<1000 [1500] Fluffy Drop Pod Salamanders C&C Requested - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

[1500] Fluffy Drop Pod Salamanders C&C Requested

Fluffy Salamanders list Im working on, all feedback appreciated.

HQ
    Vulkan He'Stan
    190pts

ELITES
    Dreadnought
    -Multimelta
    -Heavy Flamer
    **Drop Pod**
    150pts

Dreadnought
    -Multimelta
    -Heavy Flamer
    **Drop Pod**
    150pts

Assault Terminator Squad
    -5 Terminators
    -All With Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
    200pts

TROOPS
    Tactical Squad (HQ Attached)
    -10 Marines
    -Multimelta
    -Meltagun
    -Power Fist
    -Meltabombs
    **Drop Pod**
    -Locator Beacon
    250pts

Tactical Squad
    -10 Marines
    -Multimelta
    -Meltagun
    -Combi-Flamer
    -Power Fist
    **Drop Pod**
    245pts

Tactical Squad
    -10 Marines
    -Multimelta
    -Meltagun
    -Combi-Flamer
    -Power Fist
    **Drop Pod**
    245pts

FAST ATTACK
    Land Speeder Tornado
    -Multi Melta
    -Heavy Flamer
    70pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
    None

ARMY TOTAL = 1500pts

I would prefer to have a teleport homer instead of the beacon, but the beacon I think would be better since it can bring in the Speeder and is not restricted to just teleporting models.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

2000pts Orks 4-2-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff wise Salamanders don't use Land Speeders. List wise, that is a lot of melta weaponary. Fine against armour, not so good against hordes.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

I would drop that speeder and make one of those dreads venerable. I would drop the beacon, meltabombs, combiflamers, and swap in a powerweapon or so. That would make the list more competitive.

The Multimeltas in the squads are not the best choice as MMs only havea 24" range. You are much better off with missile launchers.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Thanks for the replies guys

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus Nox View Post
    Fluff wise Salamanders don't use Land Speeders. List wise, that is a lot of melta weaponary. Fine against armour, not so good against hordes.
    Limited use/access to them, not dont use them at all I wont use more than one speeder to represent their limited numbers of them (even though in larger games I really would like two of them)

As for the melta vs flamers, I would love it if heavy flamers could be taken as a squad heavy weapon choice but unfortunetely that isn't so. Every unit has some form of a twin linked template weapon. From my experience Ive noticed that flamers usually only get shot once per battle since after they land it is hard to get a foot slogging template into position so thats why I think combi-flamers would work perfect and then take the meltagun as the special weapon, instead of vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagman View Post
    I would drop that speeder and make one of those dreads venerable. I would drop the beacon, meltabombs, combiflamers, and swap in a powerweapon or so. That would make the list more competitive.

The Multimeltas in the squads are not the best choice as MMs only havea 24" range. You are much better off with missile launchers.
    Swap power weapons for power fists? Although its cheaper and does more attacks, Im a strong believer in the hidden power fist so those will probably stay. As for the multi meltas, they are free, AND they count as twin linked, so why not? Since the army is drop podding I doubt the range would be an issue. Also I was thinking if I need to I can combat squad them out so after they land, the multi meltas can fire while the power fist and meltagun are still free to assault. Sound good?

Thanks for the feedback keep it coming
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

I said swap swords for fist, just to free up enough pts for my other recommendations. I would keep as many fists as you could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you read the limited access to? I've always only seen it as they can't due to Nocturne's high gravity.

And I missed the combi-flamers, my bad.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus Nox View Post
    Where did you read the limited access to? I've always only seen it as they can't due to Nocturne's high gravity.

And I missed the combi-flamers, my bad.
    I lost my armageddon codex with all their fluff, but there's still the wiki on them which I think is all the info from armageddon Salamanders - Warhammer 40K Wiki - Space Marines, Chaos, planets, and more

The idea behind the drop pod force is it represents Vulkan's search for the relic things. I doubt he would go about with large heavy forces like land raiders and full aresnals of vehicles. To me a small strike force drop podding would fit the fluff behind Vulkan and his search much better. Not a full on assault, just a quick insertion then extraction. For speeders if they have little access to them and he requested one for his search, I would think they would give it to him since the search seems to be pretty important to the Salamanders and the reconaissance abilities of the speeder fit a search party well.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread