<2000 1,500pt 3rd Time Revised: Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

1,500pt 3rd Time Revised: Angels

So we've evolved from six squads of Sanguinary Squads, to a more balanced list with Assault squads, to a some organized dreadnaughts, to this:

Blood Angels Army: On the Wings of Angels

Chapter Master Gabriel Seth: 160
    Joins Death Company Squad, hops in LRR & rides to the front lines in style.

Librarian: 140
    plasma pistol, jump pack
    the blood lance, might of heroes

Furioso Dreadnought: 150
    heavy flamer, meltagun, magna-grapple, blood talons
    Anti-troop, anti-tank, anti-horde.

Sanguinary Guard: 210
    infernus pistol

Sanguinary Priest x 2: 180
    plasma pistol, jump pack
    One priest to each assault squad, no special close combat weapons, but at least they'll wound more easily.

Assault Squad x 5: 115
    Sergeant: infernus pistol

Assault Squad x 5: 120
    flamer

Death Company x 5: 175
    x 5 power weapons

Land Raider Redeemer: 250
    multi-melta

All the squads pretty much have the capability to take on tanks, and they all have the ability to kill troops and (T)MC's. I chose the redeemer over the crusader, because it could take an anti-tank weapon for the cost of a crusader and still boast more then enough anti-troop weapons specifically anti-marine. Additionally the Redeemer is a bigger threat with any luck then the dreadnought, so hopefully pulls fire away from the dread.

Thoughts?

A second alternate list I devised:

Blood Angels Army: On the Wings of Angels 1,500pts

Librarian: 125
    jump pack
    the blood lance, unleash rage
    Joins Sanguinary Guard, follow up behind the tanks, and assault when the oppurtunity is given

Sanguinary Guard: 200

Terminator Assault Squad: 200
    Jumps in LRR1

Chaplain: 100
    Joins Death Company, in LRR2

Assault Squad x 5: 100
    Assault Squads hold back to take objectives

x 5 power weapons

multi-melta
    Anti-troop, anti-tank

multi-melta

This Second list boasts 3 highly effective assault squads. 2 Squads for capturing/holding. And two big ass tanks capable of anything.

Any opinion of which is better.

Last edited by Pathofskulls; July 18th, 2010 at 21:16.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

My initial impressions.

In general I notice a lack of high strength CC attacks in a CC based list. It looks like you're trying to make up for it with a lot of plasma infernus pistols but at best these will each have 1 shot before you assault/get assaulted and will struggle to do the work of PF/TH's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Chapter Master Gabriel Seth: 160
    Joins Death Company Squad, hops in LRR & rides to the front lines in style.
    never used him so can't say much, although to me he seems more of a fluffy choice than an effective one (good against walkers though). If going with the DC I'd probably take a stock Reclusiarch instead for the crazy first round boost and use the extra points for a PF/TH to make up for the loss of the high S attacks.

plasma pistol, jump pack
    Joins the Sanguinary Guard, whether he uses the lance or pistol depends whats infront of him, etc. Might of heroes for the turn they assault, a potential of 37 attacks in one assault phase. With good rolls, nothing will live.
    not sure how you're calculating 37, might of hero's give one model an extra D3 not the whole squad. For CC buffs it's hard to beat Unleash Rage. And I can't think of a time it would be better to use the plasma pistol over Blood Lance other than the turn you assault so why pay for a weapon you'll use once or twice and doesn't do anything the squad can't get done in CC anyway.

Furioso Dreadnought: 150
    heavy flamer, meltagun, magna-grapple, blood talons
    Anti-troop, anti-tank, anti-horde.
    Looks good. Extra armor might be useful so you can still assault when stunned.

infernus pistol
    I think you'd get more use out of a PF than the pistol

Sanguinary Priest x 2: 180
    plasma pistol, jump pack
    One priest to each assault squad, no special close combat weapons, but at least they'll wound more easily.

Assault Squad x 5: 115

Assault Squad x 5: 120
    flamer
    I really don't understand what you're trying to do with these squads. they look like small squads with no killing power aside from very short ranged shooting. For the points I'd get this squad:
    10 Assault marines, PF, 2 meltaguns
    then put power weapons/LC's on the priests and have one of them go with the guard. The melta's are all around better than infernuses plus you have the versatility of combat squading them if you need to

x 5 power weapons
    that many power weapons is overkill against any squad smaller than 15 MEQ's and how often do you see that. also without a PF/TH this squad will struggle against high T enemies with a decent armor save.

multi-melta
    looks good. maybe add extra armor though not required
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

not sure how you're calculating 37, might of hero's give one model an extra D3 not the whole squad. For CC buffs it's hard to beat Unleash Rage. And I can't think of a time it would be better to use the plasma pistol over Blood Lance other than the turn you assault so why pay for a weapon you'll use once or twice and doesn't do anything the squad can't get done in CC anyway.
    Yeah, I misread that one.

Consequently As I get responses I'm modifying one of my lists. The second. As I like it more.

2 Questions, suppose I replaced the assault squads with a tact squad, and broke it into combat squads, can each of those combat squads hold an objective? I guess the second one, would I be better off with a tact squad/2 combat squads for holding objectives, rather then the assault squads?
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; July 18th, 2010 at 21:22.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

And for the second list

Again you have no high strength CC attacks and a total of 3 anti-tank weapons. If walkers/MCs get into combat with anything in this list you're probably screwed.

Sang Priests (and their ability to give FnP and FC) are one of the things that make BA lists hit so hard, the extra survivability, Strength, and Initiative are very powerful esp. against other marines. By leaving them out you're missing one of the big strengths of BA armies.

infernus pistol, jump pack
    Joins Sanguinary Guard, follow up behind the tanks, and assault when the oppurtunity is given
    If the SG are following the tanks anyway I'd give him Shield, Rage and Terminator armor w/SS and put him with the termies. Then he can give 5+ cover to most of your army and vastly increase the hitting power of the termies. There are very few cases when MoH is better than Unleash Rage. Also the Infernus and Blood lance seem pretty redundant.

Sanguinary Guard: 200
    ok. I'd throw in a fist just in case.

Terminator Assault Squad: 200
    Jumps in LRR1
    I'd suggest at least 2 TH/SS. Gives you increased survivability against AP1/2 and power weapons and lets you deal with MC/Walkers in CC.

Joins Death Company, in LRR2
    good pick

Assault Squads hold back to take objectives

If you just want units to hold objectives take camo sniper scouts. And you can save 10 points by taking one squad and combat squading it (though one will have lower Ld).

Death Company x 5: 160
    x 4 power weapons
    I'd drop 2 PW's for a PF/TH.

multi-melta
    Anti-troop, anti-tank

multi-melta
    Good but watch out for melta's.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Librarian: 145
    terminator armor, storm shield
    shield of sanguinus, unleash rage

power fist

Terminator Assault Squad: 205
    x 1 thunder hammer & storm shield

Scout Squad x 10: 125
    Combat Squad1: shotguns x 5
    Combat Squad2: x 4 sniper rifles, heavy bolter

Death Company x 7: 215
    x 3 power weapons, x 1 thunderhammer

multi-melta

multi-melta

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

Looks solid to me. the Terms and DC will hit like a ton of bricks, the scouts will be annoying and the Sang guard will prob be ignored over the LR's until it's too late. If you find the lack of long ranged anti-tank is hurting you a lot you can always swap a regular LR for the DC's Redeemer (the terms need those frag assault launchers)

I'd probably drop the DC Thunder Hammer to a PF and get one more TH/SS for the termies. And I'd probobly go all snipers with camo for the scouts if they're gonna be sitting on home objectives with maybe a missile launcher but thats mostly personal play style

be aware that you're low on model count so it may take some practice to figure out the best way to use it.

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

207 (x5)

All your lists suffer from the same overload of fancy units. All of your army lists have a crippling lack of backbone while having an overload of elitie CC redundancy.

On your most current list:

#1. At 1,500pts you don't need a kitted out DC, a unit of terminators AND a unit of Sanguinary Guards. Having all of these units and their transports is killing your armies resiliency and ability to take and hold objectives. Pick one or two with enough upgrades to make them effective and use the remaining points to make the core of your army effective. (Example, tade the SG for a 10 ASM with x2 Melta and a PF -or- drop the Termies for a unit of ASM inside a Landraider. You get the idea, trade out some of your over the top CC redundancy for a unit that can still fight in CC AND hold an objective)

#2. Get another scoring unit. Scouts are really only good for holding objectives in your own deployment and even combat squaded you only have two small units to hold objectives. A flamer shot or two will be the end of these guys. (Don't get me wrong scouts are fine, but if you want to be effective you need more of them or you need a tac or assault squad to help them out and to take the fight to the enemy.

#3. Your DC really don't need that many power weapons. At some point it is better to have more bodies than more special weapons.

#4. I'd try and get a second TH/SS termie in your squad. It will help more with wound allocation.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Captain: 155
    twin-lightning claws, jump pack
    Joins Assault Squad, combat squad 2 specifically.

power fist
    power fist for anti-mc/walker.

Joins DC.

Assault Squad x 10: 230
    Combat Squad1: Sergeant: twin-lightning claws
    Combat Squad2: meltagun
    More ground holding, more models.

Scout Squad x 10: 125
    Combat Squad1: shotguns x 5
    Combat Squad2: x 4 sniper rifles, heavy bolter
    Still anti-troop

Death Company x 9: 210
    x 1 thunder hammer
    1 special weapon, plus what the chaplain boasts, charging out of the LRR.

Land Raider Redeemer: 240

Predator: 115
    heavy bolters, extra armor
    Two Predator sitting in the background moving just enough each turn that they wont get blown to shreds, there for anti-troop and anti-tank. Yes I know they can't pop armor 14, but they can still hurt 13.

Predator: 115
    heavy bolters, extra armor
    Additionally these tanks can roll up providing walls of armor for my assault squads, etc if theres a lack of terrain.

More tanks. More troops.

All your lists suffer from the same overload of fancy units. All of your army lists have a crippling lack of backbone while having an overload of elitie CC redundancy.
    I come from playing armies like tau, grey knights & eldar where you specialize a lot. So. That more less explains my elite style of looking.
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; July 19th, 2010 at 01:50.

+ Reply to Thread