<3000 2500 pt Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500 pt Wolves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 pt Wolves

SO here goes....

HQ: 350
    Logan Grimnar - 240

Rune Priest - 110
    - Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

Troops: 1702
    x5 Wolf Guard -500
    - w/ Terminator Armor, 1x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, 2x Frost Axe and Storm Shield, 1w/ Chainfist and Storm Bolter, 1x Assault Cannon and Powerfist

- Land Raider Redeemer

x5 Wolf Guard -500
    - w/ Terminator Armor, 1x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, 2x Frost Axe and Storm Shield, 1w/ Chainfist and Storm Bolter, 1x Assault Cannon and Powerfist

- Land Raider Redeemer

9x Wolf Guard - 262
    - w/ Mark of the Wulfen, 2x Frost Blade, 1x Powerfist, 2x Combi-Meltas

- Rhino

10x Grey Hunters - 220
    - w/ 2x Meltagun Mark, 1x of the Wulfen, 1x Power Weapon, Wolf Standard

-Rhino

10x Grey Hunters - 220
    - w/ 2x Meltagun Mark, 1x of the Wulfen, 1x Power Weapon, Wolf Standard

-Rhino

Fast Attack: 120
    Land Speeder - 60
    - w/ Multi-Melta

Land Speeder - 60
    - w/ Multi-Melta

Heavy Support - 330
    6x Long Fangs - 165
    - w/Missile Launcher ( x3 ), Lascannon ( x2 )

6x Long Fangs - 165
    - w/ Missile Launcher ( x3 ), Lascannon ( x2 )

Logan Goes with one of the Long fang Unit's making on a super killy ranged unit, and providing relative cc safety. The Grey hunters are there for objective claiming while the 9x wolf guard + runepriest back them up. The Wolf guard in the redeemer screen and take down priority targets, with there load out they should be able to take down anything that comes calling. The speaders ride the flanks trying to pop something un-fun. They should be low priority targets with the 2x land raiders....

Questions and coments totally welcome...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tinny Bump?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

No worries. I am here to lend you some advice. First impressions of the list: I like it. I am glad to see a fellow SW player who can see the advantage of taking a 500+ point Wolf Guard squad. Excellent. I am however a little concerned about your prioritization, but I will talk about that later. I will look at the list in more detail now.

HQ
    You can never go wrong with Logan. Mind you, he is very valuable, and as I said about your issue with prioritization, you need to put him where he will be most protected, and where he will be most effective. Putting him with a squad of Long Fangs is a good idea, as you can give them Tank Hunters or Relentless, but to be honest, I would be placing him with the 5 man Wolf Guard Squad. You musn't forget his Living Legend rule, and coupled with the fact that he is in Terminator Armor himself, it would prove logical to assign him to a squad that would complement his capabilities as a warrior. Not only that, but I love the idea of a moving Assault Cannon.

TROOPS
    Wolf Guard as Troops FTW! Seriously, this is a very good idea, especially in higher points matches, because what Blood Claws can do, Grey Hunters can do better. And what Grey Hunters can do, Wolf Guard can do it ten times better. But let's have a look at each individual squad. In regards to your first WG squad, the one's in Terminator armor, I really like them. I use something very similar myself, and time and time again they never let me down, and imagine if Logan was with this squad: they would get +1 attack each, ( look at all those special weapons ), and they can could be given Fearless, or Relentless, to augment that awesome Assault Cannon. I think that this is the most balanced squad you possess, although we can still tweak it a little. Personally, to be really killer and really fluffy, I like to equip one of the five with Twin Wolf Claws. This way, you will have every weapon possible at your disposal, and there will be no squad that you cannot touch. It is a real comples unit now, but that does not matter. What matters is how much they will slaughter, and if you keep them on the move, and keep them with their Land Raider, you will not go far wrong. On the subject of the Land Raider, I think the Redeemer is by far the best choice for a WG squad like this. I really have to commend you for the squad, because it is looking good!

But what is better than one of the best Troops choices in the entire 40K universe??? TWO! HA! Props to you, but the tweaks I have suggested above should apply here too. Excellent.

Now the second WG squad. Not nearly as impressive as the first, and to be perfectly honest, I do not see a role for them here. You would be far better off saving your points, and getting another squad of Grey Hunters. This WG squad is just another unit that your Long Fangs and Land Speeders need to support, as the time will come for this to happen, and really, this is the last squad that you want to support. There is no balance, and you would be better off incoporating another Grey Hunter squad, but one that is equipped with two Plasma Guns, as well as all of the essentials. This way, you gain a unit that can look after themselves, and you keep your prioritization in order, as this squad would be able to push just that little bit deeper behind the lines, to get to the objective that is there. I know Wolf Guard as Troops are excellent, but if you don't give them a reason to do well, then they won't.

The Grey Hunter squads are looking really good. There is nothing that needs to be changed here.

FAST ATTACK
    I am in two minds about your Land Speeders. I like how they can work independently of one another, and I am sure that this is your intention, but I feel that they could be doing so muc more than just popping tanks. You need to make sure that your Wolf Guard and Logan ( assuming that you place him here ) do not fall into a bit of a muddle, and therefore I would have to strongly urge you to upgrade them to Typhoon Land Speeders. Multi-meltas would work OK, but seeing as how you have four Lascannons already, for those vehicles that just won't budge, and four Meltaguns for transports and vehicles of the like, I think you need to complement the warrior killing power of the WG to the warrior killing power of the Typhoons. Just my personal preference, but try and keep your list balanced, and your targets in check. With the amount of blast templates raining down on the frontlines, the enemy would find it hard to push forward.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Perfect setup. Like I have said, you could choose to place Logan here, but he really does not belong on the backlines. He belongs right up in the face of the enemy, with his Belt of Russ tight and his Axe Morkai swinging into the bloody face of Abaddon, or of the like.

All in all, I think that you really do have a good list. It still needs some work, but nevertheless, I am confident that you can pull something out of the hat.

Post back a new list, and we will take it from there.

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: 550
    Logan Grimnar - 240

Rune Priest - 110
    - Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

Rune Priest - 115
    - Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Jaws Of the Wolf World, Melta Bomb

Rune Priest - 100
    - Murderous Hurricane, Jaws of the Wolf World.

Troops: 1564
    5x Wolf Guard -500

- Land Raider Redeemer

5x Wolf Guard -500

- Land Raider Redeemer

3x Wolf Guard - 99
    - 3x frost blades Combi-Meltas

Grey Hunters x6 - 155
    - Melta Gun, Banner, Power Weapon
    - Rhino

Grey Hunters x6 - 155
    - Rhino
    Grey Hunters x6 - 155
    - Rhino

Fast Attack: 70
    Land speeder - 70
    - Multi Melta Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support - 330
    6x Long Fangs - 165
    - w/ 3x Missile Launcher, 2x Lascannon

6x Long Fangs - 165
    - w/ 3x Missile Launcher, 2x Lascannon

comes out to 2500 even. Kept claws off, they are just too expensive for the pair and i feel like the reward isn't worth the payoff. added the preisest, they are just too good to leave at home. other than that i think the list is more effective now.

+ Reply to Thread