<2000 1500 Bjorn list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Bjorn list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

1500 Bjorn list

HQ

Bjorn the fellhanded - 270

Elites

3 Wolf Guard - 264 Points

2 x Power Fists
    2 x combi- plasma, flamer
    1 x Arjac Rockfist
    (Travel with 3 of the squads)

Troops

4 Squads Grey Hunters - 755 Points

9 x Grey Hunters (1 Meltagun, MotW and Drop Pod) - 190

8 x Grey Hunters (1 Meltagun, wolf standard, MotW and Drop Pod) - 185

9 x Grey Hunters (Flamer, MotW and Drop Pod) - 185

9 x Grey Hunters (Plasmagun, MotW and Drop Pod) - 195

HS

6 x Long Fangs - 205 points

3 x ML
    2 x Lascannon
    -Drop pod (squad will not be in the drop pod, pod will drop empty)

Total Points - 1494

I had a choice between another dred, arjac or another squad... hmmm

Last edited by Tossy; July 11th, 2010 at 05:55.
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

And here we find the fabled Bjorn list. Let's see how well you have implemented him.

HQ
    What more can be said here? Bjorn the Fell Handed. Wait, I know what to say! Why an Assault Cannon? Its like giving Santa Clause coal in HIS stocking. There is a twin linked Lascannon just siting there idly by, for only a few points more. Remember, BS 6 and Twin Linked are your friends... It is a bit of a pain that he can't take a Pod, but if you keep him within 6" of your Long Fangs, then your precious Heavy Weapons are bound to get a few more shots in somewhere.

ELITES
    Oh, man. I am just confused here. You have listed 3 Wolf Guard, and have outfitted for 4 and Arjac. Do you mind clarifying here, so I can give you some more info?

TROOPS
    Good amount for a 1500 point match. I personally think seeing as how there is a model with MotW in each squad that you should put a Wolf Standard in each, to maximise the efficiency of it, plus the squad in general. Having had a few more games, and mind you this is just my own preference, I am not a fan of Grey Hunters in Drop Pods. I think they would far better in Rhinos, so that they can cover your flanks, as you haven't really taken that ino account, and can claim the objectives close to the middle of the board, or at least contest them. With Pods, you will have to fight through hell to get them, but good job in proritising with your special weapons. You have learned from your previous list, which is good to see. Go for it, but in Rhinos. Just a thought.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Very good setup. You cannot go far wrong here. Keep Bjorn right here, and if any flankers decide they sniff your objective, or some tasty kill points, send Bjorn in and reap carnage. Not much else to say here. Good work.

If I had the choice between another Dread, Arjac or another squad, I would honestly have to say that I would look into another squad, and that squad would be another squad of Long Fangs. Because of the fact that I do not think a Drop Pod list will help you here, you can remove the Pod from your first LF squad, and then a second identical LF squad. Perfect! I know I am a little bias towards them, in favor of them, but that is because they rock. If only they had a special rule that benefits them if they fulfill a bet that they have placed amongst each other, like an extra shot from their weapon...

Anyway, just some clarification on the Wolf Guard, and we are moving along.

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x1)

The wolf guard was a mistake, as I based this list on another list I built a while ago which had a wolf priest which went with the squad.

If I had time tonight I would retool this list but I am tired and it is getting late. I will fix it tomorrow. I just feel stupid I overlooked that.

Hawk I would rep you but LO is telling me I rep you too much.
    Last edited by Tossy; July 11th, 2010 at 13:18.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

HQ) I'm going to agree with, The Hawk, here.

E) I've read that you've made a mistake with your list, so don't take my advice the wrong way ;D
    Since you have 4 GH packs, go with 4 WG in power armor with PF/combi-melta.

T) Try to push your GH packs to 9man, if not stay at 8man. Give all the packs a meltagun, and the wolf standard. Keep the MotW, but try to fit a PF in each squad or a PW ( it myabe just me but I have a horrid time with MotW against 2+ sv ).

HS) I've used a full LF squad, as I never found the need for it. Four LFs and a squad leader works dandy for me ( I usuall take two packs ). I'd suggest sticking with MLs as they do the same duty for cheaper, plus with all those meltaguns ...

If you have the points left over, I again agree with The Hawk. Another LF squad, and drop the DP from the one you already have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x1)

HQ

Bjorn the fellhanded - 290
    -TL Lascannon
    (I needed the points)

Elites

4 Wolf Guard - 172 Points

4 x Power Fists
    4 x combi- plasma, flamer, melta, melta

(Travel with the 4 squads)

Troops

4 Squads Grey Hunters - 720 Points

8 x Grey Hunters (1 Meltagun, Wolf standard, MotW and Drop Pod) - 185

8 x Grey Hunters (1 Meltagun, Wolf standard, MotW and Drop Pod) - 185

8 x Grey Hunters (Flamer, MotW and Drop Pod) - 170

8 x Grey Hunters (Plasmagun, MotW and Drop Pod) - 180

HS

6 x Long Fangs - 170 points

3 x ML
    2 x Lascannon

6 x Long Fangs - 140 points
    5 x ML

Total Points - 1492

HQ

-Plasma Cannon
    (I needed the points)

Elites

4 Wolf Guard - 172 Points

4 x Power Fists

1 x Drednought - 150 Points
    -Multi Melta
    -heavy flamer
    1 x Droppod

Troops

4 Squads Grey Hunters - 730 Points

HS

3 x ML
    2 x Lascannon

Total Points - 1492

2 lists, 1 has bewtter drop pod use, the other 2 LF squads...

