Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
So, after a year and a half of so break, I'm jumping back into the tournament scene. Bringing out my old puppies in honor of the new codex. The list is mechanized, with a few hard hitting units in combat and plenty of shooting. Overall, I hope it can take on anything, but I want second opinions. The list will give headaches to anyone without lots of anti-tank, and give headaches to combat armies equally as well. My anti-tank situation is semi limited, but I believe that won't be a huge issue with what I currently have.
Rune Priest 170
Master of Runes
- Storm Called
- Murderous Hurricane
^Rides with Wolf Guard in Land Raider Redeemer
Wolf Priest 125
Wolf Tail Talisman
^Rides with Blood Claws in Crusader
Lone Wolf 105
5 Scouts 163
5 Melta Bombs
1 Melta gun
Joined by a Wolf Guard with Melta bomb and P. Fist.
9x Wolf Guard 342
9x Frost Weapons
10x Grey Hunters 185
10x Grey Hunters 195
15 Blood Claws
5 Long Fangs 115
4x M. Launcher
Land Raider Crusader
Land Raider Redeemer
Total - 2000
1. Murderous Hurricane is more suited to horde forces, IMO. Master of the runes is expensive, and you're better off just taking two rune priests. I never leave The Fang without Chooser of the Slain.
2. I'm not one for improving saves unless I can get some invuls. Models in runic armor are going to have the same accident, like everyone else, when shot in the face by a plasma weapon. You can go with the wolf tail, but I put my faith in two rune priests.
3. I don't use Lone Wolves or Scouts, so can't comment on those.
4. What are your plans for your 9 WG? I prefer mine leading other packs. I hardly ever use them as a single pack, unless they're led by a character or 'named'.
5. Your GHs and BCs should have a model with a power weapon. I'd also suggest leading them with a WG ( PF & Combi-M ), but you'll have to drop a model from the pack and the second weapon. Might also be a good idea to give your GHs a wolf standard each.
6. Taking LRs cuts into your HS choices plus you anti-tank abilites. I don't see much anti-tank in your force, atm, so I'd go with a standard LR. You'd be better off with preds or vindies, since all the vehicles will block LoS of your LFs. Krak missiles are great against annoying crisis suits, and combi-M weilding WG are a nice surprise. It'll depend on which advice , if any, you'd take from me.
You need a power fist in every pack, or they're in for a heap of trouble if confronted by a dread or MC.
I'd like to suggest a wolf lord on a thunderwolf. Give him a TH/SS/SotB and place him in a pack of 12 wolves. You now have a army-killing model with lots of bodies to soak up incoming fire. Once his TH hits home, you'll be giggling like me
Those are just my opinons, and feel free to bother me ;D
Last edited by SheBeast76; June 19th, 2010 at 05:30. Reason: rewrite