Librarium Online Forums banner

Infantry-Mech...ish

<2000 
644 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Triorchin 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm slowly making this more of a tank heavy List (money is the issue) so this is what i have for now...

HQ:
Command Squad 170
Creed, 2 Grenade Launchers, Vox, Carapace Armour

Lord Comissar 85
powerfist

Troops:
Platoon 550
-Command (45)
2 grenade launchers, vox
-Infantry {70} (often joins second flamer squad)
krak grenades, flamer, vox
-infantry {70}
krak grenades, flamer, vox
-Infantry {60}
grenade launcher, shotgun, vox
-heavy {90}
3 missile launchers
-heavy (95)
2 lascannons, autocannon
- 30 conscripts {120}

veterans 130
2 snipers, missile launcher, vox, shotgun, Forward sentries

veterans 135
3 meltas, vox, grenadiers

Fast Attack:
Bane Wolf 135
heavy flamer, smoke launchers,

Heavy Support:
Leman Russ 205
plas-cannons, lascannon

Leman Russ 205
plas-cannons, lascannon

Executioner and demolisher 385
Lascannons

See less See more
#2 ·
How is it even mech... ish? It has no chimeras, and so isn't mechanised in any way.

Look at some other peoples lists they have posted up, and what people have told them. It would take me a long time to point out what to change in this list and I'm sure you could read what I and other people have written on other peoples army list threads much more quickly and it will help you to get a wide opinion on what everyone thinks about the best combos and units for IG.

#5 ·
oh i generally thought it just meant mechanised.... grr why isnt it mech-inf .... anyways i know this army is far from tank heavy hence why i said at beginning soon to have more tanks.... its been updated slightly now :)

#6 ·
"Mech" generally refers to an all-tank/Valk/Sentinel force, where the infantry squads (usually veterans) are all mounted up in Chimeras.

As an example, this is my current 1500 pt. Mech IG list:

HQ
145 Company Command Squad w/4 x Melta, Chimera

Troops
155 Veteran Squad w/3 x Melta, Chimera
170 Veteran Squad w/3 x Plasma, Chimera

Fast Attack
130 Vendetta Gunship
130 Vendetta Gunship
145 Hellhound w/Hull Multi-Melta

Heavy Support
165 Leman Russ Demolisher w/Hull Heavy Flamer
150 Leman Russ Battle Tank w/Hull Heavy Flamer

As you can see, I don't put any infantry models on the table at the start of the game. You'll only see them if I lose a transport, or if I decide to move 12" and dump them out in front of you for a close-range melta salvo.

Other variations are "Mixed" or "Hybrid" lists where maybe half the infantry are mounted and supported by Russes, Hellhounds, etc. Yours is an almost all-infantry, or "Foot" list.

Hope this helps.

#8 ·
145 Hellhound w/Hull Multi-Melta
ou tof curiosity is the multi-melta worth it this was a dilemna i had before sticking my tank together... i managed to make it so my primary turret is interchangeable but i'm thinking to perhaps get a devildog with multi melta to cover my fast anti-tank an dpossilby have it outflank with tactical genious?

#7 ·
ok that kind of helps only problem is that's similar to the tank heavy lists i see most people use except for the vendettas (out of curiosity how'd you go about making them?) what i'm trying to aim for is less chimeras and more Russ' and hellhound(variants) while having infantry either holding home objectives and giving cover fire if necessary or advancing behind a line of tanks.... and suggestions on next purchases and stuff and i hope that helps in anyway

#12 ·
i'd happily use vendettas if they were easily available and i often feel that IG tend to have plenty of anti-troop to not need valkyries. I was thinking of perhaps having 2 squads of vets in chimeras and a platoon to provide extra cover fire while my executioner is accompanied by two demolishers. then having a nother bane wolf. i'll probly remove things from creeds squad and give him a chimera... how does this sound?

#16 ·
Since I don't run lascannons on anything other then Vendettas, It was a simple conversion. I took the lascannons from the heavy weapon squads, glued 8 of them together, then took the Lascannon they give you from the Valkryie kit, and bashed it with the Lascannon you get from the new Russ kits (they're exactly the same, except for the piece that slots in. Easy bash), and voila, Vendetta without costing me anything at all.

#17 ·
It cost you money for the valkrie... and although you used bit you had already bought, you did have to buy them in the first place.
I still recomend the forgeworld kit, to get detail anywhere near it, you have to spend £12 on bits, not worth the effort to me for £2 and I don't want my model to look crap when ive already spent £35 in the first place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.