I like drop pods more than rhino's. If I was taking this list to tournie I would use my rhinos, but i find them less fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

190 (x3)

Hey

Man this a tough choice now. You have significant abilities up close with the first list, and could easily table and opponent, but then again, it is firepower that inevitably wins the day. This is a decision that is best left up to you to decide. I like your prioritization with your Grey Hunters, although I feel that there is so much more that could be done with your Wolf Guard though. Like I have said, complementary weapons will work wonders for what you are trying to do. Power fists will work really well when coupled with Meltaguns, so stick with those ones, but as for the Plasma Gun and Flamer, I would stress that you rethink how they are proportioned. With a flamer, as this is undoubtedly an assaulting weapon, I would much rather have a Frost Blade/Axe on the Wolf Guard that is accompaning them. Does that make sense? An infantry-killing ranged weapon coupled with an infantry-killing close combat weapon? I think it does. In regards to the Plasma Gun, you have the option of all of the CC weapons, but probably not a Thunder Hammer or a Storm Shield. I would think to go for a Wolf Claw. Not only does it provide you with more of an edge for that squad, it will also enable you now to start backing up the other squads that you have, in particularly the flamer GH squad, just in case they fail.

So with that taken in mind, and with those few changes done, I really couldn't decide until I could see how you play, and how you outwit your opponent. I see that you still have some points left over. If you chose the second list, give your Dread a Wolf Tail Talisman. A Walker always hitting on 3+? Yes please! As for the first list, there is nothing that needs to be done. It would be good to see a Wolf Standard on all of the Grey Hunters, even in the second list, but that would be hard to do under the current circumstances.

So, it is your call! Post back and tell us which list you are leaning towards.

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x1)

HQ

-Plasma Cannon
    (I needed the points)

Elites

4 Wolf Guard - 167 Points

2 x Power Fists (melta squads)
    1 x Frost Axe (for flamer squad)
    1 x Wolf Claw (for Plasma squad)

1 x Drednought - 160 Points
    -Multi Melta
    -heavy flamer
    -wolf tooth necklace
    1 x Droppod

Troops

4 Squads Grey Hunters - 730 Points

HS

3 x ML
    2 x Lascannon

Total Points - 1497

Again, your advice was great. adding the wolf claw gave me the 5 points I needed for the wolf tooth necklace on the dred. In terms on my gameplay I think this list will be better as most of my squads try to engage the extra firepower will be rendered almost pointless. The dred can be come great CC backup. Also, my other army is Orks, and in fantasy wood elves, I understand the need for a double charge. Plus 5 pods is better than 4. once again though, if I did the rhino thing instead I would use the LF list.

So now I am going to play another game, here is another list without bjorn, is it better? I am really not sure they both look so good.

HQ

Rune Priest - 150
    Master of Runes
    -Living Lightning
    -Murderous Hurricane

Elites

3 Wolf Guard - 264 Points

1 x Power Fist (with melta squad)
    1 x Frost Axe (with flamer squad)
    2 x combi- plasma, melta
    1 x Arjac Rockfist (goes with the squad of
    (Travel with 3 of the squads)

1 x Drednought - 150 Points
    -Multi Melta
    -heavy flamer
    1 x Drop pod

Troops

4 Squads Grey Hunters - 755 Points

8 x Grey Hunters (1 Meltagun, MotW and Drop Pod) - 175

9 x Grey Hunters (Flamer, wolf standard, MotW and Drop Pod) - 195

9 x Grey Hunters (Plasmagun, wolf standard, MotW and Drop Pod) - 205

HS

3 x ML
    2 x Lascannon

Total Points - 1499
    Last edited by Tossy; July 14th, 2010 at 02:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

190 (x3)

Hey

Your just making then decision harder for yourself, because each list could work rather well. I would still stick with the Bjorn list. This was your original idea, and once you have a certain hypothesis for an army, you should stick with it. For example, my theory is that an army where every squad has a Plasma weapon would work better than normal, and so this is what I would work around. In your case your theory is to center your army around Bjorn, and so you should stick with that.

Mind you, a Rune Priest with a Grey Hunters squad could work, but it would be much better in a Rhino list. Go with Bjorn.

In regards to your other Dread however, I'm thinking that you have mixed anti-tank potential with anti-infantry potential. What I mean is that it is probably illogical to outfit a Multi-Melta, which is for vehicles with a Wolf Tail Talisman with is for foot warriors. Therefore, I would consider either an Assault Cannon, Autocannon, or a Plasma Cannon. Either way, cannons FTW!

Other than that, I think the list has mucho killing ability, and you are looking really good.

Good Hunting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bjorn for me is almost like a mega Ork weapon of destruction. 50% of the time when i have him run my HQ he dominates the game, the other 50% he's destroyed within a foot of my board edge and I have a to leave a pack of grey hunters baby sitting the wreck PP Either way it is interesting!

I also prefer the plasma cannon for him since he is BS 6 it rarely deviates and can be really destructive.

+ Reply to Thread