<2000 2000 point tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

2000 point tournament list

So i've got a ton of new IG models, and as i've been painting them up i've been considering entering into tournaments, so this is the list i've come up with.

HQ
    CCS astropath officer meltabombs 4 meltaguns
    chimera ML HF

Elites
    Marbo
    PBS 8 psykers + overseer
    chimera ML HF

Troops
    10 vets 3 flamers
    chimera ML HF
    10 vets 3 meltaguns
    chimera ML HF
    10 vets 3 plasma guns
    chimera ML HF
    10 vets 3 grenade launchers autocannon
    chimera HB HB
    Penal Legionaires
    Penal Legionaires

Fast Attack
    Vendetta 2 heavy bolters
    2 Scout Sentinels 2 multilasers 2 hunter killer missiles
    2 Scout Sentinels 2 autocannons 2 hunter killer missiles

Heavy Support
    LRDemolisher hull flamer
    LRDemolisher hull flamer
    LRBattle Tank hull lascannon

Now the plan is basically shoot the opponent, the combination of 4 units able to outflank (plus the vendetta and anything inside it) along with Marbo and an astropath I have a very mobile force, the vendetta will probobly carry the flamer vets so that their transport can be used in case another is destroyed. The sentinels can either deploy if i need the exra AT or outflank.

Here are my extra models
    Leman Russ with hull las sponson bolters
    Leman Russ Demolisher kit, all options, sponsons or not
    Aprox 15 stormtroopers inc. 2 sergeants 2 meltaguns and a plasma gun
    5 heavy weapon teams (either lascannons, autocannons, or heavy bolters, swappable)
    About 80 more guardsmen, a few grenade launchers, a bunch of flamers, a plasma gun, no more meltaguns, half a dozen or so sergeants, a few officers
    2 commissars 1 power weapon 1 power weapon plasma pistol
    1 priest, can have eviscerator or simply a large hammer (ccw)[Empire Warrior Priest model]

So what do you guys think? My main headaches have been over switching the leman russ to a third demolisher and dropping the meltabomb and a flamer to get my scout sentinels multi lasers upgraded to lascannons.

The Emperor Protects

IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

I wouldn't bring Penal Legion squads to a tournament. I'd drop them and all the HKs for an AC/GL platoon.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I agree and the PCS with 4 flamers could go in the vendetta.

A demolisher should take the hull lascannon rather than a standard russ as the S10 demolisher cannon works better against tanks and compliments the lascannon.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

What if I kept the hunter killers and added a platoon with 2 AC/GL platoon squads and a bare platoon command? Ideally the platoon command wouldnt get out of mthe vendetta and would just sit inside making it scoring so they shouldnt need the upgrade weapons, hell I could drop a psyker (since -7 should get most non-fearless enemies to ld2 and still wound T5 on 2+) to give them 3 flamers.

I just dont want to drop the HKMs as they've preformed well for me so far, and I have them glued on the models and would prefer complete WYSIWYG on my models.

Also do you guys think I should take the lascannon russ or a third HF demolisher (I have the old russes and new demolishers so the turret rings are different sizes).

The Emperor Protects
    Last edited by kevin vanrooyen; August 4th, 2010 at 18:05.
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

452 (x8)

So it was just announced that there will be a tournament at my LGS on August 21st, and i'm already entered in. The tournament is 1750pts and I'll be using a list similar to my first (sorry but that platoon is hard to juggle in while dropping 250pts and now i can be fully mechanised (with the exception of Marbo).

CCS astropath 4 meltaguns
    chimera ML HF

Elites
    Marbo
    PBS 8 psykers + overseer
    chimera ML HF

Troops
    10 vets 3 flamers
    chimera ML HF
    10 vets 3 meltaguns
    chimera ML HF
    10 vets 3 plasma guns
    chimera ML HF
    10 vets 3 grenade launchers autocannon
    chimera HB HB
    Penal Legionaires

Fast Attack
    Vendetta 2 heavy bolters
    2 Scout Sentinels 2 multilasers 2 hunter killer missiles
    2 Scout Sentinels 2 autocannons 2 hunter killer missiles

Heavy Support
    LRDemolisher hull flamer
    LRDemolisher hull flamer

This is basically my first list the only changes were that I dropped the meltabombs from the officer, a Penal Legion squad and the Leman Russ Battle Tank.

The Emperor Protects

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that seems out of place is the flamers on your vets. Seems like a waste of a model that is easier to hit with and giving them a weapon that doesn't roll to hit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

452 (x8)

What weapon do you think they should take? I have some grenade launchers I could give them, would that work better?

The Emperor Protects

+ Reply to Thread