<2000 Imperial fists armylist (500 1000 and 1500) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Member Comm_Nagrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    26
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    20 (x1)

    Imperial fists armylist (500 1000 and 1500)

    so i'm making some army lists for my Imperial Fists though i'd ask you guys what you think of them
    as a note, yes i realize i'm using the CRIMSON fists CM as the leader of the army, its just the way i wanted to run the army


    500 pts:
    HQ:

    1. Captain w/ Powerfist = 125pts

    Troops:
    1. 10man Tactical squad w/ drop pod = 205pts
    2. 10man scout squad w/ camo cloaks and 5 sniper rifles = 170pts

    total: 500pts
    basically just a small skirmish army to play some casual games with friends




    1000 pts:
    HQ:

    1. Pedro Kantor = 175pts

    Elites:
    Venerable dreadnought w/ assault cannon, extra armor, and drop pod = 225pts

    Troops:
    1. 10man Tactical squad w/ drop pod = 205pts
    2. 10man Tactical squad w/ drop pod = 205pts
    3. 10man scout squad w/ camo cloaks, 5 sniper rifles, teleport homer, meltabombs = 190pts

    total: 1000pts
    basically a very small army with a bit of coverage just in case




    1500 pts:
    HQ:

    1. Pedro Kantor = 175pts

    Elites:
    1. 10man Sternguard Squad w/ 2 combi meltas, and a drop pod w/ locator beacon = 305pts
    2. 10man Sternguard Squad w/ 2 combi plasmas, and a drop pod = 195pts
    3. 10man Sternguard Squad w/ a drop pod = 285pts

    Troops:
    1. 10man Tactical squad w/ drop pod = 205pts
    2. 6man scout squad w/ 1 sniper rifle, teleport homer, 2ccw = 103pts
    3. 5man scout squad w/ 1 sniper rifle, teleport homer, 3ccw = 90pts

    total: 1458pts
    trying to figure out what else to add, thinking about some stuff for the sternguard sarges but idk what, any ideas?

    C&C always welcome

    please click my eggs & dragon hatchlings:

    Ignorance is bliss

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    24 (x1)

    Hi there!

    500 point list - looks ok for casual games. I have not had much luck with my scouts, especially the sniper rifles. The only time they really excel is with very high toughness models, and the pinning/rending rules don't come into effect often enough for me to count on them. I'm guessing you're using the standard ML/Flamer kit for the tactical squads? I might suggest a melta, just in case you come up against a heavy transport or dreadnought.

    1000 point list - Pedro and the Venerable dreadnought might be a little expensive for this battle. If you drop Pedro back to a normal captain and the dread to a vanilla dread, you're saving a boatload of points (might even be enough to fit in another tactical squad or landspeeder). In smaller games, many times quantity wins out over quality. Again, I think you might be a little light on anti-tank, since at 1000 points you can almost guarantee you'll see some vehicles.

    Really you're going to field 31 men and a dread. Even for a space marine army, it might be a little short on bodies.

    1500 points - At this level, you're going to need some dedicated anti-tank weaponry. Combi-meltas being only 1 shot item are really hit or miss for this (if you roll badly to hit/penetrate, you're kinda up a creek).

    I hope this helps.

  4. #3
    Member Comm_Nagrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    26
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    20 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by General Van Rensaler View Post
    500 point list - looks ok for casual games. I have not had much luck with my scouts, especially the sniper rifles. The only time they really excel is with very high toughness models, and the pinning/rending rules don't come into effect often enough for me to count on them. I'm guessing you're using the standard ML/Flamer kit for the tactical squads? I might suggest a melta, just in case you come up against a heavy transport or dreadnought.
    hmm perhaps i'll drop the camo on the scouts and give the tactical squad a meltagun then, and yes, mostly just all the basic free stuff for the tac squad, unless i decided to give them a melta, i figured the ML would be more than enough to pop most vehicles i found in a 500pt game

    Quote Originally Posted by General Van Rensaler View Post
    1000 point list - Pedro and the Venerable dreadnought might be a little expensive for this battle. If you drop Pedro back to a normal captain and the dread to a vanilla dread, you're saving a boatload of points (might even be enough to fit in another tactical squad or landspeeder). In smaller games, many times quantity wins out over quality. Again, I think you might be a little light on anti-tank, since at 1000 points you can almost guarantee you'll see some vehicles.
    Really you're going to field 31 men and a dread. Even for a space marine army, it might be a little short on bodies.
    yeah it was an oversight, i thought i might be able to squeeze in a sternguard squad at this level, i am thinking of dropping him back down and adding a melta to the tac squads, if i drop down the dread should i just pull off his assault cannon and give him a lascannon? (i'm sure i could scrounge one up from SOMEWHERE) or just add those points into another squad?

    Quote Originally Posted by General Van Rensaler View Post
    1500 points - At this level, you're going to need some dedicated anti-tank weaponry. Combi-meltas being only 1 shot item are really hit or miss for this (if you roll badly to hit/penetrate, you're kinda up a creek).

    I hope this helps.
    would dropping a Sternguard squad for a Devastator squad be enough? (i have 2ML, 1las, and 1 plas) or should i scrounge up some points and toss some full meltas into the sternguard units?
    please click my eggs & dragon hatchlings:

    Ignorance is bliss

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts