<2000 1,500pt Blood Angels Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

1,500pt Blood Angels Army

Commander Dante

Sanguinary Guard: x 3 infernus pistols

Sanguinary Guard: x 2 power fists

Sanguinary Guard: x 2 power fists

x 3 Sanguinary Guard

Dante & the first squad d/strike right next to the biggest tank on the board. Blow it up, and if anyone tries to run out, the group charges in and slaughters them.

The 2 squads with powerfists ofcourse deal with normal squads of troops, but they also take on transports. PF's should be able to pop rhinos/etc easily enough.

The last 3 squads focus purely on troops.

Gotta be careful with the squads, and really abuse all the terrain on the field. But if played smart, I think I'll be able to roll it well. I've rolled Grey Knights, so I know what low numbers look like, I've rolled tau & eldar so I know what fragile is like.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Pathofskulls; July 16th, 2010 at 08:09.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay looks quite solid. Effectively not a tournament build but it would be a fun army to play with and against nonetheless. personaly i feel only one squad capable of taking tanks out from shooting is a bit risky. Yes that tank will die but with more and more people fielding mech lists i would get more infernus pistols, or spread them out so all your anti-tank can't be taken out by a single demolisher shell. I would go:

Dante (225)

Sanguinary guard w infernus pistol and powerfist (220 )

Sanguinary guard w 2x infernus pistol and powerfist (230 )

Sanguinary guard (200 )

Sanguinary guard (200 )

Sanguinary guard (200 )

here you have 3 squads who will concentrate on killing anything that does not need a infernus pistol or powerfists as well as capturing objectives. Dante will go with the squad that has 2 infernus pistols and pop tanks on DS. The other two units will be multi-role doing what they can against tanks, monstrous creatures etc.... just what i think would work better personaly
    Nothing more funny than 3 inquisitors with sanctify when facing deamons. They cant do anything while you stand in front of them having a tee break.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I would consider dropping one squad for a pair of Sanuginary Priests (more for the Furious charge than the FnP), and some extra gear for the squads (and maybe hand flamers for the priests to help with hordes).
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Taking both your posts into thought I reinvisioned the list.

Dante

Sanguinary guard w infernus pistol and powerfist

Sanguinary guard w 2x infernus pistol and powerfist
    Dante accompanies this group.

Sanguinary guard w infernus pistol and powerfist

Sanguinary guard
    Sanguinary Priest- jump-pack, hand flamer, power sword

Sanguinary guard
    Sanguinary Priest- jp, hf, ps
    The priests tag along with the regulary suited guys to give them some added combat ability. As its these guys that will need it.

Since the two five man squads without priests already have anti-tank & anti-(t)mc, I figure put the priests with the squads that are anti-troop. If they come face to face with an mc, they have enough power weapon attacks that the mc should be dead. But with the flamer & regular fire they should also be able to take on horde armies.

Really wish they made priests with jump packs. But I figured out how I'm going to make these priests. I think...

Really would of been nice if they'd actually made a sprue with a hand flamer. And a plastic priest so I could modify him more easily.

While not actually said, minimizing the powerfists while still maximizing them plays better into my strong suit for me, it still makes each squad effective in combat with only one fist in the squads. But it also means I don't have to field as many. I'm not a huge fan of powerfists, but I've seen what they can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

Dante & the first squad d/strike right next to the biggest tank on the board. Blow it up, and if anyone tries to run out, the group charges in and slaughters them.
    Even though Dante and his squad don't scatter, they still cannot assault after deepstriking. If a squad were to run out after blowing up said vehicle, you really couldn't do much about it until your next turn. As for the list as a whole, it could probably use a few more infernus pistols.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Is there any rule that says I can't pair two IC's together? As a squad? Does the magna-grapple replace any weapons?
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; July 16th, 2010 at 23:08.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Is there any rule that says I can't pair two IC's together? As a squad?
    In fact there is a rule that says you may so this. any number of IC's may form an IC superunit. But IC's may not join single model units that are not IC's
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Does the magna-grapple replace any weapons?
    no it's an add-on like a pintle stormbolter.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Originally Posted by Pathofskulls
    Is there any rule that says I can't pair two IC's together? As a squad?
    In fact there is a rule that says you may so this. any number of IC's may form an IC superunit. But IC's may not join single model units that are not IC's
    Originally Posted by Pathofskulls
    Does the magna-grapple replace any weapons?
    no it's an add-on like a pintle stormbolter.
    Sweet Sasafras(sp), after Sabe's comments on both of my original posts I looked at my list and did some hard thinking. While I love the Sanguinary, keeping them as more of elite troops sounded better then spamming them. I've also made every squad capable of everything. While I didn't spam multiple infernus pistols in every squad, every squad does have at least one, and so is capable of taking on bigger uglies.

Woot to converting Damned Legionnaire's x2 with multi-melta's to BA Sternguard models >_>

New List:

Dante: 225

Librarian: 140
    plasma pistol, jump pack
    smite, might of heroes
    Librarian & Dante group up, likely they wont deepstrike, and they'll just jump there way up the field. between the two, they can drop tanks, troops & (t)mc's. With might of heroes, as long as the cast is successful, whatever unit they charge into will likely be wiped off the board.

Furioso Dreadnought: 140
    frag cannon, meltagun, magna-grapple
    It can kill tanks, from far away or up close, and still has the ability to take care of horde style armies, ps the frag cannon templates, flamer templates I assume & you place them next to each other?

Sternguard Veteran Squad: 135
    x 2 multi-meltas
    Sit back and shoot, try to stick them in the middle in cover, cover some anti-tank, mc, and troop

Sanguinary Priest x 2: 210
    plasma pistol, power sword, jump pack
    Priests accompany the Sanguinary Guard, 1 in each squad. So they shoot up squads, charge in and rip them to shreds.

Sanguinary Guard: 210
    infernus pistol

infernus pistol

Assault Squad: 115
    Sergeant: infernus pistol

The assault squads are small, but they can both take on tanks, not recommended, but better then nothing, and I'm fielding 2 squads of them for almost the cost of the Sanguinary Guard. This way I have enough squads of troops that I can capture objectives.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

While thinking about life, I thought why have an immobile squad when everyone else can move. So, I dropped sternguard for a second similar dreadnought to the first. Still elite, still tank wooping and troop rending. Here's the second list still at 1,500pts flat:

Dante: 225

Librarian: 140
    plasma pistol, jump pack
    smite, might of heroes

Sanguinary Priest x 2: 210
    plasma pistol, power sword, jump pack

infernus pistol

infernus pistol

Assault Squad: 110
    meltagun

My goal is to give my list a little more flexibility while my longest anti-tank weapon is still only 12" everything can move and fire. Assault squads can bunker down and capture objectives if need be, while the Guard kill things. Dante & the libby are capable of taking on anything from units of troops, to (t)mc's and tanks.

Comments on the First and Second list would be much appreciated. Especially the second list. Do like it a bit more then the first.

+ Reply to Thread