<2000 Imperial Fists Siege Breaker List - 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Fists Siege Breaker List - 1500pts

Ok, been awhile since I got my Imperial Fists out of the crates but I'm having a fight this weekend against my buddy's eldar and this is what I'm bringing:

Captain Darnath Lysander – 200pts
    Assault Terminators x5: Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield – 200pts
    - Land Raider Redeemer Transport - 250pts
    Scout Squad x 10: Sniper Rifles x 9, 1 x Missile Launcher – 150pts
    Tac Squad x 10: Flamer, Missile Launcher, Sgt w/Power Sword – 185pts
    - Rhino Transport – 35pts
    Vindicator x 3 – 345pts
    Dreadnought – CCW, Stormbolter, Twin Linked Las Cannon – 135pts

My first use of assault terminators, I've heard so much about them when used in land raiders I thought its about time to give them a shot. Usually I don't have much luck against the eldar, but I keep trying to pit bikers and assault marines againat them and they are just too fast and shooty so I thought I'd give them a bunch of armor and a "death Star" unit. Assuming he doesn't bring too many brightlances I'm hoping the Redeemer sticks around to deal some hurt for awhile. I'll likely be splitting the Tacs and Scouts into combat squads, with the Sgt and Flamer in the Rhino covering the weak flanks as mobile cover for the Vindicators. If I can minimize the side armor shots hopefully the Vindicators will get more than one shot off. I look forward to posting something victorious in the battle forums soon. Wish me luck and of course any advice is welcome.

Last edited by slamfu; June 25th, 2010 at 18:08.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I have to give you credit, this is a fairly fluffy list with regards to Imperial Fists.

I'd say you need a 3rd scoring unit right out of the gate. 3 is the minimum for most armies in 1500 to be successful, especially because the Scouts have some built in weaknesses. I'd grab another Tactical Squad, although Meltas and a PF would fit your theme a bit better and be stronger. The Flamer is fine to keep but a PF really works better than a PW. I'd drop the Dread and a Vindie to buy that. That would leave you with a Raider, 2 Rhinos and 2 Vindies which is a pretty potent spearhead. The Raider and Vindies block LoS for the Rhinos and you just push up.

Everything else looks pretty good, the Scouts would like Camo Cloaks but it's not a need. I prefer Crusaders to Redeemers, it's really tough to hit one target with both flamers all game but it's personal preference.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    I prefer Crusaders to Redeemers, it's really tough to hit one target with both flamers all game but it's personal preference.
    That's what the Machine spirit is there for. Targeting a different squad, that way both flamers are good to go.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Sorry, double post. My mistake.
    Last edited by Wolf Guard; June 28th, 2010 at 01:02. Reason: Double post.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I've usually found that to be more useful on the Multi-Melta which it should have for tank busting, or pretty rare that two non-vehicle units are near it. But like I said, to each his own.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread