<2000 1,500pts Blood Angels. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

1,500pts Blood Angels.

Ok so rather then revisiting Old lists, I find it easier to start a new thread. Don't ask why. From reading what people have said about my lists & reading small tacticas here and there, seeing what people are having trouble with and what not I've gone back to my list and re-edited it so many times in the last few days.

My first lists were elitist. Then almost horde. But with the horde came lots of CC and not a lot of shooty. And while Blood Angels aren't supposed to be super shooty, any army thats played needs some fire power to soften enemies before melee hits, it needs a few units capable of anti-tank and it needs something to draw fire power away from troops, etc.

So without further adue I bring you my list:

Blood Angels Army: On the Wings of Angels 1,500pts
    Model Count/Transports Included: 40

Captain: 155
    twin-lightning claws, jump pack
    In the attempt to draw fire away from my SG, captain is going to join Combat Squad1 which also increases said squads killing power.

Sanguinary Guard: 210
    power fist
    Primarily anti-mech troops, can handle the odd tank/mc w/good rolls.

Assault Squad1 x 10: 210
    Combat Squad1: Sergeant: power weapon
    Combat Squad2: flamer
    Originally the second squad had a meltagun, but I needed points for something else, so it got downgraded slightly, in the process, I got another multi-melta.

Scout Squad 2 x 5: 170
    sniper rifles
    Sit at the back, shooting MCs/Hazardous squads.

Attack Bike Squad x 2: 100
    multi-meltas
    2 squads of 2 each one with 2 multis, one per bike. Better chances of hitting with 2 bikes in each squad, greater range then meltaguns, fast. Don't have to aim for combat/doesn't feel like I'm wasting assault troops on chasing tanks.

Attack Bike Squad x 2: 100
    multi-meltas

Vanguard Veteran Squad x 5: 200
    x 2 plasma pistols, x 2 power weapons,
    lightning claw
    Sergeant: power fist
    Second elitest assault squad. Drop pod will d/strike them somewhere near cover a couple turns in, figure I'll have them disembark on my side of the drop pod, so my opponent can't shoot them up if they are semi-exposed.

Drop Pod: 35

Dreadnought: 125
    heavy flamer, assault cannon
    Shock & Awe Campaign. Nothing better then seeing 2 dreadnoughts d/strike right infront of your opponents two most valuable squads, disembark, and unleash a torrential assault of fiery death. I considered using furioso dreadnoughts instead, but couldn't find the proper points. Drop pods & dreadnoughts start off as a nuisance, whether they last more then a turn or not depends on luck. But if they take the heat off the bikes/assaultier squads. Then the points invested ought to be worth it.

Dreadnought: 125
    heavy flamer, assault cannon

Thoughts?

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I still think your army is a little too elitist, taking both the vanguards and the Sang Guard in the same list. Also maybe you forgot to list something for the scouts cause their points aren't making sense to me.

And I think Honor guard would be a good replacement for the vanguard since you aren't using their heroic intervention
    for 195 points you can get:
    honor guard
    -blood champion
    -power fist + meltagun
    -meltagun
    -power weapon

So you're basically trading the LC for a Sanguinary priest giving the squad FC and FnP and the blood champion's higher WS
    Last edited by Bugs_n_Orks; July 20th, 2010 at 16:19.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

I forgot I'm not giving the scouts a missile launcher/heavy bolter. I was still thinking those values. I did look at the honor guard. And now that you point out my miscalculation in the scout squad, I could drop the drop pod, give the Vanguard squad jump packs, they automatically get Descent of Angels & they could then use heroic intervention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

I'm not so sure about the scouts myself. In todays mech dominated metagame sniper rifles just don't do a whole lot with most things being mounted in transports(with the exception being nid armies maybe). I haven't seen your previous threads, so maybe you have a specific reason you want the sniper scouts.

Ablative wounds on stuff like vanguard are a good thing, loading each one up with expensive gear means that each casualty is costly.

I really agree with BnO about your list still being very elite. Blood angels are up there with space wolves and orks on armies that can be most effective with lots of troops choices. You get jump infantry as troops and can get the super efficient choice of assault troops in razors. I would take advantage of that were I you.

Personally I would also always take a reclusiarch over a captain.

I think you need to take more advantage of your troops selection, as it is in 2/3rds of your games all your going to have to capture objectives is 2, 5 man assault squads and some scouts. Not hard at all to take out for most armies and suddenly the best you can hope for is a draw.

