<1000 starting space marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting space marines

hey all my name is Mads and i've recently been introduced to 40k, and i was thinking about starting an 750 space marines army for a beginners tournament in my local gaming club.

there are no rules except the 1 HQ and 2 Troops.

I havent got the codex yet, but i have been doing some reading on the internet.

i like the idea of an CC army so im thinking something like:

captain with twin linked lightning claws.
    and i thought he should join a 5 man combat squad with flamer and bolter/chainsword.
    and they get a razorback as transport.

but after that im totally out of ideas so i would like to hear some suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regular Space Marine armies don't fare to well as assult armies in such a low points game. If it is assault you really want, then I would suggest two full man Tactical Squads, one with flamer and missile launcher and one with meltagun and heavy bolter and give them both a Razorback, one with lascannons and the other with heavy bolters or similiar. Combat squad both Tac Squads with the heavy weapon staying back and the special weapon with Sarge (powerfists) in the Razors. Take a Captain, or a Chaplain for the combat goodness.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to second Dominus Nox's post. Your looking at roughly 250 for a full ten man and transport, and then about 150ish for a decently equipped HQ choice. That leaves (roughly) 100 points which I might suggest you use to do one of a few things. If you want to stick to assault, and you want assault marines, you can get a 5 man squad with a free rhino for protection with the remaining points. Sure, they won't have jump packs, but if you have two tanks and 5 guys to shoot at, those 5 guys won't last long, having the tanks will add a good bit of protection. The other thing you might try is taking a dreadnaught and maybe skimp on points for your hq choice to afford it. It can provide some decent anti tank close range weapons, and lasts in CC. You could also add a predator, whirlwind, vindicator (maybe), or even a bike squad. I would avoid the tanks. Transports die and spew forth the payload still... tanks die and become landmarks... The bikes would provide you with some good mobility and with a power fist will assist in CC. They also have the drawback of being the only thing on your table really susceptible to small arms fire... Anyways... I'm sure you could find something you like to fill those last points up, and before I give a tactical explanation of each unit, I'm going to cut myself off. Hope it was a bit helpful man, take care.
    Lord Dnigh
    Webmaster, www.lorddnigh.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well as i said i have no idea whats good and whats not in a space marine army

but after some more reading i see the space marines fare well in shooting, how about a shooty army what would be good to work into it?

i have a little more than 5 weeks before the tournament starts so im trying to get an effective list but together

and i dont know if its importent but ill be facing atleast 2 ork players and 2 nid players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

if theres lots of horde armies consider a vindicator tank, and take lots of flamers and template weapons, bolters on your tactical marines will rip them apart since they have little armour, lascannons and meltas are also worthwhile since they harm the larger tyranid organisms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as said before i haven't gotten codex and i dont know anything about 40k i've played 2 games in my local game club.

+ Reply to Thread