<2000 Oops help with 13th company Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Oops help with 13th company Wolves

So I'm buying the last of my 1850pt Space Wolf army and I ran into a problem, my list was too many points! (it was like 1930 or something) So now I'm trying to bring the list down to 1850.

But first, this is a fluff/tourney list and I have some restrictions to what I want/don't want to take (picky I know). The list is pre-heresy 13th company wolves, and I'm basing them as if they are fighting on Prospero. To stick with more fluff, the model count is also based of the short story "Wolfs at the Door" from the the "tales of Heresy" book. In the story it states that of Russ' original tribe only 2 score (40) survived the trials to become space marines, so I'm trying to stick to that model count to represent those 40 men.

So for the list restrictions
    No-Blood Claws of any type
    and keep it around 40 models.

HQ
    275 Wolf Lord Bulveye (counts as Logan Grimnar, as Russ' right hand man he should be a beast!)
    160 Rune Priest Torvald--Wolftooth necklace, Master of Runes (goes with first Greyhunter unit)

Elites
    172 WolfGuard Terminators 1/chainfist, 1/TWC, 1/Frost axe and 1 power weapon x4 models

Troops
    178 Greyhunters meltagun, mark of the Wulfen, Wolfguard w/power fist (points are calculated in the 17--8 hunters+1 Wolfguard
    35 Rhino
    198 Greyhunters melagun, MotW, Wolf Guard w/power fist combi-melta (points in the 19--9 hunters + 1 wolfguard
    35 Rhino
    175 Greyhunters x2 plasmaguns, MotW x10
    35 Rhino

Fast
    180 Thunder Cavalry 1w/no upgrades, 1w/ bolter, 1w/ Thunder hammer (for wound allocation) x3

Heavy
    115 Long Fangs x4 missle launchers 5 models
    40 Razorback TL-heavy bolter
    250 Land Raider (for terminators and wolf lord)

So I'm thinking the Cav or the longfangs have to go, but which? I think I should have long range support but the Cav are so nasty.
    Help Please!

Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

Hi there. Nice to see another fluffy list. 13th company is nice.

I'm not shure i get it. By browsing you're points you have around 1848. So it seems you have trimmed it down to 1850 already. Your question seems to indicate that dropping the cavelry or LF is necessary to reach 1850 ?

I would drop none of them. Drop something else. They are amount the best units in the codex.

Looking at your list you lack long range firepower a little - even with the LF. I would consider having two of them.

You seems to have 43 models - so you are over 40 already. If you want to keep it at 40 - you could fill up more with vec.

Some tidbitz:

HQ
    275 Wolf Lord Bulveye (counts as Logan Grimnar, as Russ' right hand man he should be a beast!)
    Agree. But he's so expensive that i would consider switching him to a WL which is cheaper.

160 Rune Priest Torvald--Wolftooth necklace, Master of Runes (goes with first Greyhunter unit)
    I would drop WN (he shouldn't be in CC). i also would drop the master of runes. It's too expensive for what it does. (If you drop WN and Runes you almost has a second RP)

Elites

172 WolfGuard Terminators 1/chainfist, 1/TWC, 1/Frost axe and 1 power weapon x4 models
    Ok if it is for wound allocation. What is the TWC ? Not thunderwolf cavelry is guess - since they don't have that option. You should get a heavy weapon. Assault cannor or cyclon missil launcher.

Troops
    178 Greyhunters meltagun, mark of the Wulfen, Wolfguard w/power fist (points are calculated in the 17--8 hunters+1 Wolfguard
    35 Rhino
    Fine. I would invest in the banner too - it'great.

198 Greyhunters melagun, MotW, Wolf Guard w/power fist combi-melta (points in the 19--9 hunters + 1 wolfguard
    35 Rhino
    As above

175 Greyhunters x2 plasmaguns, MotW x10
    35 Rhino
    As above

Fast
    180 Thunder Cavalry 1w/no upgrades, 1w/ bolter, 1w/ Thunder hammer (for wound allocation) x3
    I would keep these. How about ditching the walking lord and the WG-termies and have a "Bulveye" on TW ?

Heavy
    115 Long Fangs x4 missle launchers 5 models
    One of my favorits. I would take the last LF too. Soo 6 LF with 5 ML.

40 Razorback TL-heavy bolter
    This i would have dropped.

250 Land Raider (for terminators and wolf lord)
    Fine if you want the walking lord - but could be dropped for better things if you have him on TW.

Last edited by Tyfus; July 27th, 2010 at 00:12.

+ Reply to Thread