Welcome to Librarium Online!
I have two list ideas and Im not sure which would be effective for an up comming tournament. Any thoughts are greatly appriciated.
Brother captain hood
4 gk terms
3x5 IST 2 mg rhino
2 inquisitors scourging rhino
lrc smoke ea
2 mm dreads smoke
The gks get in the rhinos with the inquisitors after the first turn so its fully mounted.
4 gk terms
3x5 IST 2 mg rhino smoke
5 gks 2 psycannons
2 inquisitors scourging rhino smoke
3 mm dreads smoke
the main armour moves up and the five man mini purge squad sits on home objective
Uhm, hmm, well list 1 is the better of the two BUT:
- I really don't see the use of the "2" inquisitors as you're not even taking a tarot so he's basically blank, scourging is crap. I'd recommend dropping one of the inquisitors, taking tarot, give those rhinos smokes.
- Multimelta dreads may seem nice on paper but realistically they don't work as well, 24" range and they don't move particularly quick so you need to bank on the opponent coming to you to really make the dreads effective, id swap out their weapons if you're really bent on using them. Personally I <3 plasma cannons so much on my lone dread that I ran in my 1850 tourney list, but assault cannons aren't bad either, neither are the autocannon setup as it's medium armor popping abilities with significant range.
- Your rhinos also need extra armor in my opinion, if the rhino gets stunned/shaken turn 1, it's (as of right now) sitting there and completely useless, while with extra armor you can still at least move and thus the purpose of the tank is not hindered in the least bit.
- Smoke isn't really needed on the dreads in my opinion I opt for extra armor as if they do get shaken/stunned you can move your 6" plus run d6 to try and get behind cover for a turn while the only times you'll really pop smoke is if you're already stunned, but that's preference of moving > save, so that's up to you.
- On your back 8 man squad of GKs, consider trading 2 of the GKs for 2 psycannons, as they appear to be your static squad that will claim objectives in the back, at least they'll have a medium strength 36" range suppressive fire rate, instead of relying on storm bolters or nothing.
5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0