<1000 ~1000 New IG+DH allied list, please criticize - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~1000 New IG+DH allied list, please criticize

Given some advice, this is my new, revised list.

[HQ]

CCS: 60
    -autocannon

[Troops]

Veterans w/ Shotguns: 185
    -3 meltas
    -demolitions
    -chimera transport

Veterans w/ Shotguns: 140
    -3 flamers
    -chimera transport

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers: 178
    -x2 plasma
    -rhino transport
    -extra armor
    -smoke launchers

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers: 178
    -x2 plasma
    -rhino transport
    -extra armor
    -smoke launchers

[Fast Attack]

2 Sentinels w/ autocannons: 80

821 pt. total

Last edited by riotofthemasses; August 2nd, 2010 at 08:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

EDIT: Never mind. This actually is a legal list if using the IG Codex as the parent list. Make sure you specify which codex is the parent next time.

Step 1. Lose 31 points, people aren't going to like that.

The Inquisitor squad is all confused. The Inquisitor is CC, but the servitor is long-range....and they don't have a transport. Not good. Close-combat Inquisitor builds tend to be expensive and fail miserably. Why the familiar, you don't have any psychic powers? Get some focus on that squad, it's all over the place right now.

Veterans are good. Only thing I don't like are the shotguns.

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers on foot? You do know they can't deep strike, right? Use them like veterans, 2 plasma or 2 melta and in a rhino (in DH codex) or borrow a chimera from an IG infantry squad.

Sentinels are okay.

Basilisks aren't very good in 5th Edition and aren't too hard to counter. Why the heavy stubber? Only time you can use it is when you have LOS....at which point the Bassy is very easy to kill.
    Last edited by Hockeyman506; July 31st, 2010 at 17:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    EDIT: Never mind. This actually is a legal list if using the IG Codex as the parent list. Make sure you specify which codex is the parent next time.

Step 1. Lose 31 points, people aren't going to like that.

The Inquisitor squad is all confused. The Inquisitor is CC, but the servitor is long-range....and they don't have a transport. Not good. Close-combat Inquisitor builds tend to be expensive and fail miserably. Why the familiar, you don't have any psychic powers? Get some focus on that squad, it's all over the place right now.

Veterans are good. Only thing I don't like are the shotguns.

Inquisitorial Stormtroopers on foot? You do know they can't deep strike, right? Use them like veterans, 2 plasma or 2 melta and in a rhino (in DH codex) or borrow a chimera from an IG infantry squad.

Sentinels are okay.

Basilisks aren't very good in 5th Edition and aren't too hard to counter. Why the heavy stubber? Only time you can use it is when you have LOS....at which point the Bassy is very easy to kill.
    Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate the input. I'm changing around my list given what you said, hoping my inquisitor turns out better this time. I've decided the ditch the basilisk until I accumulate a larger force, and I spent the points from it on rhinos for the stormtroopers.

Also, I changed my inquisitor to be more suited for ranged combat, giving him holocaust in case anyone gets too close.
    Last edited by riotofthemasses; July 31st, 2010 at 21:09.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Took a look at it. The Inquisitor Lord needs 3 models in his retinue so you are 2 short. If you aren't using him for tarot or a psychic hood, why not just drop him down to a regular inquisitor? He can only use two ranged weapons as well, so you might as well get rid of the storm bolter.

Not a fan of mixing and matching weapons on the stormtroopers, especially ones that have different tasks. DH plasma is dirty cheap compared to the IG ones. Why not pick up a pair? Extra armor and smoke launchers are cheap for the rhinos as well (and you get the DH rules for smoke launchers ).

If you need the points, just get rid of the terminator armor. You really don't need it. Speaking of which, why are you taking an Inquisitor and what is his role supposed to be in the army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took a look at it. The Inquisitor Lord needs 3 models in his retinue so you are 2 short. If you aren't using him for tarot or a psychic hood, why not just drop him down to a regular inquisitor? He can only use two ranged weapons as well, so you might as well get rid of the storm bolter.
    Doh, totally forgot about the retinue minimum. However, since I'm not planning on using him for cc anymore, I'll probably do just that and make him a regular inquisitor.

Not a fan of mixing and matching weapons on the stormtroopers, especially ones that have different tasks. DH plasma is dirty cheap compared to the IG ones. Why not pick up a pair? Extra armor and smoke launchers are cheap for the rhinos as well (and you get the DH rules for smoke launchers ).
    Now that I've lost some points spent on the inquisitor, I'll definitely upgrade the rhinos. As far as the equipment goes, I figured that a few template weapons would be useful as my main opponents play horde armies. For the same cost of a grenade launcher though, it's a suggestion I'll take.

If you need the points, just get rid of the terminator armor. You really don't need it. Speaking of which, why are you taking an Inquisitor and what is his role supposed to be in the army?
    Honestly I'm not quite sure. I figured with the psycannon and MM servo I could use him as another firebase, as I feel like I'm relatively short on heavy weapons. My plan before was to use him to slog down large numbers of cheap nid/ork troops in close combat, but maybe that would be better suited to a grey knight hero. That aside, any suggestions on a direction for my inquisitor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if I ditched the demolitions on one of the veteran squads and gave them flamers instead of melta, and instead equipped one of the stormtroopers squads with them? That way I would have some template weapons against hordes, and still two melta squads?

So I'd have these leftover points, that I could use to invest in a completely new idea for an inquisitor, because honestly I'm not very well acquainted with good ways to run one, or or maybe GK unit(s)?
    Last edited by riotofthemasses; August 2nd, 2010 at 07:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I completely remove the inquisitor, and switch the one vet squad to flamers, I'd have 179 pts left to play with. Maybe invest in some grey knights? Grey knight squad as fast attack? Hero, or just a better equipped inquisitor?
    Last edited by riotofthemasses; August 2nd, 2010 at 05:19.

+ Reply to Thread