<2000 1850 Mech IG for tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

1850 Mech IG for tourney

HQ:

Primaris Psyker

CCS: 4x Plasmagun, Officer of the Fleet, Chimera w/ hull HF

Troops:

Veteran Squad: Chimera, 3x Meltagun
    Veteran Squad: Harker, Demolitions, Autocannon, 3x Meltagun
    Veteran Squad: 3x Flamer, Demolitions
    Veteran Squad: 3x Flamer, Demolitions

Fast Attack:

Vendetta: Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Vendetta: Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Scout Sentinel: Autocannon

Heavy Support:

LRBT: Hull Lascannon
    Demolisher: Hull HF

The main idea for this list was to maximize the number of mobile scoring units, while providing enough other threat to keep the heat off of my squads. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd think you'd want chimeras for all your vets, especially those with demo charges. If you drop one vet squad, you should have enough to buy 2 chimeras and have enough to add another scout sentinel.

Also, is there a reason why you have a lascannon on the LRBT? You could replace it with a HF and have some points left over.

Is there a reason you're putting harker with a squad that has to stay still to fire (autocannon)? I'd put him with another vet squad, and run him around in a chimera.

I like this list, esp. the choice of the primaris psyker. Cheap and effective, pop the hatch on a chimera and turn them loose .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Drop the Psyker. You don't really need his shooting attack as the points could get a similar effect elsewhere such as 2 more sentinels.
    CCS looks good. I usually put hull HB on plasma squad chimeras and HF on melta squad chimeras. The plasma units sometimes stay put to fire at 12-24" range and the extra HB helps out.

Troops: Mech vets are great. Flamers on BS4 vets seems a waste. What about a cheap platoon with 25 men. PCS takes 4 flamers in a vendetta and add a SWS with 3 democharges in the other. The 10 man squads take AC an GL/plasma to give fire support from cover and hold home objectives.

Fast: Good

Heavy: Put the lascannon on the demolisher as the AP is similar and they both hunt tanks better than the S8 cannon on the standard russ.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by General Van Rensaler View Post
    I'd think you'd want chimeras for all your vets, especially those with demo charges. If you drop one vet squad, you should have enough to buy 2 chimeras and have enough to add another scout sentinel.

Two of the unmounted vet squads are to ride in the vendettas. Their main job was to clear cover of entrenched troops so flamers seemed to way to go. The demo charge and meltabombs seemed to fit this kind of close in role. @Mad Cat: There is some waste of the BS4 with the flamers, but it was cheapest in absolute points to do it this way, and the only way to give meltabombs to a squad that should ideally be in cover w/in 12 inches of my opponents deployment edge by turn 2. Harker was chosen for the last squad because he can infiltrate. 3+ cover saves with an autocannon, HB and 3 meltaguns seemed like a good way to create or enhance a chokepoint.

Also, is there a reason why you have a lascannon on the LRBT? You could replace it with a HF and have some points left over.

My reasoning for taking the lascannon on the vanilla russ was the range. 72" for the battle cannon plus 48" for the lascannon keep it out of the closest of the fighting and still remains a threat. Another consideration was that although a pie plate can wipe out a marine squad, there is often some special character that will have a wound left or have an invulnerable save. The lascannon gives you another shot at him.

Is there a reason you're putting harker with a squad that has to stay still to fire (autocannon)? I'd put him with another vet squad, and run him around in a chimera.

Harker is meant to infiltrate a squad of vets to deny a piece of cover to my opponent and create a threat bubble on his side of the table.

I like this list, esp. the choice of the primaris psyker. Cheap and effective, pop the hatch on a chimera and turn them loose .
    The psyker is basically there to take up the 5th fire point in the command chimera. I figured an extra 2d6 str6 ap5 shots was a nice bonus to 8 str 7 shots and 3 str 6 shots

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

If you like using a russ at range with lascannon in the hull consider taking a vanquisher for the extra 5 points. Now both weapons work well together and at 5 points extra the cost is marginal.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

I will definitely have to try the vanquisher, it will be interesting to see how a dedicated tank killer with that kind of range works. On a side note, how does the vanquisher deal with the necron monolith's living metal rule?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

Vanquishers use 2D6 for penetration but this is not the melta rule so it works against wave serpents and thunderhawks with their ceremite shielding. However living metal on a monolith is even better. A vanquisher cannon only gets 1D6+8 vs a monolith.

A standard demolisher with S10 and 2D6 [pick the best] for penetration is best against the monolith or a medusa with breeching shells. It wont get the 2D6 added together but S10 and AP1 helps on the damage chart.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

605 (x8)

Necrons seriously need a new codex. Aside from the brokenness of the monolith they don't get terribly great bang for their points.

+ Reply to Thread