<2000 Critisism on My 2000pnt All or Nothing Ravenguard List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Critisism on My 2000pnt All or Nothing Ravenguard List

Wanted to try something a little different, will be making a ravenguard army soon (since those forgeworld ravenguard are just to amazing to pass up).

Heres what I was thinking

Captain, Artificer Armor, Jump Pack, Storm-shield Thunder-hammer
    3x 10man Tactical Squad, 1x Melta, SGT With Power-fist, Drop-pod, Locator Beacon
    3x 5man Assault Squad, SGT w/ Storm-shield and Thunder-hammer
    3x Venerable Dreadnought, extra armor, Drop-pod

2000 points

Tactical squad pods come out in my 1st turn, the rest after.
    Plenty of troops to capture points (can make it 6 squads of 5, 15 marching out on the table, the other 15 in the pods). I know, I'll have to roll good on reserves to make it work, but if the rolls are good, seems like it would be pretty game over for the enemy. Any ideas on how to improve?

Last edited by Nhyx; July 23rd, 2010 at 14:11.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

Couple questions and 1 main comment.

Drop the Storm Shields on the Assault Seargent because it's unlikely that you are going to have him picked out, and you don't really want to take a 3+ invul on him either from shooting so doesn't make alot of sense.

Are all three dreadnoughts stock, as in with a multi-melta? Cause if that the case you may want to be dropping them down first. Being that they are pretty tough to kill, it will cause some panick, maybe you can pop acouple tanks first turn then your troops don't get slaughtered when they drop too.

The 5 man assault squads should be 10 man, so I would suggest merging two of them, and have the captain run with the 10 man squad.

Also, i find it really hard to beleive this is 2000pts.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

It's exactly 2000 points, and I see your point on the dreads and the assault squads, lemme see what I can do to revamp

Captain, Jump Pack, Storm-shield, Thunder-hammer, Digital Weapons (had to put points somewhere) - 180 points
    3x 10man Tactical Squad, 1x Melta, SGT With Power-fist, Drop-pod - 705 points (235 each squad)
    2x 10man Assault Squad, SGT w/ Thunder-hammer - 440 points (220 each squad)
    3x Venerable Dreadnought, extra armor, Drop-pod, Locator Beacon 675 points (225 each)

Total - 2000

See, it adds up!

Had to drop the artificer armor on the Captain, but with a 3+ invuln save, eh, he should be tough enough.
    Dreads drop first, as terror tactics (or 2 dreads, 1 tac squad) as suggested, was a good idea. Put the locator beacon's on those, so the other deepstrikers have something to aim at in subsequent turns.
    Assault squads upgraded to 10man.
    So, 51 Infantry, 3 dreads, and 6 drop-pods. Once they land, they wont be mobile at all, but don't think they'll need to be.
    Last edited by Nhyx; July 23rd, 2010 at 16:46. Reason: revamped list
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Hmm, I like the idea, but I think it needs some work.

- Downgrade Venerable Dreadnoughts to regular Dreadnoughts, ditch the Multimelta in favour of 2 x Autocannons. Much more effective at popping transports.
    - Add Combi-Meltas to your Tactical Sergeants. You've already lost the extra attack due to the Power Fist so might as well give these squads a bit more kick.
    - Personally, I would swap the Captain's Thunder Hammer for a Relic Blade. Don't let that I5 go to waste! Artificier Armour would also be a nice touch.

Downgrading the Dreadnoughts should give you plenty of points to play with, at which point I would suggest adding a Librarian. Null Zone is just too useful and psychic defence wouldn't go amiss.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

I would take 1-2 iron clads to save points. I would take power fists and combat shields for the assault squad sergeants. I would probably take 2 larger squads than 3 small ones
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

+ Reply to Thread