<2000 2000 Point Black Templar List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Black Templar List

This will be my first time using Black Templars so f I miss a rule please point it out. But I'm playing Chaos Space Marines on Sunday and I devised a list that I'de like to get some feed back on how well you think it will work.

100 Emperor's Champion- Uphold the honor of the Emperor

HQ
    192 MAster of Sanctity- Bionics, Terminator Armour, Melta Gun, Thunder Hammer, Auspex, Melta Bombs.

123 4 Sword Bretheren Comand Squad- 2 Heavy Flamers, 4 Crusader Seals
    (Sergent-Thunder Hammer, combi-melta gun)
    50 Drop Pod- Death Wind Launcher

Elites
    374 8 Sword Bretheren Terminator Assault Squad- 5 lightning claws, 5 thunder hammers, 8 crusader seals, furious charge

135 Dreadnaught- Venerable, heavy flamer
    50 Drop Pod-Deathwind Launcher

Troops
    205 10 Initiates- 8 Bolt Pistols/ Close Combat Weapon, 1 Power Fist/ Bolt Pistol, 1 Melta Gun, 10 Frag grenades, Crusader Seals

205 10 Initiates- 8 Bolt Pistols/ Close Combat Weapon, 1 Power Fist/ Bolt Pistol, 1 Melta Gun, 10 Frag grenades, Crusader Seals

Heavy Support
    328 Land Raider Crusader- Blessed Hull, Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, Hunter-Killer Missile, Smoke Launchers, Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter

145 Predator Destructor- 2 Side Lassconnons, Hunter-Killer Missle

2000 Points

Game Plan:
    It's Extremely Straight Forward. I land The Master of Sanctity and his squad right behind enemy lines and wreck stuff along with the sword bretheren to tie up close units that pose a threat that could pile in (I say tie up but they'll wreck). 1 of my initiate troops will do this too. While my Land Raider Crusader full of Assault Sword bretheren Smash Through the Enemy lines and open its hull in a devastating storm of shrapnel and release it's payload, while krumpin' stuff along the way.
    Next is my Dreadnaught with an assault cannon which I will drop in so I can place it just int he right spot and then my Predator Destructor while blast away things from a far.
    That just leaves one more squad of initiates which I will probably leave behind to protect the predator or put where else they're needed.
    Oh also my Emperors Champion I am a little worried about, I'm probably going to march him up behind the Crusader.

So yeah, how does this sound, what are some nasty tricks the Caos Space MArines are likely to pull in this circumstance? And how can I better alter/use my army list for the better (for example I don't know if all the deathwind launchers were worth it, but I like them so I put them on).

And my final comment is, personally would you take thunder hammers or lightning claws for your terminators?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, a few things I would change. Number 1 is the Vow. A 6+ Invulnerable save may be useful, but I would personally choose Abhor the Witch for the free move and the 5+ against psychic powers or Accept any Challenge to boost the number of hits you can make.

The Master of Sanctity already has a power weapon, and Thunder Hammers for Characters are just a way to get them killed. Also, they can't take meltaguns.

The Terminator Squad, I'd go for an even mix of Claws and Hammers just to cover all the bases. Otherwise not bad, although you could drop the Raider and Deep Strike the Terminators.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took uphold the honor not only for the +6 invulnerable but you don't get effected by pinning. But Abhor the witch sounds useful so I think I'll go with that, which is perfect because when I take out the thunder hammer I'm only 5 points short of 2000 (good point about the hammer). And I mean to post "combi-melta gun", sorry.
    Now I considered dropping the Land Raider Crusader in order to deep strike them. But the crusader will be more accurate, and it in its self is devastating. Although if I dropped it, I could definitely get a whole other troop unit or a decent amount of elites. Which do you think is the better choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you can drop the Blessed upgrade as Chaos doesn't have Lance weapons (as far as I know). That is a conundrum. If they deep strike they can't do anything for a turn, but if they are in a Raider they can get shot at. I'd probably go with the Raider so they can charge straight away.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

+ Reply to Thread