<2000 A space marine list to beat space marines. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A space marine list to beat space marines.

I came to the realization that everyone who goes to my games workshop has a space marine army, varying chapters of course, but space marines none the less. Even I have a space marine army. So, i was brainstorming how to deal with the excess of space marines, and I decided on spamming plasma. Here's the list I came up with.

captain
    relic blade
    storm shield
    145pts

command squad
    4 plasma guns
    2 power swords
    razorback
    tl heavy flamer
    270pts

captain
    relic blade
    storm shield
    145pts

command squad
    4 plasma guns
    2 power swords
    razorback
    tl heavy flamer
    270pts

tactical squad
    meltagun
    plasma cannon
    power fist
    razorback
    240pts

tactical squad
    meltagun
    plasma cannon
    power fist
    razorback
    240pts

tactical squad
    meltagun
    plasma cannon
    power fist
    razorback
    240pts

Devastator squad
    lascannon
    2x plasma cannon
    heavy bolter
    +2 marines
    combi plasma
    232pts

Devastator squad
    lascannon
    2x plasma cannon
    heavy bolter
    +1 marine
    combi plasma
    216pts

Yeah, sorry for the poor formatting, I was just kinda slapping ideas together. Was wondering about the command squads, if I could give them both the plasma gun and power sword on a single model, i'm assuming I can, but the way the and/or wording is placed, I wonder. Tactical squads break into combat squads leaving the cannon behind. Captains join their command squad, everything rolls up in razorbacks and dumps plasma and space marines all over the place. That's the general idea I was going for. The combi plasmas and 3 random marine additions in the devastators were because I had 70 points left to burn. Maybe I'll drop them and give the other razorbacks flamers.

Also, it's really late right now and i'm tired and probably not thinking clearly, i'll have a look at the list in the morning and probably realize it's missing something dramatically important. Oh well. Stands at 1998 points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can put individual combat squads into a razorback. You have to be able to fit the entire squad into the transport.

For the command Razorbacks, I'd say take the lascannon/TL plasma gun for their weapon. That's 2 wounds (on a 2+ for most things) with a low AP.

For the Devastators, I'd get rid of the heavy bolter and take another plasma cannon (anti infantry) or lascannon (AT). You could combat squad the devastators to shoot at both infantry and tanks then.

Even with the transports, I think you're going to be a little light on mobility. Personally, landspeeders have served me well in the past, even if they are a bit of a suicide unit sometimes.

I think you've got the right idea with spamming plasma for killing MEQ. As far as the command squad goes, you can give a model both a power sword and plasma gun, no problem.

Just some thoughts. I'd be curious how a list like this would work out, as I end up playing SM vs. SM many times as well.

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by General Van Rensaler View Post
    I don't think you can put individual combat squads into a razorback. You have to be able to fit the entire squad into the transport.
    This is false. You may take a 10 man squad, then combat squad them, so they may fit into the Razorback.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Guard View Post
    This is false. You may take a 10 man squad, then combat squad them, so they may fit into the Razorback.
    Agreed. If fact the only way you are going to get any troops in that Razorback is to combat squad.

+ Reply to Thread