if need be. Mostly it comes down to threating targets. Are you going to shoot the little jump pack guys running up the feild or are you going to blast the Baal Preds ripping apart your troops, or the death star coming up the feild, or the land speeders and pred in the back tearing apart your tanks. So thinking of it that way I think they will be fine. Adding in a scout squad worries me due to limited mobility.

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

So you had thought about it.. I suppose all is well then

Personally since I'm mechanized I'm more concerned with speedy meltas than with slowish thunder hammers.. That might just be me though?

Not sure how I would fare against your list. Speeders and the AC/LC pred would be highest priority, melta assault squads shortly thereafter. LR and Baals would have to wait (a shame but the bitter truth), unless you decided to place them just within range of my melta in which case I'd probably find it hard not to be tempted by the chance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Unless my math is off (or some of your numbers above are) you've got 25 points left over to play with. Which could go for a pf for the flamer sarge or some combination of power weapon/infernus and a hand flamer for whoever.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

+ Reply to Thread