Frankly, it seems like your list is suffering from a case of "Ooh! Shiny!"
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; July 20th, 2010 at 22:17.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

#1 Replace the Captain with a Recluisarch if you want a CC comander, the Rec is better than the Captain.

#2. Your army is still too elite heavy but it is better than previous efforts.

#3. Your Vanguard vets have too many toys and will probably still have little real impact in a game. The unit has no ablative wounds to soak up enemy fire or to thin down horde units. If you want these guys they need more plain bodies in the unit, otherwise they will win their first combat and then die before they do anything else.

#4. Sanguinary Guard are not as good as Honor Guard of equal points. I can give you the math hammer if I can dig it up, but it basically boils down to having FnP + Furious Charge is better than master crafted power weapons and +2 saves. The SG are marginally better against standard marines but HG are actually better vs Terminators and such.

#5. Your assault squad could really use a Sanguinary Priest. Assault troops are the bread and butter strength of the BA and you don't have that.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

The one thing I keep fearing with the lists I make, is if I throw in too many assault troops I wont have enough anti-tank/long range anti-troop.

Oh and I've already bought the SG squad. So I want to use the models at all possible costs.

If I put a Reclusiarch with the SG squad, would I be able to make use of Liturgies of Blood & the Master crafting? Like, say I hit with 8/15 attacks, LoB reroll hit with 4/7, then master craft and reroll the last 3?
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; July 20th, 2010 at 23:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

What exactly have you bought? Because one good way to get anti-tank is assault troops with meltaguns, and assault troops in razorbacks.

Landspeeders also make for very good fast anti-tank/transports (typhoons or multimeltas). Or you can do the AV13 spam and get a bunch of fast preds to help with anti-tank
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; July 21st, 2010 at 00:14.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

So far I've got one box of SG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

If you dont mind, I would do the following for your 1.5 list while still sticking to some of your strictures.

Reclusiarch
    Jump Pack
    Meltabombs

Honor Guard
    Jump Packs
    Power Fist
    2 Power Weapons

Sanguinary Priest (goes in one of the razorback squads)

Sanguinary Guard
    Power Fist

Assault Squad x 10
    Combat squad 1- Seargant with power fist for assaults
    Combat squad 2- 2 meltaguns for tank hunting

Assault Squad x 5
    Power Weapon
    Flamer
    Razorback

Assault Squad x 5
    Power Weapon
    Flamer
    Razorback

Scout Squad x 5 (sits on your home objective and snipes)
    Sniper Rifles

Dreadnought
    Multimelta
    Heavy Flamer
    Drop Pod

Dreadnought
    Multimelta
    Heavy Flamer
    Drop Pod

Exactly 1500 pts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This list keeps the sanguinary guard, and keeps a number of jump infantry (which from the name of your other threads is what I gather you wanted?)

This list is still relatively small, but has added durability if you make good use of the two FnP bubbles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

I actually tweaked the list. The list is tank heavy, with the major assault squad being the Reclusiarch & the SG. Ofcourse the two party up.

Reclusiarch: 155
    jump pack
    Joins the SG, not sure if there mastercrafting can stack with the Liturgies of Blood.

Sanguinary Guard: 210
    power fist

Sanguinary Priest x 1: 180
    power fist
    Reg priest w/assault squad 1.
    Brother Corbulo
    Corbulo with assault squad 3.

Assault Squad1 x 5: 125
    -no jump packs-
    First squad has capability to take on MCs & tanks, transport can also do anti-tanking. Squad can also pile out, use razorback for cover & then assault.

Razorback: 55
    twin-linked lascannon

Assault Squad2 x 10: 235
    -no jump packs-
    2 meltaguns
    This squad gets the rhino. Run around the board essentially, little more protected, shooting up tanks. Worse comes to worse they hop out, they got assault capability with 10models, they got a power fist for some heavy hitters.

Rhino: 30
    extra armor

Assult Squad3 x 5: 115
    -no jump packs-
    Sergeant: power weapon
    With Corbulo in the squad, they hit harder & with luck do some more damage.

Razorback: 55
    twin-linked lascannon

Vindicator: 150
    dozer blade
    Can take on terminators, or vehicles, or troops.

Predator: 100
    autocannon, heavy bolters
    AV13 & anti-troop

Whirlwind: 90
    Purely anti-troop, sitting behind cover.

One question about the whirlwind, if it does get an arrow. Instead of the direct hit, it just deviates 2D6 not 12" right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast