<2000 2000pt (hopefully) Competitive Black Templar Crusade - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt (hopefully) Competitive Black Templar Crusade

Preface: I have not played any of my Marines since about 2002, and haven't touched my Templars since the battle for Armageddon Codex.

I've decided to break out the crusaders for a GT end of this month, and thought I would get the thoughts of those more experienced than me:

Marshall: Stormbolter, Lightning Claw, Iron Halo, Term Honors, Frag, Furious Charge

Command Squad: apoth w/ PW, Standard w/ PF, Champion, Sgt w/ PF, 2 Ini w/ BP&CCW, 1 ini w/ melt, all w/ term honors and furious charge

Emperors Champion: Accept any Challenge (will Ride w/ overside Crusader Squad)

Techmarine w/ BP & Frag (will ride w/ shooty group if fighting mech for re-roll on shooting, or will act to beef up a unit for assault)

9 initiates, Plasmagun & Missile Launcher
    Rhino w/ Extra Armor and Smoke

9 Initiates, Meltagun, PW
    Rhino w/ Extra Armor and Smoke

9 Inititates, 5 Neophytes, Flamer, PW
    Land Raider Crusader

Predator Annihilator, Lascannon Sponson

Land Raider (will Transport Command Squad)

1999 total

So there it is...any thoughts? Is the command Squad too expensive?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

The command squad is entirely too expensive. I heavily suggest dropping it (and their raider) for some long ranged AT. Predators and Dreadnoughts are both good for this, and there's a couple other options you could try as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran the list tonight against some bugs, and I have to say...the HQ was like a knife through butter when I got the charge in on my terms...and acted about like a brick wall otherwise.
    I did swap transports around, and put the HQ in a rhino and the flamer/pw crusader group in the raider.
    It was pitched annihilation, and things went well until i missjudged 12" from the Swarlord and his retinue.
    I'm going to try and pick up another couple games, hopefully against mech, and see what needs to be added. I'm thinking of shrinking the HQ down to buy a rhino, and add a pred destructor w/ lascannons and a vindicator.

+ Reply to Thread