<2000 2K Mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2K Mech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K Mech

Right let's have another go at this...

HQ:
    CCS, 4 meltas, astropath, chimera 175pts

Troops:
    Veterans, 3 meltas, chimera 155pts
    Veterans, 3 meltas, chimera 155pts
    Veterans, 3 meltas 100pts
    Veterans, 3 meltas 100pts
    Veterans, 3 plasmas, autocannon, chimera 180pts
    PCS, 4 flamers, chimera 105pts
    Infantry Squad, autocannon, grenade launcher, chimera 120pts
    Infantry Squad, autocannon, grenade launcher, chimera 120pts

Fast Attack:
    Vendetta
    Vendetta

Heavy Support:
    LRBT, heavy flamer 150pts
    LRBT, heavy flamer 150pts
    Lemun Russ Executioner, plasma sponsons 230pts

Total: 2000pts

Right this seems like a more standard list than the last one I tried which got shouted down. My major questions are whether I should replace the infantry platoon with another veteran squad, and whether I should change my heavy support around. I want to give the executioner a chance to show me what it can do, but i do also have a manticore and a demolisher as possible replacements. Anyway what do people think...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with the manticore personally.

Strong list that will hurt MEQ and TEQ I reckon. Can you shoot HW out of the hatch on the chimera's, would seem a touch cheesy...
    Comedy Fantasy Wargaming / Roleplaying goodness: http://www.warheadsthegame.com

Website design and development awesomeness: http://madcatdigital.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I think i probably will switch out one of the LRBT's for my manticore I just need to find 10 points from somewhere to do it. Yeah you can shoot anything out of the chimeras top hatch, its a firepoint like on any other transport vehicle. Cheesy it may be but its the way mech guard work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The executioner is pretty cool for his 5 FRICKING plasma cannon shot but it cost too much. You're using near an 8th of your 2000pt on 1 tank that can be blown on the first turn ( all right a leman russ is tough but you know...s**t happen...when you expect it the worst). So 'll suggest you a good old Demolisher. This tank brings EXTREME firepower AND a lot of fear and rush your enemy to kill it, leaving the rest onf your tank barely safe. With a lascannon it will cost you 180 pt so you have 50 pts left.

I tend to protect my fragile "plasma gunner" by giving them a medi pack in a command squad.

You maybe have too much anti-tank in you're list...you know, in all the list have seen, I'm pretty much the only one to use the Valkyrie with multi rocketpod. When moving 6", you can fire 3 multilaser shots and 2 S4 AP6 big plate each turn. My friend ork player is always crying when I'm firing this little puppy on a 30 boys squad. So if this is your all around list I suggest you to think about swarming ennemy army.

Hope this will help

VIVE L'EMPEREUR!!!

+ Reply to Thread