<1000 111th Cadian Lightnin Corps 2000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111th Cadian Lightnin Corps 2000 point list

Hi there!

Here's me new ig list, as a result of regrouping my old cadian regiment for the purposes of new codex and 5th edition. I tried to make it: competetive, fluffy and WYSIWYG force (which influenced the choice of particular models).
    Please comment on this one ! thx in advance

HQ
    1. Company Command Squad: power fist, 3 x plasma gun, regimental standard, astropath, carapace [175]

2. Commissar Lord: power fist, carapace armour [90]

ELITES
    1. Psyker Battle Squad: Overseer, 7 psykers, Chimera [145]
    OR
    1. 2 X Hydra [150]

2. Kasrkins: 2 x melta gun [105]

TROOPS
    1. Infantry Platoon Alpha: IP Command Squad: mortar [35]
    I
    nfantry Squad:power weapon, autocannon [60]

Infantry Squad:power weapon, (flamer), autocannon [75] (Hydra Variant - without flamer [70])

Infantry Squad:power weapon, flamer, autocannon [75]

Infantry Squad:Commissar, power weapon, flamer, autocannon [110]

2. Vetereans: power fist, 3 x melta gun, shotguns, grenadiers [145]

3. Vetereans: power fist, 3 x melta gun, shotguns, grenadiers/demolitions [145]

FAST ATTACK
    1. Vendetta Gunship: 3 twin-linked lascannons [130]

2. Vendetta Gunship: 3 twin-linked lascannons [130]

3. Vendetta Gunship: 3 twin-linked lascannons [130]

HEAVY SUPPORT
    1. LR Executioner: executioner cannon, 2 plasma cannons [230]

2. LR Executioner: executioner cannon, 2 plasma cannons [230]

remarks:
    This is just to provide you with the main idea of this army. I divided it into 2 acting independetly or cooperating (if necessary) parts: carapace armoured squads in vendettas and stationary supportinfg-fire power guardsman force (acting most often as a combined numerous squad of 40 soldiers. The reason why I did not take a Company Command for them is that I did not feel much convinced about spending over 100 points (I tend to give them fist, plasma guns and some other stuff depending on the rest of the army) primarily for giving orders for one squad. I believe it's worh considering when you got 2 infantry platoons.

I also took Commissar Lord for one of grenadiers squad in order to improve their close combat skill.

In relation to heavy support - i decided to pay a lot for AV 14 and fire power. Some people claim LR is not worth its cost anymore. Maybe it's true maybe it's not.
    I consider heavy tanks the essence of an IG army. I had an instinctive feeling that this list lacks in ap 2 wpns and blast wpns.

I also considered but finally did not take: penal legion squad, 2 or 3 model Sentinel squadron with autocannons (outflanking), demolishers and exterminators in any combinations in the number of 2.

Hear ya all !

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

It's an interesting list. I find the choice of 3 vendettas and 2 Executioners to be bold expenditures of points, especially paired with carapace armor. I think that you might be screwing yourself out of possibly more beneficial additional models to do this.

I question the use of sponsons on these tanks, they lose a lot of their cost if you move them around, but are very vulnerable if you don't. If you are committed to equipping them this way, you might want to consider using them from cover and adding camo nets (this will require one or more infantry squads be tied up as assault protection for these tanks). I feel compelled to point out that hydra's are a heavy support slot not an elite slot. I would also suggest losing the mortar, a single mortar is little more than an orkish party favor in my opinion.

I am interested to hear how this list performs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Sponsons on tanks make the Russ somewhere along the lines of 1-5% more likely to survive a shooting attack. Not worth it. Ever.

As for the Vendettas, you should only really have 2, and both should probably have heavy bolters. As I've mentioned before, there's a very good reason for giving Vendettas heavy bolters. Hopefully someone else can explain.

Carapace armour is a terrible waste of points 99.5% of the time.

Other things, too, but it's getting late and I simply must sleep

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    Sponsons on tanks make the Russ somewhere along the lines of 1-5% more likely to survive a shooting attack. Not worth it. Ever.

As for the Vendettas, you should only really have 2, and both should probably have heavy bolters. As I've mentioned before, there's a very good reason for giving Vendettas heavy bolters. Hopefully someone else can explain.

Carapace armour is a terrible waste of points 99.5% of the time.

Other things, too, but it's getting late and I simply must sleep
    I think where cKerensky is going with his thought on Hvy Bolters on Vendettas, is that for about 10 points each you get 2 hvy bolters per vendetta. Since vendettas are fast vehicles, they can move at combat speed (read 6in or less), and fire ALL of their weapons. So in hovering death mode you would have 6 hvy bolter shots and 3 TL Lascannon shots at a unit. This can ruin an infantry units day as well as scare the bejeezus out of light vehicles. In short, adding the hvy bolters makes the vendetta a lot better vs infantry, and makes for a more flexible fast gun platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your advice.

I perfectly realise that Hydras are HS n not an elite choice but I wrote them down there just to make it clear that I plan to take them and Psyker Battle Squad alternately.

In relation to the mortar - the idea how to use cheap IPlatoon Command Squad (35 points) is to provide combined squads with Platoon Commander orders (which are not comparableto Platoon Commander's ones but I believe You can make a good use of them in some circumstances, especially by using first rank fire, second rank fire or incoming. I want to keep them alive as long as possible, therefore giving them mortar seems to be the best choice. For 35 points cost You get orders, indirect fire heavy weapon (that causes pinning) enabling you to hide the squad.

I'm taking into account having one LR with sponsons (most often situated in a good cover) and surrounded by regular infantry and one without - for instance arriving from reserves and acting on his own.

The general concept of having 3 (not 2) vendettas and carapace armoured trnasported infantry arises from both:
    - the idea of dedicating vendettas to storm trooper squads (which is rather fluffy than effective)
    - to make this part of an army more killy in close combat with foes they could possibly try to compete with
    - to protect them with flamers - most deadly weapon against flak armour troops

To sum up, I have to admit that most often carapace is a waist of points.
    In these army vision I wouldn't be so sure however.

I also agree that heavy volters are worth taking as a vendetta equipment, I haven't done this due to lack of points.

Perhaps it's worth mentioning that I usually play friendly games with an experienced Eldar player (playing air cavarly force - he takes 3 falcons and 3 serpents in his 2000 point list, and Tau).

I believe that giving my squads carapace will noticeably increase their chances in successful close combat conditions against Tau and hopefully against Eldar too.

+ Reply to Thread