<3000 Straken + Ogryns 2K - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straken + Ogryns 2K

Here's a preliminary Straken/Ogryn combo list.
    The lord Commissar goes with the ogryns, who charge forward with Straken and the 50
    man squad.
    The rest shoots at stuff 'til it's all dead, but with this CC theme, I'm not sure what else to add to the list.
    I always like to take 3 LR's in all my lists for armored support.
    I'm not really sure what this list is designed to fight, other than CC, since it's just all over the place.

Accepting all criticism and advice. I know ogryns are superexpensive and not worth it, I usually never take them, but I have 5 and a Lord Commissar with a P.Fist model, and I've always wanted to write a list using them. So adjust the list as you see fit, but
    PLEASE KEEP THE OGRYNS/COMMISSAR, STRAKEN, AND THE 50-MAN SQUAD,
    I want to build a list around those 3 squads, so I'm not sure what else to put in the list, the rest is just what I usually put in my other lists.

HQ
    1 CCS - Straken, 4 Laspistols, Medipack, 2 Bodyguards, Carapace, Astropath 270
    Chimera - ML/HF 55
    1 Lord Commissar - Power Fist, Carapace 95

Elite
    1 X 5 Ogryns 210
    Chimera - ML/HF 55
    1 X 5 Stormtrooper Squad - 2 Meltas, Airborne 105
    1 Marbo 65

Troops
    1 PCS - 4 GL 50
    1 X 50 Combined Squad - 5 P.weapons, 4 melta bombs 320

1 PCS - LC 50
    1 Infantry Squad - LC 50
    1 Infantry Squad - LC 50

Fast Attack
    1 X 3 Scout Sentinels 105

Heavy Support
    2 X 1 Demolisher - HF 330
    1 LRBT 150

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Interesting, though un-squadron the demolisher tanks. You have absolutely zero need to do that.

I'd give the Combined squad 5 Commissars, to be totally honest, and give THEM all power weapons too. You could get the points from your lascannons (lascannons. Ugh. Terrible!)

Your Lord Commissar will be targetted in melee, since he's an IC, so that's a warning. Drop the Melta Bombs from your Troops. You've got enough AT in your three russes.

It won't be competitive, but it'll be fun to see. I ran a platoon the other night with 4 Power weapons (3 squad leaders, + Commissar) , and it did fairly well. With those Commissar's, you'll be adding a bunch more power weapons. Maybe get a Ministorum priest and use them in your combined squad. Re-rolling with that many power weapons is always a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread